PDA

View Full Version : It really makes you wonder who chaotic our offensive situation was

BillsWin
05-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Under Jauron. Opposing defenses made fun of us in public and both Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick say they're relieved to only have one voice talking to them. Or one person to answer to.

Ryan Fitzpatrick-
"First off, when Chan [Gailey] came in, that’s what he had said and we got to it right away. He’s the guy, there’s one voice, he’s the guy that’s telling everybody this is what we’re doing and this is how I want it done. And I think a lot of guys have been receptive to that because we all know what’s going on every play, we all know the focus and what we’re trying to accomplish. "

Everything we've been hearing since Jauron was fired has been laughable.

Maybe three straight years of 7-9 was over achieving under these circumstances.

Maybe with a real coaching staff the team can start to grow. We may suck this season with scheme changes, but I can see us improving now. Instead of just running in circles.

cpearl
05-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I remember Sean Payton's statement about how we wouldn't have scored on them that game. He was right. We were god-awful.

mikemac2001
05-26-2010, 01:28 PM
main reason trent has one last chance in my book

jauron and company was a **** show

OpIv37
05-26-2010, 01:43 PM
For the record, I hated the Jauron hiring from Day 1 and I said that in 3-4 years we'd be in the exact same situation because it was such a bad choice.

I got trashed for it on this board too. But here we are....

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2010, 03:22 PM
For the record, I hated the Jauron hiring from Day 1 and I said that in 3-4 years we'd be in the exact same situation because it was such a bad choice.

I don't think this was much of a leap man. I don't remember anyone being big on the Jauron hiring. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I wanted him gone after throwing a hail mary in that Tennesee game rather than trying a field goal.

OpIv37
05-26-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't think this was much of a leap man. I don't remember anyone being big on the Jauron hiring. I gave him the benefit of the doubt but I wanted him gone after throwing a hail mary in that Tennesee game rather than trying a field goal.

Go back and look it up. I trashed the Jauron hiring from day one and I specifically said that in 3-4 years we 'd be starting another rebuilding cycle. and I got a million replies of "Well Bellicheck sucked in Cleveland then won multiple SB's with the Pats, so Jauron can do it too!" and "Jauron had a 12-4 season- it was the owner that held him back in Chicago!"

Honestly I really didn't think it was much of a leap either, but based on the reaction I got on this board, you would have thought I had said "Adolf Hitler was the greatest man in history since Judas Iscariot."

THATHURMANATOR
05-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Go back and look it up. I trashed the Jauron hiring from day one and I specifically said that in 3-4 years we 'd be starting another rebuilding cycle. and I got a million replies of "Well Bellicheck sucked in Cleveland then won multiple SB's with the Pats, so Jauron can do it too!" and "Jauron had a 12-4 season- it was the owner that held him back in Chicago!"

Honestly I really didn't think it was much of a leap either, but based on the reaction I got on this board, you would have thought I had said "Adolf Hitler was the greatest man in history since Judas Iscariot."
No

malvado78
05-26-2010, 03:58 PM

This is called optimism. Or "I don't want my team to suck for the next 4 years."

OP I know you have no idea what optimism is.

If you want a pat on the back here you are. -pat- -pat-

You are the man.
:respect:

YardRat
05-26-2010, 05:34 PM

Op hating on anything and everything the Bills do isn't much of a leap either.

PromoTheRobot
05-26-2010, 06:13 PM

To be honest you hate everything the Bills do.

PTR

Nighthawk
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM

You didn't hear it from me...as I'm sure everybody on this board can confirm, I could not stand Dickey from the first day he stepped into WNY. The guy was a joke who never accomplished anything in his coaching career. Gailey has proven he can win and produce effective offenses...that alone puts him miles ahead of Jauron.

Philagape
05-26-2010, 06:27 PM
I would say the majority of this board was not happy when Dick was hired.

djjimkelly
05-26-2010, 06:48 PM
main reason trent has one last chance in my book

jauron and company was a **** show

i know jp is gone but it was all jos fault and edwards was saddled with jauron. edwards is not good he was the epidemy of jauron.

screw all the qbs except brohm.

Captain Obvious
05-26-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't think this was much of a leap man. I don't remember anyone being big on the Jauron hiring.

Interesting dichotomy Thurmie.. You weren't big on Jaurons hiring and didn't have faith in him yet you believed he could lead the team to 10 win seasons every year

OpIv37
05-26-2010, 08:53 PM
This is called optimism. Or "I don't want my team to suck for the next 4 years."

OP I know you have no idea what optimism is.

If you want a pat on the back here you are. -pat- -pat-

You are the man.
:respect:

I don't want a pat on the back. I just want people on here to understand that their optimism is based on what they want and not based on reality, whereas what they call my "pessimism" is far closer to reality. I don't know why people on here have such a hard time accepting the fact that the team sucks. I don't like it any more than the optimists, but there is no point in denying reality.

Goobylal
05-26-2010, 09:01 PM
I thought Jauron wasn't as bad as his Bears record indicated AND that he'd learn from his past mistakes, especially WRT the offense. I was also on-board with the Tampa-2. Then I began to realize he wanted his offenses as simplistic as possible, and that the Tampa-2 was being phased-out league-wide.

As for last year, things could NOT have gone worse for the Bills on offense, although a lot of it was their own doing. Starting with Peters being traded (although it may have been a mixed blessing), Lynch getting suspended and coming into camp/season out of shape, Walker getting cut days before the opener and a virtual rookie who hadn't taking starting snaps becoming the starter at LT, Schonert getting fired at the same time and being replaced by a rookie OC who wasn't ready, having up to 3 rookies starting on the O-line at any given time, Hangartner playing with a bad back, to the injuries that knocked players out for good portions of the season on the O-line.

I think it's safe to say that the offense will be an NFL-caliber offense, at least in scheme. I also think it's safe to say that the LT and OC won't be cut days before the season starts, and at-best there may be one rookie (Wang) starting on the O-line. I only wish they had TO back because they don't have a proven #2 WR...yet.

billz83
05-27-2010, 03:14 AM
Jauron was a horrible coach..it took way too long to fire him! most of the players have been jauronized..they must break that habit!

ddaryl
05-27-2010, 07:38 AM
I trusted Marv to make a good chocie...

that didn't work out... I wasn't going to run into doom and gloom mode right away. I figured there was nothing in this entire world we could do to change it might as wel roll with it and hope for the best.

more cowbell
05-27-2010, 11:36 AM
Marv Levy set this team back 5 years.

He hired Jauron

After gutting most of the Mularkey roster of guys like Moulds, Adams, McGahee, Spikes, and Fletcher he went out and brought in...

Robert Royal
Larry Tripplett
Andre Davis (the WR)

and drafted these losers in the 1st round

(2006)
Donte Whitner
John McCargo

(2007)
Marshawn Lynch

I know Levy was a great coach, but he might be the worst GM this team has ever seen (aside from Russ Brandon who everyone knows was a completely sick joke) . He certainly deserves a boat load of the blame for this team failing year after year in the past five seasons.

psubills62
05-27-2010, 11:42 AM
I sincerely believe that Jauron was a horrible coach and his staff did almost nothing good for this team.

That being said, every time a coach has left the Bills, he gets blamed for the lack of success. It happened with Fairchild, Schonert, and now Jauron, Van Pelt, etc.

I'm optimistic, but in terms of thinking the attitude and atmosphere is completely different with these coaches, I'm not going to get too excited until we see results on the field.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2010, 03:58 PM
When you have guys at QB who shouldn't even be in the league, that's all you need to know as to why the offense was so pathetic.

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 04:39 PM
When you have guys at QB who shouldn't even be in the league, that's all you need to know as to why the offense was so pathetic.
Dick anointed Trent. It was all his fault. Check out his offenses as a HC even when he had full power to make decisions at chicago. His O's sucked no matter where he went. .His offense sucked at buffalo. Don't like facts? Thats because they prove that your opinion of him is wrong.

Buddo
05-27-2010, 05:45 PM
I sincerely believe that Jauron was a horrible coach and his staff did almost nothing good for this team.

That being said, every time a coach has left the Bills, he gets blamed for the lack of success. It happened with Fairchild, Schonert, and now Jauron, Van Pelt, etc.

I'm optimistic, but in terms of thinking the attitude and atmosphere is completely different with these coaches, I'm not going to get too excited until we see results on the field.

I'm afraid that the reality for Fairchild and Schonert, was that they had their hands tied very firmly by Jauron. Fairchild in particular, probably got a lot more flak than he deserved, mainly due to the perceived 'falling out' with JP, who was hoped to be a viable QB after his 2007 season. Fairchild probably knew that he wouldn't be, but because of the highly favoured 'bomb' once in a while, got slated on the back of Losmans failings. Schonert was a fall guy, plain and simple, and Van Pelt was dealt the ultimate in losing hands from the beginning.

better days
05-27-2010, 06:01 PM
I'm afraid that the reality for Fairchild and Schonert, was that they had their hands tied very firmly by Jauron. Fairchild in particular, probably got a lot more flak than he deserved, mainly due to the perceived 'falling out' with JP, who was hoped to be a viable QB after his 2007 season. Fairchild probably knew that he wouldn't be, but because of the highly favoured 'bomb' once in a while, got slated on the back of Losmans failings. Schonert was a fall guy, plain and simple, and Van Pelt was dealt the ultimate in losing hands from the beginning.

I think the more likely senerio is that Jauron fell in love with Trent Edwards check down, play not to lose mentality & had Fairchild adjust his offense in 07 to suit Trents strengths.