PDA

View Full Version : OTA starting offensive line

BillsWin
05-25-2010, 12:44 PM
From left to right:

Meredith, Levitre, Hangnarter, Chambers, Green

ServoBillieves
05-25-2010, 12:47 PM
Hmm... Chambers at guard is interesting. Figured it would look this way. Is Schobel there?

BillsWin
05-25-2010, 12:48 PM
Hmm... Chambers at guard is interesting. Figured it would look this way. Is Schobel there?

From what I've heard Lynch and Schobel are not in attendance.

k-oneputt
05-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Schobel is history too, one way or another.

wmoz11
05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
That line would look pretty nice with Wood healthy and a trade for Gaither. It's actually not too bad even without Gaither but just with Wood healthy.

Meredith looked pretty good for being a project.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
That line would look pretty nice with Wood healthy and a trade for Gaither. It's actually not too bad even without Gaither but just with Wood healthy.

Meredith looked pretty good for being a project.

I thought so too, he didn't look lost and scared out there like Bell. Meredith will win this job if no one else is brought in.

EDS
05-25-2010, 12:57 PM
From left to right:

If for some reason the Bills had to line it up like that during the regular season, there is no question it would be one of the worst offensive lines in football. Yuck. Thank goodness Wood at least upgrades one position.

BillsWin
05-25-2010, 01:01 PM
Meredith was projected as a second rounder by at least two websites I've visited and one said something to the effect of him not having off field issues, and he will contribute immediately.

We'll see what happens.

I'm just not comfortable with Bell.

justasportsfan
relax people. It's just an OTA's lineup it will change just like the QB line-up. Our qb line-up will consist of TE, Brohm, Fitz, Brown. Come camp it will change to ..... TE... Brohm...oh crap.

WeAreArthurMoates
If for some reason the Bills had to line it up like that during the regular season, there is no question it would be one of the worst offensive lines in football. Yuck. Thank goodness Wood at least upgrades one position.
Yet it will be much better than last year just cause of experience for Meredith, Levitre, and Wood. Wood is a little behind the 8 ball but after adjusting to a new position and hopefully some added strength, Levitre could play at a probowl level.

EDS
05-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Yet it will be much better than last year just cause of experience for Meredith, Levitre, and Wood. Wood is a little behind the 8 ball but after adjusting to a new position and hopefully some added strength, Levitre could play at a probowl level.

I hear you. It can't get any worse, right?

X-Era
05-25-2010, 04:59 PM
Bell may still be inured, I think,,and we know Wood is.

So 20% of the line may/will shift still.

Its way early.

dannyek71
05-25-2010, 05:01 PM
So glad we addressed our OL this off season.

YardRat
05-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Ugh.

Goobylal
05-25-2010, 05:09 PM
Substitute Wood for Chambers and the interior is looking pretty good. And if they don't swing a trade for Gaither, I'd have a lot more faith in Meredith getting 1st team reps all through training camp and pre-season, over what happened last year with them giving Walker the reps and then cutting him days before the season started.

Buddo
05-25-2010, 05:51 PM
Substitute Wood for Chambers and the interior is looking pretty good. And if they don't swing a trade for Gaither, I'd have a lot more faith in Meredith getting 1st team reps all through training camp and pre-season, over what happened last year with them giving Walker the reps and then cutting him days before the season started.

This also is a fair point.
I think Meredith could be the 'sleeper' all along. As I understand it, although Green Bay were prepared to match our offer for Brohm, and were a bit 'put out' when he decided to come to Buffalo, they were pretty pissed when we pinched Meredith.
That goes more so for their fans, who weren't bothered in the slightest by 'losing' Brohm, but were not happy that we got Meredith.
The longer it takes for Bell to become fully fit, the more difficult it will be for him to get back ahead of Meredith.

bflojohn
05-25-2010, 07:52 PM
Kirk Chambers was a player that got cut last year, so it would NOT suprise me if Kyle Calloway pushes Mr. Chambers right to the curb again! He (Calloway) will back-up Eric Wood this year, and with any luck become a starter when Eric Wood kicks insider to center!!GO BILLS!!

ServoBillieves
05-25-2010, 08:01 PM
So glad we addressed our OL this off season.

Ed Wang, Kyle Calloway, Cornell Green, Sean Allen.

k-oneputt
05-25-2010, 08:11 PM

Which one of these guys steps in to start this year ? Oh, I forgot Green. Who the Raiders didn't want.

Goobylal
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
This also is a fair point.
I think Meredith could be the 'sleeper' all along. As I understand it, although Green Bay were prepared to match our offer for Brohm, and were a bit 'put out' when he decided to come to Buffalo, they were pretty pissed when we pinched Meredith.
That goes more so for their fans, who weren't bothered in the slightest by 'losing' Brohm, but were not happy that we got Meredith.
The longer it takes for Bell to become fully fit, the more difficult it will be for him to get back ahead of Meredith.
There were a lot of problems with the O-line last year beyond the tackles. Wood and Levitre were rookies. Hangman was playing with a bad back for a good portion of the season. The Bills lost Butler in game 3 and had to rely on journeymen or rookies there, weakening that spot. And they cut their starting LT just days before the season started, entrusting it to a guy who had never played an NFL game before, and didn't get the starter's reps all training camp. Then they fired the OC. Those were all recipes for the disaster that was the Bills' O-line and offense last year.

billz83
05-26-2010, 01:08 AM

we had a horrible Oline and this is how they attempt to fix it..

HHURRICANE
05-26-2010, 07:41 AM
From left to right:

This is putrid. I thought we cut Chambers.

mayotm
05-26-2010, 07:59 AM
This is putrid. I thought we cut Chambers.A majority of your posts are putrid.

HHURRICANE
05-26-2010, 08:07 AM
A majority of your posts are putrid.

Dude, attack the post not the poster.

So obvioulsy you like this line?

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
You guys are such whiners.

Two years ago they spent a first and second round pick on the line and signed a starting center.

This year they signed a starting Right tackle.

I think most of us agreed that no sure fire talent was there at Selection 9 this draft and that NT was more of a concern in Round 2.

PLUS a trade could easily still be made.

STOP CRYING.

HHURRICANE
05-26-2010, 08:20 AM

Two years ago they spent a first and second round pick on the line and signed a starting center.

I think most of us agreed that no sure fire talent was there at Selection 9 this draft and that NT was more of a concern in Round 2.

STOP CRYING.

Wow. Did you watch the games last year? The offensive line was the downfall of the entire offense.

This is the same excat crap I heard last year when we jettisoned the starters on the o-line.

Thurm, now we are only one player way? Really? Great news!!!

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Wow. Did you watch the games last year? The offensive line was the downfall of the entire offense.

This is the same excat crap I heard last year when we jettisoned the starters on the o-line.

Thurm, now we are only one player way? Really? Great news!!!
I didn't say they were one player away. I just don't agree with the assesment that the line has been totally neglected. They have spent picks and money there. Will the line suck??? Very possibly especially if Wood can't play.

Can you at least see what I am saying?

justasportsfan
05-26-2010, 09:11 AM

STOP CRYING.

they are over reacting thurm. Spiller don't need no oline.

Jan Reimers
05-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Hey guys, it's the first ( I guess actually the second) day of OTAs. One of our starting interior linemen (Wood) - a potential Pro Bowler - is still injured but should be back for TC. Bell, a candidate for LT, is injured as well. We also have some promising rookies who haven't even got their feet wet.

Isn't it a little early for the *****ing/whining/gloom and doom approach?

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Plus while I completely agree the line was one of the worst I have seen last year they were completely decimated by injuries. I mean at one time they had Chambers, Scott and that Guard from the Steelers starting....

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2010, 09:18 AM
they are over reacting thurm. Spiller don't need no oline.
LOL

Bill Cody
05-26-2010, 09:18 AM
Dude, attack the post not the poster.

So obvioulsy you like this line?

Attack the post? Ok, you mispelled obviously.

Bill Cody
05-26-2010, 09:20 AM
Isn't it a little early for the *****ing/whining/gloom and doom approach?

Jan I think you've been around here way too long to ask that question.

k-oneputt
05-26-2010, 09:22 AM
The facts are they still have a big question mark at left tackle and a has been that the Raiders didn't even want starting at right tackle. That's a problem.

Jan Reimers
05-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Jan I think you've been around here way too long to ask that question.
Yeah, but I just keep hoping...

WeAreArthurMoates
05-26-2010, 09:56 AM
The facts are they still have a big question mark at left tackle and a has been that the Raiders didn't even want starting at right tackle. That's a problem.

Yet the Raiders starting RT is a has been that even we didn't want.

Lone Stranger
05-26-2010, 10:34 AM
Ugh, also.

k-oneputt
05-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Yet the Raiders starting RT is a has been that even we didn't want.

Which certainly doesn't solve our problem.

We our hoping one of the young three {Bell, Meridith, Wang} comes through on the left side. And a 30+ has been right tackle who probably will end up injured. That is not good.