• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

OTA News: Week 1

Schedule:

Voluntary OTAs
    Tues. May 25 – Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Wed. May 26 – Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Thurs. May 27 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Tues. Jun. 1 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Wed. Jun. 2 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 3 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Voluntary minicamp
    Fri. Jun. 4 – 10:35 – 11:50 am; 3:20 – 4:50 pm
    Sat. Jun. 5 – 10:35 – 11:50 am; 3:20 – 4:50 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Sun. Jun. 6 – 10:35 – 11:50 am

Voluntary OTAs
    Tues. Jun. 8 – Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Wed. Jun. 9 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 10 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Tues. Jun. 15 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Wed. Jun. 16 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 17 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Mon. Jun. 21 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm
    Tues. Jun. 22 - Practice 12:05 – 1:35 pm

Mandatory minicampWed. Jun. 23 – 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm (Coach Gailey speaks)
    Thurs. Jun. 24 - 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm
    Fri. Jun. 25 - 10:55 am – 12:15 pm; 3:35 – 5:15 pm
  • madness
    • Apr 2003

Re: OTA News: Week 1

Lightning28 (CJ Spiller)

well ppl the kid turning the lights out got my first ota tom as bills, ill let ya'll know how it goes have a bless night say ur prayers. 21 about 10 hours ago via web

Lightning28
    Up early for fst ota, it's great weather n now i see y ppl love the summers here, well y'all have a bless day n I'll let y'all ttyl. 21 about 2 hours ago via TwitBird iPhone

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

I love it when you start these threads Madness. It's very helpful to us out of state fans, and/or fans who are at work during the practices. Thanks!
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
        I love it when you start these threads Madness. It's very helpful to us out of state fans, and/or fans who are at work during the practices. Thanks!
        Thanks, man. As long as at least a few Bills fans enjoys these threads, it's a no-brainer. I'm like an addict searching for a fix this time of season!

Comment

• madness
          • Apr 2003

Bills that are still rehabbing
          Chris Brown
          Posted May 25, 2010 – 10:57 am

There is a bunch of Bills players still unable to participate in voluntary OTAs, which begin today (Tues.) due to surgeries performed toward the end of last season for injuries or postseason surgeries. Here’s the rundown of players.

Will not participate because still rehabbing
          OT Demetrius Bell
          LB Nic Harris
          TE Derek Schouman
          OL Eric Wood
          Limited because still rehabbing
          FS Jairus Byrd
          CB Terrence McGee
          LB Kawika Mitchell
          C Geoff Hangartner
          WR Roscoe Parrish
          DT Marcus Stroud

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I like the 2 a day's at mandatory minicamp- that **** better happen during training camp too.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Be nice if Brown gave an update when he posts again of what the 1st team lineups were.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
                man amongst boys
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Be nice if Brown gave an update when he posts again of what the 1st team lineups were.
                Jamon "The Titanic" Meredith has lined up at left tackle.
                Brian THE BROHM BOMBER is getting first team reps.
                James Hardy looks like Jerry Rice out there and is starting.
                Watch out for Kirk Chambers. He is dominating in shorts and a t-shirt. Starting right guard? Today he is.

-Chris Brown
                I am The Batman.

Comment

• The Spaz
                  • Mar 2003

Marshawn Lynch and Aaron Schobel are two veteran players not attending Tuesday’s voluntary OTA session.

Lynch did tell YahooSports that he intended to report “sometime this week.”

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                    Marshawn Lynch and Aaron Schobel are two veteran players not attending Tuesday’s voluntary OTA session.

Well that's awful sweet of him to show up...eventually.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HAMMER
                      I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                      • Jul 2003

"QB Trent Edwards is working with the first unit in team drills. After several short throws -- which Edwards is known for -- he connected with WR Lee Evans on a deep ball down the right side for what would've been a 59-yard TD"

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

I saw something from yesterday about Whitner being the starting SS.

EDIT:

Whitner will be returning to his more familiar strong safety role and he’s expected to be the starter heading into OTAs
                        Last edited by wmoz11; 05-25-2010, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Lynch, Schobel update
                          Chris Brown
                          Posted May 25, 2010 – 11:21 am

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

Gailey on Marshawn
                            Chris Brown
                            Posted May 25, 2010 – 2:43 pm

Bills head coach Chan Gailey was asked specifically by the media Tuesday if he anticipated Marshawn Lynch not being in attendance for the start of voluntary OTAs.
                            Gailey indicated that he didn’t think he’d be on hand for day one.
                            “I assumed he wasn’t going to be here,” said Gailey Tuesday. ”I didn’t assume he was. So I didn’t plan on it and none of this is mandatory. We ask them to all come and participate to learn. None of it is mandatory until the last minicamp.”
                            Lynch in an interview with Yahoo Sports over the weekend said he intended to be in Buffalo, “sometime in the next week.”

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Edwards first to be first

Trent Edwards worked with the first offensive unit throughout the first day of spring practice Tuesday for the Buffalo BIlls. Edwards took the first snaps in all the sessions of the workout. Ryan Fitzpatrick followed Edwards. Brian Brohm got the third chance and rookie Levi Brown was the fourth QB in the mix. That's expected to rotate throughout the spring. Nevertheless, Edwards was the first to be first and got some more repetitions than the other QBs.
                              The first-team offensive line, from left to right, was Jamon Meredith, Andy Levitre, Geoff Hangartner, Kirk Chambers and Cornell Green. Demetrius Bell and Eric Wood were both watching on the side but both were doing some running before practrice. Wood was so eager to participate he snapped the ball to the quarterbacks in 7 on 7 drills.
                              On defense, free-agent signee Andra Davis was starting at inside linebacker with Paul Posluszny, ahead of Kawika Mitchell, who started outside last year. The three-man defensive line was Marcus Stroud, Kyle Williams and Dwan Edwards. At outside linebacker were Chris Kelsay and Aaron Maybin. Terrence McGee and Drayton Florence were the first two cornerbacks, but Leodis McKelvin, coming off injury, was mixed in with the starters. Jairus Byrd and Donte Whitner were at safety. The second-team defense included Spencer Johnson, Torell Troup and John McCargo on the line; Chris Ellis, Mitchell, Keith Ellison and Danny Batten at linebacker; and Reggie Corner, Bryan Scott, George Wilson and McKelvin at defensive back.
                              Keeping in mind that spring and training camp practice highlights can be taken with a grain of salt (Rob Johnson, Lonnie Johnson and Anthony Gray were former All-Fredonia campers), here were some highlights from 7 on 7 passing work: Edwards hit Lee Evans in perfect stride on a deep ball down the right sideline vs. Corner. Edwards also hit a good long ball to rookie Marcus Easley vs. Corner. Corner had a pickoff on hitch-pattern thrown by Fitzpatrick. James Hardy ran a nice out pattern on a catch on time from Edwards. Levi Brown hit a deep throw to Easley over the outside shoulder. Good pass. Easley, the fourth-round pick from Connecticut, is 6-2, 207 pounds. He looks a little thicker in the upper body than one would expect from a rookie.
                              ---Mark Gaughan
                              Last edited by madness; 05-25-2010, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X