PDA

View Full Version : Thurman vs Lynch, and now Edwards vs Kelly

BillsWin
05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
LINK (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13878/edwards-kellys-comments-little-bit-naive)

Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) quarterback Trent Edwards (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=10536) usually acts as though each negative word written or said about him bounces off his shoulder pads.

But what Bills icon Jim Kelly (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=6410) said about him in November clearly didn't go over well.

Edwards, during a break in Drew Brees (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2580)' celebrity golf tournament this weekend, sat down with XX Sports Radio 1090 (http://www.doublex1090.com/pages/main)hosts Scott Kaplan and Billy Ray Smith to discuss his status with the Bills.

Shut up Trent. :loser:
Prove him wrong on the field. Not on the mic.
That is, if you can.

Yasgur's Farm
05-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Yup... Edwards should just STFU... Lynch as well. Get on the field and show the nay sayers wrong... Make them STFU. Or continue in the sainthood of pussification and remain insignificant. Obviously Thomas and Kelly proved themself to be something other than insignificant.

Griff
05-24-2010, 06:52 PM
he's just pissed about the California comment, and he's right, just being from a certain state doesn't mean you're going to suck, and its not like Florida (Tebow) is some cold weather state.

Yasgur's Farm
05-24-2010, 07:02 PM
he's just pissed about the California comment, and he's right, just being from a certain state doesn't mean you're going to suck, and its not like Florida (Tebow) is some cold weather state.He's certainly not done anything to change the "California image".

YardRat
05-24-2010, 07:07 PM
Good. Some of these guys (most?) need to start playing with a chip on their shoulder and like they have something to prove.

Yasgur's Farm
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Time to remove the tampon dispensers in the Bills locker room!

Griff
05-24-2010, 07:09 PM
also he did say that Kelly is within his rights to talk ****

BillsWin
05-24-2010, 07:11 PM
also he did say that Kelly is within his rights to talk ****

He only said that to cover his ass. He didn't want Bills fans any more angry with him and taking a shot at one of the greatest players in Bills history (and one of the most loved) is one sure fire way to piss off a lot of people.

Yasgur's Farm
05-24-2010, 07:17 PM
It has less to do with weather and more to do with lifestyle influences... Let's just say that Parisians produce more white flags than heroes.

wmoz11
05-24-2010, 07:18 PM
Kelly does need to shut the hell up. Thurman, too. I don't care how "right" they are or what they did for the organization.

Yasgur's Farm
05-24-2010, 07:22 PM
Kelly doess need to shut the hell up. Thurman, too. I don't care how "right" they are or what they did for the organization.I take it that you were in favor of keeping Jauron... Because that's the influence that nurtures the pussification of these players.

justasportsfan
05-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Kelly does need to shut the hell up. Thurman, too. I don't care how "right" they are or what they did for the organization.
If we can voice our opinions, so can they.

wmoz11
05-24-2010, 07:41 PM
If we can voice our opinions, so can they.

It doesn't mean they should voice their opinions. Badmouthing current players as a former player is detrimental. Really, what does it do to benefit anything?

Keep your mouths shut at least until Trent, Marshawn, etc are out the door, then say whatever you want.

I'm just tired of members of the Bills family badmouthing the Bills... the players hear enough garbage in the media (true or not). They don't need it to be coming from their own "family."

LtFinFan66
05-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Maybe the guys bashing them should STFU. It isn't helping anything? Just saying

justasportsfan
05-24-2010, 07:53 PM
It doesn't mean they should voice their opinions. Badmouthing current players as a former player is detrimental. Really, what does it do to benefit anything?

Keep your mouths shut at least until Trent, Marshawn, etc are out the door, then say whatever you want.

detrimental ? it's up to the players to step up and prove them wrong . They are pro's. Not college students anymore.

Griff
05-24-2010, 07:56 PM
He only said that to cover his ass. He didn't want Bills fans any more angry with him and taking a shot at one of the greatest players in Bills history (and one of the most loved) is one sure fire way to piss off a lot of people.

objection! conjecture.

Griff
05-24-2010, 07:57 PM
It has less to do with weather and more to do with lifestyle influences... Let's just say that Parisians produce more white flags than heroes.

and what lifestyle influences makes California bad?

Griff
05-24-2010, 07:58 PM

I'm just tired of members of the Bills family badmouthing the Bills... the players hear enough garbage in the media (true or not). They don't need it to be coming from their own "family."

Its called locker material, sometimes bad mouthing a player to the press is what a player needs to play better.

Yasgur's Farm
05-24-2010, 08:03 PM
and what lifestyle influences makes California bad?Work with it... You'll understand if you think about it.

Italian Stallion
05-24-2010, 08:05 PM
California is gay. Kelly should shut his damn mouth. Edwards sucks. That is all.

Griff
05-24-2010, 08:13 PM
Work with it... You'll understand if you think about it.

no, write it out, it will be funny.

Griff
05-24-2010, 08:14 PM
California is gay. Kelly should shut his damn mouth. Edwards sucks. That is all.

lol :up: love that ignorance

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-24-2010, 08:32 PM

LOL that pretty much sums it up.
Good show, old boy!

homeslice5484
05-24-2010, 08:34 PM
This coming from the same guy who said he was not a bills fan, he just works for the Bills. Every player should be a fan of the team they play for, while I understand its your job, at least look like you love the game when your playing, play with some fire and emotion. That is the main difference between Fitz and Trent...Fitz while totally inaccurate at least shows fire and passion out there.

Slim
05-24-2010, 08:54 PM
Jp and Trent suck beacuse they are bad qbs. Not beacuse they are from California. I believe I once read that California has produced the most super bowl winning qbs.

Billz_fan
05-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Can't we find another QB that went to High School in PA ? :laughter:

mrbojanglezs
05-24-2010, 09:11 PM
i lost any talent commenting respect for kelly when he said he wanted tebow over any other qb

don137
05-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Kelly is a very passionate person. He loves players that have a strong passion of the game. He played that way and he sees that in Tebow.

Right or wrong the Bills have been burned by a few QBs from California like Johnson, Losman (I do feel Losman had passion but not the mental makeup of a QB) and now Edwards.

In Kelly and Thurman's mind he sees players like Lynch and Edwards that do not have a passion for the game and it is frustrating. They donned the red, white and blue with pride and see this as a team that work to collect a paycheck but not as players that love the game, want to win at all costs and love playing for the Bills.

If Lynch had passion he would of fought hard last year to overcome his demotion. Edwards has some very well known flaws and he gives the perception of he is not working to overcome those flaws. To many former players and current fans it gets tough to watch that demeanor.

jamze132
05-25-2010, 07:15 AM
Gees people, it wasn't like Trent just came out and started bashing Kelly. He was just answering some questions and I am glad he didn't pussyfoot around with his answers.

trapezeus
05-25-2010, 09:28 AM
i'm going to be interested to see what happens to the thurmans and kelly's when we actually field a team that wins it all. i wonder if they will be congratulatory, or will feel the sting of being pushed aside. i mean, let's face it, if we get a superbowl winning team, they are going to surpass all the greats, the way kelly and thurman went right past kemp and oj.

ChristopherWalken
05-25-2010, 11:19 AM
Trent probably cried long and hard over this.

HHURRICANE
05-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Kelly and Lynch should STFU. Last I looked they aren't wearing any Super Bowl rings.

Edwards and Lynch have both been disppointing but I'd bet they would have played alot better if they had the o-line that Thurman and Kelly played behind.

Dismantling the o-line last year was the number one reason the offense sucked. Everything after that was the snowball rolling downhill.

seanbillsfan
05-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Gees people, it wasn't like Trent just came out and started bashing Kelly. He was just answering some questions and I am glad he didn't pussyfoot around with his answers.
Agreed. Kelly has every right to state his opinions, and Edwards has every right to stick up for himself

Electrici
05-25-2010, 11:54 AM
From reading the article, Edwards didn't say anything wrong, in fact he handled it just fine. Players, current and past, should just be quiet. We know the Bills are/have been bad, no sense in ripping people personally.. unless of course it makes them play better. That remains to be seen.

OpIv37
05-25-2010, 12:02 PM
he's just pissed about the California comment, and he's right, just being from a certain state doesn't mean you're going to suck, and its not like Florida (Tebow) is some cold weather state.

Reality check: Our last 3 QB failures- Edwards, Losman and Rob Johnson- all came from California.

Maybe Kelly was making a joke, or maybe there really is some other factor about California that makes these guys fail in Buffalo (weather, culture, attitude, etc).

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Well, we're 0 for 3 on California QB's- I can't blame Kelly for wanting to go in a different direction.

Of course, I don't see Tebow as the answer and I think Kelly's enamored with him because a) he's a Christian, like Kelly and b) he played his college ball in Florida, like Kelly (even if it was for a rival school). As much as I like Kelly, sometimes I wish he'd just STFU about the Bills and use his retirement for other things.

Beebe's Kid
05-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Wasn't Kelly half ****ing joking? Does anybody with a shred of ****ing intelligence really think that the state of birth has one iota of an influence on a person's ability to be an NFL QB.

I took the comment as Kelly was, as is so fondly used here, "just sayin'," seeing as we have happened to pick two QB's that didn't work out, whom hailed form CA.

That being said...I think Trent over-reacted to the comment about his birth-state, but didn't react enough to the fact he was called on the carpet as a QB that couldn't cut the mustard.

Period.

You have shown nothing except the "hot start" against a bunch of **** teams two years ago. Time to hike up your skirt, grab your nuts (assuming TE has nuts is pure speculation) and lead this ****ing team.

I feel he was poised to do so last year, but quickly sent out invitations to his pity party, as soon as he figured out that TO was the guy that commanded attention in the locker room. Like it or not, it was TO's team, or at least his offense. TO's personality to too overpowering, which is why he is not in Dallas. Tony Homo was never going to be a leader until TO was gone....so buh-bye TO.

I am a homer, and I don't want to hear **** from Trent. Shut your ****ing mouth, and show me. If you are the QB, fine, but show me you are willing to be a leader, show me you'll play hurt, show me you can win a close game, show me you can come from behind, show me if we can't run you can figure it out. Show me. I wouldn't even get in front of a mic if I were him. Show us Trent, or else go back to the QB barren state of CA.

Also, Jim and Thurman can say whatever they want. They still get mics put in their faces because they got results. If Trent left right now, is anybody going to interview him in 20 years to find out what he thinks of the current QB? **** no. Are they always right? I guess that depends...can an opinion even be right? Half of you that are telling them to "STFU" wouldn't even be fans if they hadn't been here in the early '90's. Unfortunately for those that don't like it, they are tradition, and tradition means something. Kelly and Thurman didn't seek the press, they were sought.

Griff
05-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Reality check: Our last 3 QB failures- Edwards, Losman and Rob Johnson- all came from California.

Maybe Kelly was making a joke, or maybe there really is some other factor about California that makes these guys fail in Buffalo (weather, culture, attitude, etc).

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Well, we're 0 for 3 on California QB's- I can't blame Kelly for wanting to go in a different direction.

Of course, I don't see Tebow as the answer and I think Kelly's enamored with him because a) he's a Christian, like Kelly and b) he played his college ball in Florida, like Kelly (even if it was for a rival school). As much as I like Kelly, sometimes I wish he'd just STFU about the Bills and use his retirement for other things.
a) Trent is a Christian

also Rob Johnson and JP suck for reasons other than their home state

Demon
05-25-2010, 06:43 PM

Exactly. I am not a Edwards fan, but Kelly needs to shut up too. First off, he was a major Tebow supporter, a QB that very little experts like. Second of all, Kelly, has a monster team around him and still choked away 4 super bowls.

Edwards just ain't good. Has little to do where he came from. Brady Quinn was from Ohio and failed with the Browns.

SABURZFAN
05-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Kelly and Thomas just need to STFU. those old has-beens wouldn't be parading around running their mouths if they had played on crap teams. we all know that Edwards and Lynch have been stinking it up. if Kelly and Thomas are so-called part of the Bills family, they'd be going about trying to help these players and not bash them on radio, in newspapers, or wherever. then again, these old fossils were part of the infamous Bickering Bills. they were notorious for running their mouths and pointing fingers. after 20 years, some things never change.

BillsWin
05-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Trent probably cried long and hard over this.

He probably cries those weird, awkward dry cries. Where no tears come out, but he's heaving and balling so much that snot's dripping out his nose and he looks like he's in pain.

And then he passes out and takes a nap.

billz83
05-26-2010, 01:52 PM
all i gotta say is captain CHECKDOWN needs to step up and prove hes a REAL QB..nobody gives a **** about his words..get on the field and PROVE u can do the dayum thing..and if u cant then guess what Kelly was right..Edwards is a sensitive *** dude..sumbody needa check homz rag..