PDA

View Full Version : Whitner says Jauron Bills were soft

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
Whitner is running his mouth again.. I didnt hear him say this personally today, but he told Nick Mendola that the Bills were "soft" under Jauron.

Boy,I cant wait to the day comes when/if he starts to make more plays than headlines and/or quotes for the press to feed on.

http://www.nickmendola.com/

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 01:34 PM
we already knew that. We never had a healthy line-up under Club Jauron. Jauron wanted our players to be like him ,a limp Dick.

BillsWin
05-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Whitner is running his mouth again.. I didnt hear him say this personally today, but he told Nick Mendola that the Bills were "soft" under Jauron.

Boy,I cant wait to the day comes when/if he starts to make more plays than headlines and/or quotes for the press to feed on.

http://www.nickmendola.com/

Sorry Pat, but do you really disagree with him?

Why take a shot at Whitner when he is actually speaking the truth?

Every single fan on here knows that the Bills were extremely soft under Jauron. Now that he's not their boss, players are coming out and saying just how bad it was. Whether it's Edwards, Fitzpatrick or Whitner.

Whitner may be "running his mouth again" but is he really far off with his statements?

Maybe if we put away the Whitner-flavored haterade for a few minutes we could actually begin to open our eyes to how ridiculously pathetic the Jauron era was.

I have no problem with Whitner calling them soft under Jauron. I'm glad someone said it. It almost needed to be put out there so we can move on.

Forward_Lateral
05-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Trade Whitner to wherever Dick is D.C. now.

madness
05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Of course he realizes they were soft under Jauron. Now Chan is workin' those boys harder than a preacher's ***** in a calf's ass.

FlyingDutchman
05-27-2010, 01:50 PM
earth to Whitner...YOURE SOFT

TrueBillsFan
05-27-2010, 01:52 PM
earth to Whitner...YOURE SOFT

Hes not soft?

wmoz11
05-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Running his mouth? Because he answered a question honestly?

“Well, you know I don’t want to ruffle any feathers but I would say, ‘Yes.’ And I really feel like that. Looking at the way that we work now and the way that we worked as a group collectively before, yes. Totally, yes.”

I won't ever understand why so many Bills fans hate Bills players.

The Spaz
05-27-2010, 01:55 PM
He speaks the truth....BFD.

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 02:01 PM

I agree . A reporter shouldn't be blasting a player for answering something a reporter asked him.

Pinkerton Security
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
because they were.

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:12 PM
I agree . A reporter shouldn't be blasting a player for answering something a reporter asked him.
I didn't ask him that.

And for four years he's been in the news more times than he's made a play on the field.

And Im entitled to an opinion-- and whether its opinion is right or wrong, I think it's time for him to stop talking all together and let his play do some talking.

sdbillsfan2
We all knew this already...... What I want to know is :

Why don't these guys grow some balls and say this things when while it's going down? It all boils down to money and job security I'm sure.
I just wish they'd call out the other guy when the problem is there ,not after the fact when the guy is gone.
Guys should have been calling out the coaching for years now.

patmoran2006
Sorry Pat, but do you really disagree with him?

Every single fan on here knows that the Bills were extremely soft under Jauron. Now that he's not their boss, players are coming out and saying just how bad it was. Whether it's Edwards, Fitzpatrick or Whitner.

Whitner may be "running his mouth again" but is he really far off with his statements?

Maybe if we put away the Whitner-flavored haterade for a few minutes we could actually begin to open our eyes to how ridiculously pathetic the Jauron era was.

I have no problem with Whitner calling them soft under Jauron. I'm glad someone said it. It almost needed to be put out there so we can move on.

Dont blame Dick Jauron for Donte Whitner being a dime a dozen safety in this league for four years running.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Running his mouth? Because he answered a question honestly?

I won't ever understand why so many Bills fans hate Bills players.

Because some Bills players hold the team back rather than helping the team win. The team is more important than the individual players.

On one hand, I see some truth in what Whitner is speaking here, and I always thought the team was soft under Jauron. On the other hand, Whitner really isn't in a position to accuse anyone else of being soft.

BillsWin
05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Dont blame Dick Jauron for Donte Whitner being a dime a dozen safety in this league for four years running.

I blame Dick Jauron for making this team soft. As evident by my original post. Whitner may be average, but his statement to Mendola was dead accurate.

Mad Bomber
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
They were soft. Look at the number of people we had going on IR during the Jauron error.

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
I didn't ask him that.

And for four years he's been in the news more times than he's made a play on the field.

And Im entitled to an opinion-- and whether its opinion is right or wrong, I think it's time for him to stop talking all together and let his play do some talking.

It doesn't matter if you didn't ask him that. You're supposed to be a reporter or are you making that opinion as a blogger?

I agree you have your opinion but don't be surprised when people blast your write ups here. No one knows what you're trying to portray yourself as, reporter, writer, journalist, poster, blogger.

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
I blame Dick Jauron for making this team soft. As evident by my original post. Whitner may be average, but his statement to Mendola was dead accurate.
Well it may be.. But soft or not, Byrd had no problem doing more in a half season than Whitner has in four years.. George Wilson or that matter too.

My point is.. Whitner is great for a quote. How about making a few great plays now.

Leave the talking to the guys who have proved something. Let Lee Evans or Aaron Schobel or Fred Jackson say Jauron's team was soft, and I'm fine with it.

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:18 PM
It doesn't matter if you didn't ask him that. You're supposed to be a reporter or are you making that opinion as a blogger?

I agree you have your opinion but don't be surprised when people blast your write ups here. No one knows what you're trying to portray yourself as, reporter, writer, journalist, poster, blogger.

I didn't write up anything.. I posted a link on Billszone.. If I was writing it, I'd be forced to be a little objective. But I didnt', so I"m not.

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
Whitner was talking about being soft. I also think when he said the bills were soft, it includes him.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM

I'm right there with ya.

wmoz11
05-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I didn't ask him that.

So he shouldn't answer questions that are asked to him? He should just sit in his locker and stare and ignore the reporters?

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 02:21 PM
I didn't write up anything.. I posted a link on Billszone.. If I was writing it, I'd be forced to be a little objective. But I didnt', so I"m not.

justa's a good guy, but everything is black or white with him. You're either an opinionated blogger, or an objective reporter. There's no middle ground.

hydro
05-27-2010, 02:22 PM

Why don't these guys grow some balls and say this things when while it's going down? It all boils down to money and job security I'm sure.
I just wish they'd call out the other guy when the problem is there ,not after the fact when the guy is gone.

Generally you will only get that out of a superstar player. We don't have one.

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 02:25 PM
I didn't write up anything... I was talking about the past where whatever you've reported or said were blasted.

I posted a link on Billszone.. If I was writing it, I'd be forced to be a little objective. But I didnt', so I"m not...

As a writer or a journalist , you shouldn't go blasting players for answering something that he was simply asked to answer. Otherwise they should just keep their mouth shut whenever people like you show up to ask them anything.

Jaybird
05-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Whitner did start playing better ball after Dick was gone.

sdbillsfan2
05-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Generally you will only get that out of a superstar player. We don't have one.

Agreed ! but it would be nice to know someone has dedication enough for the team to put it first! Point taken !

ddaryl
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
9 outta 10 Bills fans thinks Whitner is soft.

1 outta 10 Bills fans thinks Whitner is a type of bleach

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:28 PM
I was talking about the past where whatever you've reported or said were blasted.

As a writer or a journalist , you shouldn't go blasting players for answering something that he was simply asked to answer. Otherwise they should just keep their mouth shut whenever people like you show up to ask them anything.

MY assertion is if he's going to answer questions, he shouldn't say things that will get him quoted and headlined in the newspaper. Did Lee Evans or Paul Posluszny blast off on Jauron? If they did, it would carry much more cred.

better days
05-27-2010, 02:29 PM

JP Losman was about the only player to call Dick out while he was here, & many Bills fans laid into him for doing so.

I heard JP talk to John Clayton recently, & he said being yoyoed in & out of the lineup, having to worry if a mistake would cause him to be benched, really affected him & caused him to lose his confidence.

Prov401
05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Because some Bills players hold the team back rather than helping the team win. The team is more important than the individual players.

On one hand, I see some truth in what Whitner is speaking here, and I always thought the team was soft under Jauron. On the other hand, Whitner really isn't in a position to accuse anyone else of being soft.

What are you talking about? Whitner is one of the hardest hitters on the team, and one of the most durable safeties in the NFL. Soft? No.

DesertFox24
05-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Pat sorry man I usually agree with you, but blasting Whitner on this is pretty bad. Yeah the guy talks a lot, but you have not blasted Edwards, Fitz, Brohm, Jackson, or Evans for similar comments.

Also everyone of knows this team was soft, I am glad to know the players know they were soft and hopefully will not be soft next year.

When our D was on the field and we needed a stop I never thought we would get that stop, or convert 3rd and shorts with our run game because we were soft.

ddaryl
05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
I heard JP talk to John Clayton recently, & he said being yoyoed in & out of the lineup, having to worry if a mistake would cause him to be benched, really affected him & caused him to lose his confidence.

There is a lot to be said about continuity and letting a player develope. Unfortunately the HC's we have had since Phillips have been so incapable of devleoping a consistent team around the QB that the QB position is constantly being shuffled and reshuffled to make up for the obvious falicies of our O in general the last 10 years :shelby:

Hopefully Gailey can right this part of our ship.

ddaryl
05-27-2010, 02:34 PM
What are you talking about? Whitner is one of the hardest hitters on the team, and one of the most durable safeties in the NFL. Soft? No.

He doesn't demostrate any of those abilities with any sort of consistency

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
MY assertion is if he's going to answer questions, he shouldn't say things that will get him quoted and headlined in the newspaper. Did Lee Evans or Paul Posluszny blast off on Jauron? If they did, it would carry much more cred.

Whitner was there too just like Lee and Poz. Besides why POZ carry more cred? What has he done anyways? He's just as soft as anyone on this team.

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:35 PM
Pat sorry man I usually agree with you, but blasting Whitner on this is pretty bad. Yeah the guy talks a lot, but you have not blasted Edwards, Fitz, Brohm, Jackson, or Evans for similar comments.

Also everyone of knows this team was soft, I am glad to know the players know they were soft and hopefully will not be soft next year.

When our D was on the field and we needed a stop I never thought we would get that stop, or convert 3rd and shorts with our run game because we were soft.

Jackson and Evans carry the cred to sound off on Jauron if they like, though I've yet to hear them do so (maybe they have tho)

IMO, WHitner doesnt have the cred to deserve to blast off on anyone but himself.

Beebe's Kid
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Well it may be.. But soft or not, Byrd had no problem doing more in a half season than Whitner has in four years.. George Wilson or that matter too.

My point is.. Whitner is great for a quote. How about making a few great plays now.

Leave the talking to the guys who have proved something. Let Lee Evans or Aaron Schobel or Fred Jackson say Jauron's team was soft, and I'm fine with it.

Wrong. I like Byrd, who doesn't, but you are confusing their roles. Byrd never had to play up to help a weak-ass line...Whitner did. Whitner was not a detriment to our team on the field, and his constant jawing may have been an effort to actually get somebody motivated here.

People's hate for Whitner's draft position is unreal. Get the **** over it. He is a good safety, and a good player to have on your team.

Schobel gets way too much credit...Whitner had to stop the run, because Schobel sure as **** wasn't going to do it. He only every said one thing, and that was the week before Dickie got canned.

The hard-ons for Whitner are getting a little played out.

Prov401
05-27-2010, 02:39 PM

Why would it carry much more cred? You just named two mediocre players who haven't done squat in the NFL. Poz is average, and always getting injured. And Evans is good, not great. You can bring up the QB carousel all you want with Evans, but fact remains he has not played like a first round pick. Whitner hasn't either, however, he has had more tackles (311) over the past 4 years than any safety in the NFL, which implies a few things. One: He can tackle, hence not soft. Two: Our D-Line/LB's (your boy Poz) have been horrific. People here blast Whitner because everybody's hero Marv, drafted him too high. Well blast Marv for it. Whitner is a good NFL safety, and IMO, will be phenominal in the 3-4, especially if he doesn't have to worry about our line playing the role of Paris Hilton's va-jj, and letting anybody and everybody through. If Whitner was on Baltimore he would be a Pro Bowler.

djjimkelly
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM

enough putting jackson in any class he will be lucky to see the field this year

Prov401
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
He doesn't demostrate any of those abilities with any sort of consistency

So.............How does that make him soft? Soft to me is Freddie Mitchell. Someone who doesn't give it his all on every play. Whitner is one of the proudest members of the Buffalo Bills, and goes hard each and every play. I don't care if he's inconsistent or not. He is not soft.

dasaybz
05-27-2010, 02:45 PM
Whitner is such a good safety that he couldn't even beat out a converted WR last year.

The dude is garbage, and he needs to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut this year.

djjimkelly
05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
JP Losman was about the only player to call Dick out while he was here, & many Bills fans laid into him for doing so.

wait we should blame JP for everything even last year when he wasnt on the roster.

it is truly a shame JP was never put even close into a position to succeed here

Prov401
05-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Whitner is such a good safety that he couldn't even beat out a converted WR last year.

The dude is garbage, and he needs to go. I wouldn't be surprised if he was cut this year.

Silly boy.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 02:55 PM

what hard hits? He had ONE hard hit against Chad Johnson 3 YEARS AGO. I can think of at least two occasions where he got pulverized trying to tackle big running backs. Whitner is NOT a hard-hitter. That is a reputation he had from college that he has NEVER lived up to in the NFL.

And how do you figure he's durable? He's missed games in every season he's played, including 6 last year and 3 the year before that.

mayotm
05-27-2010, 02:56 PM
A thread bashing Whitner. Nice to see something new and refreshing.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 02:57 PM
A thread bashing Whitner. Nice to see something new and refreshing.

he's the one who runs his mouth while being average on the field. When he shuts up or when he starts living up to his mouth, the bashing will stop.

mayotm
05-27-2010, 03:00 PM
he's the one who runs his mouth while being average on the field. When he shuts up or when he starts living up to his mouth, the bashing will stop.I wasn't debating whether or not he runs his mouth too much. Nor was I debating his worth as a player. Its just that this same thread gets started several times a week.

Nighthawk
05-27-2010, 03:05 PM
I didn't ask him that.

No, if he is speaking the truth, then it's just fine...

Prov401
05-27-2010, 03:06 PM
what hard hits? He had ONE hard hit against Chad Johnson 3 YEARS AGO. I can think of at least two occasions where he got pulverized trying to tackle big running backs. Whitner is NOT a hard-hitter. That is a reputation he had from college that he has NEVER lived up to in the NFL.

And how do you figure he's durable? He's missed games in every season he's played, including 6 last year and 3 the year before that.

First off, he's missed 10 games the last 4 years. Polamalu has missed 19 the past 4 years. So, comparing Whitner to the best safety in the NFL, he's been more durable than he has.

Secondly, you can think of 2 occasions? Really? 2 out of a possible, I don't know, roughly 2,500 plays Whitner has participated in throughout his 4 years. Yea, definitely constitutes as him being a soft player.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 03:08 PM
First off, he's missed 10 games the last 4 years. Polamalu has missed 19 the past 4 years. So, comparing Whitner the the best safety in the NFL, he's been more durable than he has.

Secondly, you can think of 2 occasions? Really? 2 out of a possible, I don't know, roughly 2,500 plays Whitner has participated in throughout his 4 years. Yea, definitely constitutes as him being a soft player.

First, that's 2 that I can think of off hand- there are most likely more.

Second, it should NEVER happen to a safety who is a "hard hitter." NEVER. The guy is absolutely NOT a hard hitter. I have to wonder if people who say this even watch Bills games.

And finally, Whitner has missed 9 games the past 2 years. Polamalu has missed 11. It's really not that much difference when you look at more recent history.

Prov401
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
First, that's 2 that I can think of off hand- there are most likely more.

Second, it should NEVER happen to a safety who is a "hard hitter." NEVER. The guy is absolutely NOT a hard hitter. I have to wonder if people who say this even watch Bills games.

And finally, Whitner has missed 9 games the past 2 years. Polamalu has missed 11. It's really not that much difference when you look at more recent history.

Oh, most likely huh?

Yea, because Eddie Goerge didn't once truck the hard hitting Ray Lewis out of bounds...Shoot, that's NEVER supposed to happen!! OMG, call the law of physics up, Ray Lewis got trucked. Something must be wrong with the world!... Case closed on that one.

You've made no point with the durability issue with your last paragraph.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 03:18 PM
Oh, most likely huh?

Yea, because Eddie Goerge didn't once truck the hard hitting Ray Lewis out of bounds...Shoot, that's NEVER supposed to happen!! OMG, call the law of physics up, Ray Lewis got trucked. Something must be wrong with the world!... Case closed on that one.

You've made no point with the durability issue with your last paragraph.

hahahaha- over the last 2 seasons, Whitner's only played in 2 more games than Polamalu- but hey, that proves you wrong, so it doesn't count!

Whitner has delivered one hard hit- on Chad Johnson. He's been trucked at least twice. But go ahead and call him a "hard hitter" because that's what some pre-draft publications said 5 years ago. It makes you seem like a knowledgeable fan who actually watches the games. :snicker:

Prov401
05-27-2010, 03:25 PM
hahahaha- over the last 2 seasons, Whitner's only played in 2 more games than Polamalu- but hey, that proves you wrong, so it doesn't count!

Whitner has delivered one hard hit- on Chad Johnson. He's been trucked at least twice. But go ahead and call him a "hard hitter" because that's what some pre-draft publications said 5 years ago. It makes you seem like a knowledgeable fan who actually watches the games. :snicker:

How does it prove me wrong? It proves that Donte is just as durable as the best safety in the leauge there pal. So, it proves me right. No sense there.

And as I've said. He's been trucked twice....OMG!.. lol. Twice, really? Twice. Your silly.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 03:32 PM
How does it prove me wrong? It proves that Donte is just as durable as the best safety in the leauge there pal. So, it proves me right. No sense there.

And as I've said. He's been trucked twice....OMG!.. lol. Twice, really? Twice. Your silly.

you're confusing two concepts- "best" and "durable". Most people would agree that Polamalu is the best in the league. No one would agree that he's durable. So, using Polamalu as a benchmark for durability is just stupid. The only reason you're doing it is because it's the only stat where Whitner is even REMOTELY comparable to Polamalu. It's horrendous logic. Don't make me compare the rest of Whitner's stats to Polamalu's because it will show just how absurd your comparison really is.

You dismiss the fact that he's only been trucked twice, yet you continue to call him a "hard hitter" despite the fact that he's only delivered ONE hard hit in 4 years in the NFL. Hmmmm...... do I detect a hint of bias there?

tampabay25690
05-27-2010, 03:44 PM

I really don't think Whitner is the problem on this team at all.....
He is a steady player not GREAT but not BAD at all......

Jauron and the way this team has been ran was the problem....
Training camp was 1 of the softest in all the NFL.....

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
I really don't think Whitner is the problem on this team at all.....
He is a steady player not GREAT but not BAD at all......

Jauron and the way this team has been ran was the problem....
Training camp was 1 of the softest in all the NFL.....

When a player is picked #8 overall and is merely a steady player, the team is going to suck. Whitner can't control where he was picked, but he can improve his performance and he can stop running his mouth.

Whitner is one of the problems with this team- a guy who never lived up to his potential or draft status. However, in the long run, he's one of the more minor problems- as you said, Jauron was a much larger one.

ddaryl
05-27-2010, 03:48 PM
enough putting jackson in any class he will be lucky to see the field this year

What ???

Jackson will get plenty of touches this year. I guarentee that.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2010, 03:53 PM
When you can make any contribution on the field...then you can run your mouth.

Until then, Donte, keep your ever flapping gums shut.

Prov401
05-27-2010, 04:05 PM
you're confusing two concepts- "best" and "durable". Most people would agree that Polamalu is the best in the league. No one would agree that he's durable. So, using Polamalu as a benchmark for durability is just stupid. The only reason you're doing it is because it's the only stat where Whitner is even REMOTELY comparable to Polamalu. It's horrendous logic. Don't make me compare the rest of Whitner's stats to Polamalu's because it will show just how absurd your comparison really is.

You dismiss the fact that he's only been trucked twice, yet you continue to call him a "hard hitter" despite the fact that he's only delivered ONE hard hit in 4 years in the NFL. Hmmmm...... do I detect a hint of bias there?

I'm not biased what so ever when it comes to Whitner. I'm realistic. 90% of the people on this board trash him because of 2 reasons. One: Marv was dumb enough to draft him at number 8. Two: He gaurenteed a playoff birth a few years back, and well, looked stupid because of it. If your seriously going to sit there and try to convince me Whitner sucks, your going to be sitting there for a long time, without prevailing. Last year ESPN ranked every teams starting safety from 1-32...Donte was number 9. And the article has been brought up on here a few times, so I'm not going to bother providing a link. So, I guess I have expert opinions on my side, right?

Whitner has never been able to be a safety, becuase he's always got to worry about our run defense. If he was able to fly around like Ed Reed, and strictly play his position instead of trying to be Superman, than he would be a stellar player in this leauge. I guess 'hard hits' to you, mean taking somebody's head off each and every play. To me, hard hits mean stern, stopped in your tracks, solo tackles. Your saying he got trucked twice. WOW! As I've said, so hasn't Ray Lewis. You act like it just shouldn't happen, or it can't happen. Never is a rediculous word to use.

Once again I'm going to say, I beleive Donte has his best year yet, playing without pee wee coaches and a powder puff training camp, in the 3-4.

billz83
05-27-2010, 04:10 PM
soft is an understatement! they played like a buncha panziez..

tat2dmike77
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
SPAM

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 05:20 PM
boy does this sound completely different. Now I know he said nothing wrong .

“Even if we thought we were working hard before, it’s a lot harder now,” said Whitner. ”So it’s almost like a welcome to the NFL type of thing. The weight room its totally different thing from the way we lift, the style of lifting, the things we do, the running. It’s almost going back to college knowing how hard you work and running the gassers. That’s what it’s going to take for us to win everybody in top peak shape. We’ve been in the top 3 the past couple of year in injuries. That should help us, so I think we’ll be pretty good.”

When specifically asked by a media member if the camps under the previous coaching regime were too easy Whitner was of the opinion that they were.

“I don’t want to ruffle any feathers, but I would say yes,” he said. ”I really feel like that, now looking at the way we work now and the way we worked collectively before yes, totally yes.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/05/27/whitner-up-front-about-conditioning/

T-Long
05-27-2010, 06:26 PM
Trade Whitner to wherever Dick is D.C. now.
Jauron a coordinator? Never will happen again. He coaches DBs now with the Eagles.

TacklingDummy
05-27-2010, 06:40 PM
The Bills might have been "soft" but that's funny to hear coming from that creme puff.

tampabay25690
05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
When a player is picked #8 overall and is merely a steady player, the team is going to suck. Whitner can't control where he was picked, but he can improve his performance and he can stop running his mouth.

Whitner is one of the problems with this team- a guy who never lived up to his potential or draft status. However, in the long run, he's one of the more minor problems- as you said, Jauron was a much larger one.

COME ON do all top 10 draft picks live up to expectations????

Remember the BILLS picked him Whitner did not pick himself......
He is not the problem on this team..........

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 08:07 PM
The Bills might have been "soft" but that's funny to hear coming from that creme puff.
would you rather that the creme puff say they were tough?

Philagape
05-27-2010, 08:18 PM
COME ON do all top 10 draft picks live up to expectations????

Only the good ones ..... :brilliant:

TacklingDummy
05-27-2010, 08:25 PM
would you rather that the creme puff say they were tough?
I rather that creme puff be in another uniform.

YardRat
05-27-2010, 08:46 PM
Whitner's not comparable to the best SS in the league, but he's far from the worst also.

I certainly don't have four years of game film at my fingertips, but I'd be willing to bet that he's had more than one hard hit over that time period.

OpIv37
05-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Whitner's not comparable to the best SS in the league, but he's far from the worst also.

I certainly don't have four years of game film at my fingertips, but I'd be willing to bet that he's had more than one hard hit over that time period.

you'd think so, but every time I call Whitner out for not hitting hard, the Whitner Anti-Defamation League can't even come up with one more example.

TerrellOwensSharpie8
05-27-2010, 11:23 PM
Donte should have worked hard despite Jauron. He gets paid $$$$ to do so.

jamze132
05-28-2010, 02:06 AM
How the **** did this thread get 4 pages of people arguing over whether or not Whitner and Dick get hard for each other?

DesertFox24
05-28-2010, 07:04 AM
Pat I read the whitner article this morning, and to be honest I really do not see any problems with what he said or how he was quoted.

If what he said is true about not doing squats in his whole time in Buffalo then that is downright sinful. It also explains why other teams blew up our DL and OL on running plays.

Also explains why we had so many Hamstrings, quads, groin, ankle, and shoulder injuries.

Thank you buddy nix for hiring a coach that understands the value of conditioning and strength training. I am just flabbergasted in all honesty.

DesertFox24
05-28-2010, 07:06 AM
How the **** did this thread get 4 pages of people arguing over whether or not Whitner and Dick get hard for each other?

Did you read his article, he said as a whole we are working much harder now than the last few years.

Also as a player you are supposed to trust that your PRO coaches know how to make you better, while also working your ass off yourself.

madness
05-28-2010, 08:00 AM
If the media didn't take things out of context, what would they right about? Why focus on the positive when there's so much money out there to make on the negative?

Any why do we argue over freedom speech so hard on here, spinzone, etc. but are quick to condemn it as soon as an athlete opens his mouth? Yes, Whitner, Maybin and others say some stupid **** every now and then but take a look on this or any other message board and you'll find 99.9%* of us have done the same. If you want proof, I challenge you to read through the first 5 pages of BB.com. (Yes, I know that's overkill but I'm trying to prove a point dammit!)

* .1%=Op (why haven't you guys yet figured out he's never wrong? stop arguing with him already) :D

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 08:03 AM
Freedom of speech? Huh?

No one is saying the players don't have a right to speak. But there are perceptions and consequences that go along with speech and players need to be aware of that.

trapezeus
05-28-2010, 08:31 AM
i've never played organized football, but is it like the military. even if you know your coach is running a soft team, are you stuck following his orders? If you think the workouts are too easy, are you not allowed to better yourself and get people to do better?

that's what makes the soft comment stand out to me. if he knew that they weren't up to snuff, why didn't he be a leader and put a stop to it?

at the same time, i get it. he can only do so much. I'm not a whitner fan, but i get what he's saying.

ZAZusmc03
05-28-2010, 08:49 AM
i've never played organized football, but is it like the military. even if you know your coach is running a soft team, are you stuck following his orders? If you think the workouts are too easy, are you not allowed to better yourself and get people to do better?

that's what makes the soft comment stand out to me. if he knew that they weren't up to snuff, why didn't he be a leader and put a stop to it?

at the same time, i get it. he can only do so much. I'm not a whitner fan, but i get what he's saying.

I'd imagine he would have to follow the coaches orders, but at the same time, he can work out on his own to better himself like anyone can in the military.

TacklingDummy
05-28-2010, 09:40 AM
you'd think so, but every time I call Whitner out for not hitting hard, the Whitner Anti-Defamation League can't even come up with one more example.
I remember him getting run over more than hitting someone hard.

Jan Reimers
05-28-2010, 09:57 AM
I was never one to blame our injuries on a poor strength and conditioning program, but it sounds from what Donte says that a lot of our problems may have been caused by just that.

With the new regime, I would expect fewer injuries this year.

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 10:32 AM
I was never one to blame our injuries on a poor strength and conditioning program, but it sounds from what Donte says that a lot of our problems may have been caused by just that.

With the new regime, I would expect fewer injuries this year.

Injuries are much tougher to prove, but the Jauron era was marred by numerous late-game collapses. Think about it, how many times was this team either leading or down by 1 score or less late in the 3rd, only to lose the game in the end, either by epic collapse or by 3 scores or more?

The obvious examples are the Cowboys MNF loss, the collapse against the Pats last year and the Jets loss that Losman gave away. But there are plenty of other examples- the Giants whooped us in 2007 after we were tied with them in the 3rd, we were close with the Saints until the 4th quarter early in 2009. There has to be at least 15 examples of this team wilting late in games during Jauron's tenure, and that's definitely due to the team being soft.

Cleve
05-28-2010, 10:55 AM
The rampant injuries and the 4th quarter fades were enough evidence that Jauron's team was soft - Whitner just confirms what everyone should already know anyways.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2010, 06:29 PM
boobs are soft

jamze132
05-29-2010, 01:34 AM
Did you read his article, he said as a whole we are working much harder now than the last few years.

Also as a player you are supposed to trust that your PRO coaches know how to make you better, while also working your ass off yourself.
Yeah I read the article. My question goes unanswered.

Liverpoolkev
05-29-2010, 04:01 AM

http://www.nickmendola.com/ Hey if you dont like Whitner answering questions then dont start a Blog about what you heard . By the way do you feel what he said was incorrect . They was soft and he went into detail as to why they was soft. Boy, I cant wait for the day that you start reporting full facts on players and leave your personal opinions out of it . Its getting to look very childish.....