PDA

View Full Version : Trent believes Bills have the pieces

justasportsfan
05-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I know, i know...whats he suppose to say right?

“Optimism is at an all-time high right now because of our coaching situation,” said Edwards. ”I think that as a player you have to believe in the coaches that you have coaching you and I am the type of player that is going to believe in the guys that are in front of me, believe in the guys that are coaching me and I do believe that we have the people in place now, yes.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/24/trent-believes-bills-have-the-pieces/

YardRat
05-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Trent needs to stand behind center in a strong-side 2WR set, look to his left at the last man on the line of scrimmage in the trench, and reconsider what he's saying.

Night Train
05-24-2010, 02:59 PM
Good for Trent. :bf1:

Then he should get out of the way and not screw it up. :up:

trapezeus
05-24-2010, 03:03 PM
well, it's better than hearing him say something like, "well we'll see what happens when i get to camp."

he was such a big jauron guy until jauron threw him under the bus.

Trent's got the same questions he had last year. will he take chances? will he stay healthy? will he be good enough in the winter?

If he fails any one of these 3 again, that's pretty much it for him as a starter.

i think he has the tools mentaly, He checked down a lot, but he didn't have time and he didn't seem overly confident about his protection.

Physically, i think it's impossible for him to make it through a 16 game season. And that's a real concern. Maybe he is destined to be a great back up. a reich that can give you 3-5 games.

sdbillsfan2
05-24-2010, 03:25 PM
It's funny he's saying this considering most of the world knows one of our most glaring weakness is the position he was signed to play.
So ....if he really believes we have the pieces and the team still loses, will he finally admit he's a liability?

Typ0
05-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Translation: I haven't even talked to CG yet and am getting my information from ESPN just like everyone else.

Jan Reimers
05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Easy to say when you're playing golf in San Diego.

feldspar
05-24-2010, 05:27 PM
Listen to the whole interview. It's not a bad one. What's the guy supposed to say?

http://xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/18923.mp3

sdbillsfan2
05-24-2010, 05:39 PM
Listen to the whole interview. It's not a bad one. What's the guy supposed to say?

http://xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/18923.mp3

How about admitting he and some of the other guys let the team down and he'll work harder at getting it right might be a start ? That would be a start wouldn't it ?

BillsWin
05-24-2010, 06:52 PM
For once I would love a player, like one in Trent's situation, to come out and say, "Look, my play hasn't been up to par. I've let down my teammates and my fans. It's time for us to hold eachother accountable and it starts with me. A lot of us have just been coasting and it's time to change. I am going to work my ass off this year and I will make it up to everyone. Losing is not an option."

THAT is what Trent should say.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Listen to the whole interview. It's not a bad one. What's the guy supposed to say? I'll tell you what he should say: "Get me a d*** LT that can start in this league or I quit. I've already been nailed enough in the head, I'm not going to risk my long-term health just to play football. There are safer ways to earn a dollar." Of course, that would come off as spoiled, and he'd probably get axed anyway. At this point though, for the Bills, I don't think it'd be that much of a loss.

Nighthawk
05-24-2010, 07:25 PM
Kelsey was on Sirius today and he too was very impressed with Gailey and the discipline he brings. That's been a common theme from guys being interviewed...Gailey is instilling discipline and he wants it done a certain way. I'm very happy to hear that and know that "Camp Dickey" is now gone!

justasportsfan
05-24-2010, 07:34 PM
when I first read the title I thought trent mean the bills had his body parts

BillsWin
05-24-2010, 07:44 PM
Kelsey was on Sirius today and he too was very impressed with Gailey and the discipline he brings. That's been a common theme from guys being interviewed...Gailey is instilling discipline and he wants it done a certain way. I'm very happy to hear that and know that "Camp Dickey" is now gone!

I think we got 1-2 games better just by firing Dick to be honest.

His teams were unprepared, weak and pathetic.

Our gameplans weren't actually game plans, they were just, "Hey, go out there, run the same 15 plays we did last Sunday and try hard. mmm k?"

His training camps were a joke and players like Owens said it best.

His practices were easy, he gave veteran players days off and he never pushed his players hard or got on them for anything.

We may be switching schemes, but I'm sorry. Dick Jauron held these guys back.

justasportsfan
05-24-2010, 07:48 PM
I think we got 1-2 games better just by firing Dick to be honest.

but we had to rebuild and make transitions defensively to a new scheme which could hurt us more. Ifr anything I think our O will be better than what Dick had. Maybe not this year but definitely next year.

BillsWin
05-24-2010, 07:52 PM
but we had to rebuild and make transitions defensively to a new scheme which could hurt us more. Ifr anything I think our O will be better than what Dick had. Maybe not this year but definitely next year.

I know, its like firing Dick put us one step forward, but we had to step right back because of the scheme changes.

But I believe with one more good draft this team will show DRASTIC improvements.

And I mean DRASTIC. Maybe we won't go 14-2, but you'll be able to tell the difference.

This year, I just want improvement in play, game calling and attitude.

jamze132
05-25-2010, 07:25 AM
I just don't want to waste our time outs midway through the 3rd.