PDA

View Full Version : Tim Geithner and Hillary Clinton in China

DMBcrew36
05-25-2010, 07:59 AM
I know, I know - you see the title and say "WTF, how is this Bills or football related?"

Tim Geithner and Hillary Clinton are in China meeting with the Chinese government to discuss Europe, China's currency, their business environment for foreigners, etc, etc.

Anyways, Clinton and Geithner met with the U.S., Chinese, and global media for an extremely high level press conference, and for some reason, Hillary brought up the Buffalo Bills a bunch of times. I only caught the end of it, so I can't elaborate much more as to why she would (since it's rather odd), but it's pretty cool.

She said that the first NFL player to come out of China will be playing for the Buffalo Bills. Shortly after, a reporter brought up her mentioning the Buffalo Bills, and she responded that "We love the Buffalo Bills."

superbills
05-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Here's a link to the transcript of the speech. She mentioned the Bills, but it was short and sweet and doesn't have any reporter interactions cited.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100522155211stat.nb/topstory.html

Pinkerton Security
05-25-2010, 09:37 AM
man I hate Hillary Clinton, but maybe the Bills drafted Wang to expand their fan base to China :idunno:

justasportsfan
05-25-2010, 09:37 AM
"We love the Buffalo Bills."

typical politician. Had the bengals drafted Wang, she would've said "we love the bengals and move the bills to L.A."

FlyingDutchman
05-25-2010, 09:44 AM
youd think shed be there focusing a little more on the incredibly tense situation on the korean peninsula

DMBcrew36
05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
Here's a link to the transcript of the speech. She mentioned the Bills, but it was short and sweet and doesn't have any reporter interactions cited.

http://newsblaze.com/story/20100522155211stat.nb/topstory.html

That's not from today, I don't believe. I'm referring to the press conference this morning, at 6:30am EST. But the comments today I believe were a follow-up to Hillary's remarks you posted the transcript from.

jamze132
05-25-2010, 10:05 AM
Wonder if we are going to send Wang to an internment camp when the Korea's start killing each other and China sides with the north and Japan and the US side with the South. Then Iran will pull some **** against Israel and WWIII is on like Donkey Kong.

Poor Wang will have his career cut short as he makes big rocks into little rocks because he's a spy!!!

yeah, my mind is wondering.

Mr. Miyagi
05-25-2010, 10:33 AM
Wonder if we are going to send Wang to an internment camp when the Korea's start killing each other and China sides with the north and Japan and the US side with the South. Then Iran will pull some **** against Israel and WWIII is on like Donkey Kong.

Poor Wang will have his career cut short as he makes big rocks into little rocks because he's a spy!!!

yeah, my mind is wondering.
I can't decide whether that was rednecky or racist. Or both.

justasportsfan
05-25-2010, 10:47 AM

Hilary should have mentioned that you fell off a plane and China would have given her a standing ovation.

trapezeus
05-25-2010, 11:08 AM
maybe hillary is trying to find us a cashladen owner who is excited to keep the team in buffalo.

Patrick76777
05-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Actually, Slick Willies father is a big Bills fan. That's why they went to a game a few years back.

Night Train
05-26-2010, 08:24 AM
What would Hillary know about Wang ?

STRONG_BAD
05-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I thought it was his mother that was the fan? Because she followed Joe Ferguson when he played for Arkansas.

jamze132
05-27-2010, 04:51 AM
Republican?

jamze132
05-27-2010, 04:52 AM
What would Hillary know about Wang ?
:rofl:

I used to have a Soldier who used to be a Marine who had duty at the White House during the Clinton administration. Lets just say, Bill wasn't so bad.