Thanks spaz.

Gee Lynch. Off to a brilliant start.

THRILLHO
05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
Didnt you read his commitment?

"I will return to beast mode. Next week."

Nighthawk
05-25-2010, 11:40 AM
The guy is a tool...he doesn't get it. Oh, and I'm sure it will be the fans fault that he gets grief for not showing up at OTA's on time.

Jaybird
05-25-2010, 11:47 AM
He said he will show next week. I don;t see a problem with him not coming today

HAMMER
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
Who cares, it's OTA, not MTA's

TacklingDummy
05-25-2010, 11:51 AM
I was told Lynch is not at OTAs today
He's probably at Taco Bell ordering the whole menu.

OpIv37
05-25-2010, 11:52 AM
He said he will show next week. I don;t see a problem with him not coming today

New HC. New OC. New offense. Different WR's. At least one new starting OL, two for the moment with Wood still being out.

And in Lynch's particular case, Spiller, Jackson and Joique Bell competing for his job, and a city/fan base that's pretty sick of his off the field antics. Plus a terrible individual season last year (not to mention a lackluster performance by the team as a whole).

If those aren't enough reasons to show up, the guy clearly doesn't care.

HAMMER
05-25-2010, 12:17 PM
The amount of offseason activities in the NFL now are ridiculous, as long as he shows up when required and performs then it is a moot point. If he doesn't perform then he gets cut, easy as that.

ChristopherWalken
05-25-2010, 12:20 PM
New HC. New OC. New offense. Different WR's. At least one new starting OL, two for the moment with Wood still being out.

And in Lynch's particular case, Spiller, Jackson and Joique Bell competing for his job, and a city/fan base that's pretty sick of his off the field antics. Plus a terrible individual season last year (not to mention a lackluster performance by the team as a whole).

I totally agree with this.

Jaybird
05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
If he shows up in good shape, down 15 pounds like he said, then he will be at full spead next week.

I understand the new system and whatnot, but it is easy for a RB to pick it up

k-oneputt
05-25-2010, 12:49 PM
He's going to be dealt anyway. Won't be on this roster come opening day.

M
05-25-2010, 01:16 PM

I would actually like all of the guys here for that same reason. New HC. New OC. New Offsense. New DC. New Defense. And guys switching positions because of the newly installed 3-4.

tampabay25690
05-25-2010, 04:01 PM
I think we were all told

Lexwhat
05-25-2010, 04:15 PM
Schobel is a no-show either.

...Not that that's surprising though.

ServoBillieves
05-25-2010, 04:22 PM
He's probably at Taco Bell ordering the whole menu.

****, we traded for Jason Peters again? Or we picked up Jamarcus Russell in FA? Dag-nabbit...

NapalmDeath
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM

First off, I agree that Lynch should be at this. However, since its it not mandatory, lets take a look at the other no show. Aaron Schobel.

Lynch is not changing positons, he is still gonna be a RB, correct? Last I knew there was no great plan to move him to QB, G or LT.

While Lynch should be at this to learn the new offense, and he should be, but Schobel on the other hand not only needs to learn a new defense but a new position as well. And he's not 24.

IMO Schobel is hurting the team by pulling a Favre more than Lynch is.

buffalobillsfan95
05-25-2010, 11:51 PM
Thugmode just out stealing 20 dolla

BillsWin
05-25-2010, 11:53 PM
I think we were all told

I made the thread before there was a link asking for verification.

BillsWin
05-25-2010, 11:58 PM
There is a story floating around that the girl Lynch "hit" with his car was actually so drunk that she was dancing in the street. According to this story, Lynch asked her to move and stopped his car. She wouldn't move, so he inched forward and she jumped into the car. Lynch drove off because she was out of the way.

Also according to this story, a police officer at the scene verified that she was not hurt as seriously as her report stated.

This side of the story is somewhere on the internet. I can't remember the website but Im sure you can google it.

As for the $20 stuff, Pat did research, as did Buffalo News. So, I have no idea why he would do that.

Not defending him at all.

I think he made mistakes and he should show up to OTAs and prove everyone wrong.

Jan Reimers
05-26-2010, 06:46 AM
As far as Lynch not showing up for the first day of OTAs, most of the comments here belong in the typical Zone category of "Making a mountain out of a mole hill."

Yeah, we'd all like to see him, and every other player, here. But there is no need to make such a big deal out of it. He has already said he will be attending most of the OTAs.

OpIv37
05-26-2010, 08:21 AM
First off, I agree that Lynch should be at this. However, since its it not mandatory, lets take a look at the other no show. Aaron Schobel.

Lynch is not changing positons, he is still gonna be a RB, correct? Last I knew there was no great plan to move him to QB, G or LT.

While Lynch should be at this to learn the new offense, and he should be, but Schobel on the other hand not only needs to learn a new defense but a new position as well. And he's not 24.

IMO Schobel is hurting the team by pulling a Favre more than Lynch is.

I agree, and at this point I hope he doesn't come back. I've never been a big fan of Schobel, and I don't see him as a good fit for the 3-4. If he showed some interest in learning the 3-4, then I'd be more willing to give him a chance. But instead, he was more intent on moving his family out of town and skipping OTA's. That doesn't sound like someone who is interested in being on the team at all, let alone learning the new D.

OpIv37
05-26-2010, 08:43 AM
As far as Lynch not showing up for the first day of OTAs, most of the comments here belong in the typical Zone category of "Making a mountain out of a mole hill."

Yeah, we'd all like to see him, and every other player, here. But there is no need to make such a big deal out of it. He has already said he will be attending most of the OTAs.

You know, every year someone (usually me) complains about players missing OTA's/camp/practice time, and every year people say it's not a big deal and the complainers are exaggerating.

Yet, every year, we suck on the field. I keep hearing over and over again about how this team has talent. Well, if they have talent, there must be some other reason why we suck. Maybe, just maybe, a lack of practice has something to do with it.

Now, I realize that there are a variety of reasons why we suck, but every since I was a kid, I've had the mantra "practice makes perfect" drilled into my head. And doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

And as long as we're on this topic, remember a previous first-round RB who chose to work out with his buddies in Miami instead of coming to Buffalo to learn a new offense? How'd that one work out?

You don't get better by not practicing. You don't overcome a learning curve by not getting in the repetitions. It's as simple as that.

Jan Reimers
05-26-2010, 09:42 AM
You know, every year someone (usually me) complains about players missing OTA's/camp/practice time, and every year people say it's not a big deal and the complainers are exaggerating.

Yet, every year, we suck on the field. I keep hearing over and over again about how this team has talent. Well, if they have talent, there must be some other reason why we suck. Maybe, just maybe, a lack of practice has something to do with it.

Now, I realize that there are a variety of reasons why we suck, but every since I was a kid, I've had the mantra "practice makes perfect" drilled into my head. And doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

And as long as we're on this topic, remember a previous first-round RB who chose to work out with his buddies in Miami instead of coming to Buffalo to learn a new offense? How'd that one work out?

You don't get better by not practicing. You don't overcome a learning curve by not getting in the repetitions. It's as simple as that.
Op, I don't disagree with you. I said I'd like him to be here, and he should be here. But I would bet our attendance level at OTAs in recent years is as good as any team's, so I tend not to put as much emphasis on it as a major factor in our suckiness as you. I just don't see Lynch missing a day or two of OTAs as the downfall of our - or his - season. We have sucked primarily because of many bigger issues - coaching, drafting, and lack of talent among them.

methos4ever
05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
And OTAs are so plentiful now, in comparison to the early to mid nineties, that even if he misses a week or two (6 Full half practices! Gasp) he's still getting in almost 700% more practice time than his predecessors.

It's not a big deal unless he misses the big stuff or is injured doing workouts on his own.

justasportsfan
05-26-2010, 10:27 AM
"practice makes perfect"

Right to a degree. Perfect practice makes perfect. Doesn't matter if you're practicing all the time if you're practicing the wrong thing and gaining bad habbits. Thats what we went through under Dick. Some guys were there all the time but it did them no good because they were taught the wrong things.

ddaryl
05-27-2010, 08:48 AM
Marshawn gets no love from me anymore.

He will have to earn every bit of respect back and not showing up to OTA's moved him in the opposite direction.. What a shame because I thought he was going to be a great RB 2 years ago

Jan Reimers
05-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Does anyone know whether he showed up at all this week?

madness
05-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Does anyone know whether he showed up at all this week?

He wasn't there Tues. or yesterday. I'd be surprised if he does show up today. Next week is more likely.