PDA

View Full Version : Bell under pressure to prove Bills right

madness
05-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Bell under pressure to prove Bills right (http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/13964/bell-under-pressure-to-prove-bills-right)
Yeah, Demetrius Bell felt the pressure. He had no choice. It engulfed him when he emerged from the tunnel at Ralph Wilson Stadium, and even more when he was in another team's stadium. The boos were so loud he could feel their percussion, both home and away. He knew the coaches pacing the sideline and his teammates in the huddle were especially counting on him.
http://www.billszone.com/mt/images/newsicons/bills.gif ESPN/Tim Graham | Posted at 11:59 AM

TacklingDummy
05-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Being a 7th round draft pick Bell doesn't have to prove anything. It's a good assumption that he wasn't going to amount to much.

Now Maybin on the other hand has alot to prove.

more cowbell
05-27-2010, 11:40 AM
Being a 7th round draft pick Bell doesn't have to prove anything. It's a good assumption that he wasn't going to amount to much.

Now Maybin on the other hand has alot to prove.

agreed. it would be a nice suprise is bell was somehow a legit starter, but thats probally not going to happen.

Now "Aaron Maybe" has a lot to prove, being a top 15 pick and not doing a damn thing in his rookie year.

madness
05-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Don't count out Bell just yet. He was a 7th rounder because he came from a small school and didn't have much experience playing football. He did play basketball though and is very light on his feet. If he get's the instruction needed as well as some more experience, he could very well become a legit starter. It's all going to come down to coaching.

psubills62
05-27-2010, 12:01 PM
Don't count out Bell just yet. He was a 7th rounder because he came from a small school and didn't have much experience playing football. He did play basketball though and is very light on his feet. If he get's the instruction needed as well as some more experience, he could very well become a legit starter. It's all going to come down to coaching.

As Tim Graham's entry states, even the Scouts, Inc. guys who know that he was terrible last year say that he has plenty of upside to be a good LT. A lot of it depends on the coaching that he'll be getting.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Meredith will beat out Bell for the job and I have no problem with this.

billz83
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
exactly since he was a 7th rounder we dont expect him to be that superstar LT..it would obviously be reallll nice if thas what happens..but like most of u have said including me..Maybin has a A LOT to prove..he had a BUST of a season his rookie year..i dont know if it was all him or the ******ed coaching staff had suttin to do with it but he DEFINITELY needs to prove sumthing.

Johnny Bugmenot
05-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Which is exactly why he's the wrong choice for LT right now. He won't be ready to start at this level for at least two or three more years, if ever, and they need someone with a higher pedigree until that happens. Unfortunately, the Bills have made it clear that they think I, and anyone else who believes that, are full of crap.

Night Train
05-27-2010, 07:16 PM
I look at him and Meredith being the best candidates. I haven't forgotten how good Meredith looked in his brief time. Great feet and kept the arms extended. Bell & Meredith have something to work with.