• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Miami Dolphins trade Justin Smiley to Jaguars, sign lineman

Smiley has been traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars for a "late-round pick,'' sources said Monday.The Dolphins also signed guard Cory Procter on Monday, a week after Procter was cut by the Dallas Cowboys.
    OMG!!!! TWO MORE GUYS THE BILLS MISSED OUT ON!!!! WHAT ARE THOSE DUMB-ASSES AT OBD DOING????

YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

Re: Miami Dolphins trade Justin Smiley to Jaguars, sign lineman

Who is to say we did not call, maybe they did not want to trade inside division. Also jags got him for a 7th.

Comment

• B-DON
      hi
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by YardRat
      http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/2...in-smiley.html

OMG!!!! TWO MORE GUYS THE BILLS MISSED OUT ON!!!! WHAT ARE THOSE DUMB-ASSES AT OBD DOING????

Calm down over there crazytown. Maybe we did offer them but didn't want to trade within division, plus the guy is a damn scrub in my book. Both of them for that matter. I'd rather our young guys get some experience then some scrub stop gaps.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Guys while I can assure you that YR is bat **** crazy, at least in this case he is only being sarcastic.

As for the trade, this trade certainly weakens the Dolphins as Smiley was an entrenched starter...Im curious to know why he was dealt for so little.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
          • Mar 2005

did you read the article DB?

Comment

• methos4ever
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Guys while I can assure you that YR is bat **** crazy, at least in this case he is only being sarcastic.

As for the trade, this trade certainly weakens the Dolphins as Smiley was an entrenched starter...Im curious to know why he was dealt for so little.
            I believe it was injury concerns DB - he was good, but unavailable really for gameday.

Comment

• Bling
              • Jul 2004

Miami was weakened with or without Smiley. Injuries, it's a part of the game. Look for Miami to draft Rodney Hudson now with their first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                did you read the article DB?
                Hell no, blue linkie things take far too much time.

Plus methos gave me the info a second later. You could of been more helpful and gotten the extra cool points like methos did. You lose out.
                COMING SOON...

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DA-2
                  Miami was weakened with or without Smiley. Injuries, it's a part of the game. Look for Miami to draft Rodney Hudson now with their first pick in the 2011 NFL Draft.
                  True about the first part.

If they take Hudson (as of this moment) they'll get ripped like when they took Ginn. Do you really want to repeat that experiment? Pouncey is a far safer pick right now. Has more versatility, strength, and athleticism. Hudson isn't bad but he's just behind Franklin in my book. Strong 2nd Round pick, but its still very early.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• Nublar7
                    • Oct 2004

Smiley has been out of Miami's plans for well over two months now. He has missed 8 games over the past two seasons and some reports(maybe they were a little dramatic) say his shoulder is shot. It has been well known that the Dolphins were looking to unload him and May 28th was the unofficial deadline to trade or release him. The fact that four days before that they were able to actually find a trading partner is pretty amazing. I would be surprised though if it is for anything more than just a 7th round pick.

Miami does have the depth to be able to part ways with him. Richie Incognito(you should know him pretty well) seems to be penciled in as the starter at right guard. Nate Garner, who actually played in place of Smiley last season when he was injured and played very well, seems to be the early favorite at LG. Though he is going to face an extremely tough competition from Donald Thomas, who started 12 games at right guard last season, newly signed Procter and massive third round pick Joh Jerry.

With the subtraction of Smiley, Miami actually still probably has to many players on the line. There are definitely going to be some tough decisions come the end of camp.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by YardRat
                      http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/05/2...in-smiley.html

Any time another team signs someone, we should be upset and consider that someone we missed out on?

You're probably not serious lol.
                      Last edited by JCBills; 05-24-2010, 07:05 PM.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by JCBills
                        Any time another team signs someone, we should be upset and consider that someone we missed out on?
                        in this case he is only being sarcastic.
                        YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

See and you were critical of me bolding, underling and putting things in all caps during the Pick-A-Day game, now you see why.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

See and you were critical of me bolding, underling and putting things in all caps during the Pick-A-Day game, now you see why.
                            I thought I did quite a good job following the requests.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• Mike13
                              • Aug 2005

I think we whould have just kept him for depth at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X