PDA

View Full Version : No Marshawn

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Not that you should be surprised.. Despite him saying in Yahoo Interview this week he'd be here sometime this week, he never showed up, and I've heard that he didn't even communicate with anyone from the team either.

Add "Liar" to his growing list of fun things to talk about when it comes to him.

I do NOT care what Buddy Nix or Gailey tells you. he will not be a Buffalo Bill on opening day, you watch..

sdbillsfan2
05-27-2010, 02:19 PM
I'm not surprised !
I hope never to hear the term beast mode again.

I never believed a " weasel " was much of a beast anyway.

no guts , no glory ...hope he stay's home !

dasaybz
05-27-2010, 02:55 PM
What a good team player.

madness
05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Did he say he'd participate this week or that he'd just show up? The devil is in the details.

Novacane
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Way to come in and fight for your job Marshawn :loser: Just another athlete content to collect a check.

Novacane
05-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Did he say he'd participate this week or that he'd just show up? The devil is in the details.

He did not do either so whats the point?

madness
05-27-2010, 03:20 PM
He did not do either so whats the point?

Apparently... Can somebody get a LoJack status on Marshawn, please?

YardRat
05-27-2010, 04:52 PM
His trade value certainly is getting any higher. Of course, I don't think it can get much lower, either.

jamze132
05-28-2010, 02:26 AM
I don't think Marshawn Lynch wants to play for Buffalo anymore. Because Jackson took his job, Marshawn is a little crybaby now. **** it.

TMu11
05-28-2010, 05:40 AM
He must have SOME excuse ... probably just being oppressed by "The Man"

Jan Reimers
05-28-2010, 07:10 AM
I'm not a big fan of Lynch, and I agree with everyone who feels he should have been here. I believe he said he would be here "sometime this week," and his no-show is disappointing.

But if he's here for the next set of OTAs, I'll write it off as Lynch being Lynch (some people march to a different drummer) and then watch with interest how he performs.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
05-28-2010, 07:26 AM
One would think in the situtation that Lynch is in, he would be the first in and the last to leave everyday.

BertSquirtgum
05-28-2010, 10:08 AM
i'm sick of this mother ****er. if he doesn't show up by today, the bills should really consider cutting him. his behavior has been very childish and the bills shouldn't put up with it.

patmoran2006
05-28-2010, 10:28 AM
i'm sick of this mother ****er. if he doesn't show up by today, the bills should really consider cutting him. his behavior has childish and the bills shouldn't put up with it.

There is No OTA today. They resume next Tuesday.

If he's not here next Tuesday, then the **** is gonna hit the fan, though he has already lied on the record saying he'd show up this week.

Hey man. Do what ya gotta do. but you're not doing yourself any favors by losing reps to CJ and Jackson.

Honestly, as crazy as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up orchestrating getting himself cut.

DraftBoy
05-28-2010, 10:30 AM
GO JOIQUE BELL!!

theanswer74
05-28-2010, 10:31 AM
Give him a break, he probably just forgot. ;)

DMBcrew36
05-28-2010, 10:33 AM

marijuana can cause people to forget things

DraftBoy
05-28-2010, 10:34 AM

"I was gonna go to practice, but then I got high"

ChristopherWalken
05-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Beast Mode my ass

Novacane
05-28-2010, 11:18 AM
Beast Mode my ass

Bustmode is his new name.

TacklingDummy
05-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Way to come in and fight for your job Marshawn :loser: Just another athlete content to collect a check.
My source tells me Lynch got locked in at Taco Bell. He's been there all week.

trapezeus
05-28-2010, 02:05 PM
bills won't cut him. he's too cheap. why not teach him a lesson on 2 to 3 years of having an easy contract to pay and not let him play. It proves to him and any other player on any other team tanking it to get on another team that it's not going to happen.

nateodoms'bff
05-28-2010, 07:18 PM
So everyone here knows for certain that Marshawn Lynch at NO POINT told the staff that he wouldnt make it to OTA's this week?

Did I miss a quote somewhere from someone at OBD that said Marshawn has not talked to us at all and we dont know where he is?

Perhaps he has a prior commitment. A family obligation. Maybe he needed an extra week to prepare for his yearly move to Buffalo, a city that hates him.

These workouts are voluntary. Do I want him there? Absolutely. Is it the end of the world that he isn't? Absolutely not. This gives Spiller some reps, and gets Joique Bell some reps. It gives the coaches the chance to see what else they have.

Typ0
05-28-2010, 07:21 PM
There is No OTA today. They resume next Tuesday.

If he's not here next Tuesday, then the **** is gonna hit the fan, though he has already lied on the record saying he'd show up this week.

Hey man. Do what ya gotta do. but you're not doing yourself any favors by losing reps to CJ and Jackson.

Honestly, as crazy as it sounds, I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up orchestrating getting himself cut.

Getting cut would be his best case scenario don't you think?

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2010, 01:12 AM
So everyone here knows for certain that Marshawn Lynch at NO POINT told the staff that he wouldnt make it to OTA's this week?

Did I miss a quote somewhere from someone at OBD that said Marshawn has not talked to us at all and we dont know where he is?

Perhaps he has a prior commitment. A family obligation. Maybe he needed an extra week to prepare for his yearly move to Buffalo, a city that hates him.

These workouts are voluntary. Do I want him there? Absolutely. Is it the end of the world that he isn't? Absolutely not. This gives Spiller some reps, and gets Joique Bell some reps. It gives the coaches the chance to see what else they have.

tell your lover marshawn to stop making national quotes about showing up sometime this week

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2010, 01:15 AM
Getting cut would be his best case scenario don't you think?

you should get cut from this board. your pessimism has been out of this world the last 3 months.

Liverpoolkev
05-29-2010, 03:53 AM
Not that you should be surprised.. Despite him saying in Yahoo Interview this week he'd be here sometime this week, he never showed up, and I've heard that he didn't even communicate with anyone from the team either.

Add "Liar" to his growing list of fun things to talk about when it comes to him.

I do NOT care what Buddy Nix or Gailey tells you. he will not be a Buffalo Bill on opening day, you watch.. Sorry but you have no credibility on anything BILLS related with your Cowher will be the coach . If all you doing is just giving your opinions fine just dont lie and act like you are reporting anything per the BILLS calling someone a Liar is disrespectful and its obvious that you have no one within the organization as to why Marshawn isnt there Why Real Football Men and not the usual RUSS BRANDON GM for dummies would try to call NIX, MODRAK or Gailey a Liar which is what you did when you said you dont care what Buddy or Gailey says ..... You just focus on the facts find out why they are so gun ho for Marshawn ... Look at Gaileys power run game while at Pitt and KC and maybe that why they are willing to give Marshawn some lattitude because Gailey knows that he is an asset. I dont know who is worse you or Thurman... both of you guys need to get over your selves do some actual reporting for a change like why is schoebal stalling on retiring is it to keep from repaying the BILLS ? I really could care less if Thurman kid got blew off because Thurman blew off my kid in the glory days...............So please dont insult our intelligence with personal Marshawn attacks . I dont want any assets loss like Peters because of this town need to find a player to witch hunt and the lack of qualified reporters and bloggers with their personal views . I will pay close attention to the football men ....why dont you try to get interviews with them so you can report facts and not your personal spin

nateodoms'bff
05-29-2010, 07:46 AM
Sorry but you have no credibility on anything BILLS related with your Cowher will be the coach . If all you doing is just giving your opinions fine just dont lie and act like you are reporting anything per the BILLS calling someone a Liar is disrespectful and its obvious that you have no one within the organization as to why Marshawn isnt there Why Real Football Men and not the usual RUSS BRANDON GM for dummies would try to call NIX, MODRAK or Gailey a Liar which is what you did when you said you dont care what Buddy or Gailey says ..... You just focus on the facts find out why they are so gun ho for Marshawn ... Look at Gaileys power run game while at Pitt and KC and maybe that why they are willing to give Marshawn some lattitude because Gailey knows that he is an asset. I dont know who is worse you or Thurman... both of you guys need to get over your selves do some actual reporting for a change like why is schoebal stalling on retiring is it to keep from repaying the BILLS ? I really could care less if Thurman kid got blew off because Thurman blew off my kid in the glory days...............So please dont insult our intelligence with personal Marshawn attacks . I dont want any assets loss like Peters because of this town need to find a player to witch hunt and the lack of qualified reporters and bloggers with their personal views . I will pay close attention to the football men ....why dont you try to get interviews with them so you can report facts and not your personal spin

Post of the off season!!!! Finally some sense on this board.

Raptor
05-29-2010, 08:42 AM
He has made any statements yet

When he doesnt show up for mandatories, thats a line in the sand statement

Typ0
05-29-2010, 12:23 PM
you should get cut from this board. your pessimism has been out of this world the last 3 months.

How do you figure this comment is pessimism? Because I'm looking at things from Lynch's point of view. It absolutely is his best case scenario to get cut from this team then he can pick where he goes and have a better chance for top tier playing time. Otherwise, he's here with limited carries or he gets traded to the team we say. If you feel the need to attack me because I'm thinking rationally you are the dumb ass not me.

Typ0
05-29-2010, 12:25 PM
actually, when I heard he didn't show up my guess was that after he made the public comments about being here his agent called him up and told him not to show it would help his cause to get cut from the team.

DraftBoy
05-29-2010, 12:36 PM
He has made any statements yet

When he doesnt show up for mandatories, thats a line in the sand statement

Im assuming you mean he hasn't made any statements and if that's what you were saying then what about the reported comments to Yahoo about showing up?

I get so tired of people making excuses for players. Yes this is voluntary but this is a brand new coaching staff, brand new system, brand new GM and Pro Personnel Director, and 3 new brand RB's being added, you would think for him specifically this should not be seen as voluntary.

The only reason its not 4 is because Rodney Ferguson is listed as a FB.

Typ0
05-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Im assuming you mean he hasn't made any statements and if that's what you were saying then what about the reported comments to Yahoo about showing up?

I get so tired of people making excuses for players. Yes this is voluntary but this is a brand new coaching staff, brand new system, brand new GM and Pro Personnel Director, and 3 new brand RB's being added, you would think for him specifically this should not be seen as voluntary.

I would imagine no coaches really see it as voluntary...the voluntary nature of these practices is the result of union negotiations.

nateodoms'bff
05-29-2010, 05:38 PM
Defending players is what being a fan is all about.

Sorry DB, but I am a fan of Lynch. There is no reason to deny it for me. The very nature of my being a fan of the Buffalo Bills demands i defend Lynch, whether on here or abroad ( to my non Bills football fans).

Lynch is a good player, with the potential to be great. No one with an honest opinion can say different. He has done some stupid things, and he has been punished both by the league and now by the media and fans.

What did he say exactly to Yahoo( a site most people blasted during the coaching debate), that he would be in Buffalo by the end of the week. Thats it. He didnt say he would be at practice. he said he would be "here by the end of the week."

Do you or anyone else know he is not in Buffalo? Do you know that he wont be at practice on Tuesday? Do you know for certain that this wasnt arranged, or that the coaches didnt know? Gailey seemed to be ok with the fact that Marshawn wasnt there. Like I said before, we as fans know nothing of what goes on behind the closed doors at OBD. The idea to trade Lynch or cut him is lunacy. If he is terrible and fat and slow, then obviously he gets cut or traded. But if he shows up Tuesday and lights it up, then this board will fall in love with him again, and all will be forgotten. Which is really a crappy move by the "fans" of this team.

Typ0
05-29-2010, 06:43 PM
I disagree with the idea he can be great. There are no great backs in the league any more. Defenses have gotten too big for a back to have the longevity to be great. Perhaps a back can have a great season but it isn't going to happen on this team.

Sorry DB, but I am a fan of Lynch. There is no reason to deny it for me. The very nature of my being a fan of the Buffalo Bills demands i defend Lynch, whether on here or abroad ( to my non Bills football fans).

Lynch is a good player, with the potential to be great. No one with an honest opinion can say different. He has done some stupid things, and he has been punished both by the league and now by the media and fans.

What did he say exactly to Yahoo( a site most people blasted during the coaching debate), that he would be in Buffalo by the end of the week. Thats it. He didnt say he would be at practice. he said he would be "here by the end of the week."

Do you or anyone else know he is not in Buffalo? Do you know that he wont be at practice on Tuesday? Do you know for certain that this wasnt arranged, or that the coaches didnt know? Gailey seemed to be ok with the fact that Marshawn wasnt there. Like I said before, we as fans know nothing of what goes on behind the closed doors at OBD. The idea to trade Lynch or cut him is lunacy. If he is terrible and fat and slow, then obviously he gets cut or traded. But if he shows up Tuesday and lights it up, then this board will fall in love with him again, and all will be forgotten. Which is really a crappy move by the "fans" of this team.

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2010, 07:05 PM
I disagree with the idea he can be great. There are no great backs in the league any more. Defenses have gotten too big for a back to have the longevity to be great. Perhaps a back can have a great season but it isn't going to happen on this team.

while i agree with you here. it's still negative, everything about you is negative. you and op could battle it out. to answer your question of how the other post was negative. you were saying it would be good for marshawn to get out of here because the bills are so awful. you didn't flat out say that but it is was what you were incinuating, which in my dictionary would be the definition of a pessistic comment.

Typ0
05-29-2010, 08:16 PM
while i agree with you here. it's still negative, everything about you is negative. you and op could battle it out. to answer your question of how the other post was negative. you were saying it would be good for marshawn to get out of here because the bills are so awful. you didn't flat out say that but it is was what you were incinuating, which in my dictionary would be the definition of a pessistic comment.

That's not what I meant at all. What I meant was from Lynch's point of view his best case scenario is to be outright cut so he can be free to make his own choices. And if it's also a good fi for the team for that to happen then it will. Sorry if you can't see that's just the way it is in the NFL these days and in the situation he's in. I didn't say anything about the team at all. If anything, I had a positive attitude understanding and accepting what Lynch's situation is and wishing him the best in his endeavors. So go ahead and collect worms under your homer rock.

Dr. Pepper
05-29-2010, 09:19 PM
LOL at people STILL trying to defend this clown.... whats it going to take for you guys to realize that he's our third string back with a bad attitude and a history of trouble??? id say let him rot on the bench, but i dont want his sulking to negatively affect the rest of the team. cut his ass, let him bring bottles of booze into another city's bars and steal other people's $20 bills.

Griff
05-30-2010, 08:49 AM

Do you or anyone else know he is not in Buffalo? Do you know that he wont be at practice on Tuesday? Do you know for certain that this wasnt arranged, or that the coaches didnt know? Gailey seemed to be ok with the fact that Marshawn wasnt there. Like I said before, we as fans know nothing of what goes on behind the closed doors at OBD. The idea to trade Lynch or cut him is lunacy. If he is terrible and fat and slow, then obviously he gets cut or traded. But if he shows up Tuesday and lights it up, then this board will fall in love with him again, and all will be forgotten. Which is really a crappy move by the "fnns" of this team.

no its the fans job to cheer a team and support the team. And you've chosen a player over the team. Lynch is not a good player, he's average, what he has in tenacity he lacks in vision. Lynch runs into the first defender he sees and unless he's near the endzone falls over. And its going to take more than good play at a practice to make people fall in love with him, but then its taken less than that for you to fall in love with him.

DraftBoy
05-30-2010, 10:17 AM

I disagree with the premise of your post. The point of being a fan is not to defend players. Being a Bills fan does not demand you to defend Lynch you do so on your own accord. Not because you are a Bills fan. That's your choice to make, but please don't attempt to paint with a broad brush.

Typ0
05-30-2010, 10:20 AM
While I agree with you guys it's also very apparent to me that as soon as a player puts on a Bills uniform they are perfect and great for a lot of fans. It would be much better if fans had more vision I bet the team would really be better. Wilson himself is so smug to constantly remind us how stupid we are as consumers.

nateodoms'bff
05-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Im really blown away by how many people on this board actually believe that this team is better off without Marshawn Lynch.

Also, I guess I missed the part where he (Lynch) personally insulted any of you, or the fan base, or the team, or committed a violent crime, or raped a 20 year old girl,or murdered someone while drunk driving.

Lets really examine what he has done here that makes you all hate him so much that you would trade him for a pick in a draft that may not even happen.

A drunk woman fell off a curb into his moving vehicle. And because he didnt hear it, he didnt stop. Lets remember that the police officer on the scene determined it an accident and testified at a grand jury that there was no crime committed.

His car was searched by cops who said they smelled pot, and found none. Lynch followed the gun laws of the state of california and informed the cops that he had a hand gun in the trunk of the car. The gun was discovered, locked in a travel case. The gun had a round in the chamber, but no clip. This is a serious crime, but in no way was it a violent crime. The gun was registered to Lynch as was the car, but because he had all of the legal paperwork for it, the charges were reduced and he was given probation.

He was suspended by the NFL, and served it without appeal. He came to work heavy and out of football shape, that led to a reduction in playing time, which led to a decrease in his production on the field.

So. Here is the million dollar question. Aside from what i have just listed, what has he done here that warrants such animosity? How is HE a detriment to this team? You can say that any of these offenses are enough to warrant him being cut, but this is the NFL where convicted murderers and drug traffickers (jammal lewis) get a second chance. But in Buffalo, a team with "no talent anywhere on the field", a guy who has proven ability and talent, should be cut because he didnt show up for a VOLUNTARY workout, that may or may not have been arranged ahead of time.

You guys really are frustrating. It doesnt matter what good a player does, or what he says, you all will find something wrong with him. The guy wants to play here in Buffalo, the coaches want him here, his teammates want him here, but its not good enough for you. THEY dont know what they are doing, because you all know what Lynch's true character is. You all, who have spent so much time with him, and KNOW that he is a thug.

This whole board needs to get over itself.

Raptor
05-30-2010, 11:27 AM

I'm tired of fans blowing things out of proportion, going out on a witch hunt every time a player makes a mistake and try and run him out of town because he doesnt fit exactly into this perfect little mental mold of how fans think players should be instead of realizing they are only human and people make mistakes

feldspar
05-30-2010, 01:51 PM
I dont want any asset losses like Peters because of this town's need to find a player to witch hunt.

To me, this sums up the entire situation in a nutshell.

feldspar
05-30-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm tired of fans blowing things out of proportion, going out on a witch hunt every time a player makes a mistake and try and run him out of town because he doesnt fit exactly into this perfect little mental mold of how fans think players should be instead of realizing they are only human and people make mistakes

This also sums up the situation.

I don't understand the general HATRED towards this KID that has made a couple of mistakes. Who hasn't made mistakes as a kid? As far as I'm concerned, you haven't lived if you haven't made mistakes. Time to forgive him...nobody really got hurt, did they? Some people act as though he raped their grandmother or something.

He's a good player. Give him another chance.

If he performs well this year, and the people that are totally slamming his character now stand up and cheer for him, you have to wonder about the character of THOSE people. It's only a game, and Lynch is not the worst person in the world. Give it a rest already.

nateodoms'bff
05-30-2010, 02:11 PM

I don't understand the general HATRED towards this KID that has made a couple of mistakes. Who hasn't made mistakes as a kid? As far as I'm concerned, you haven't lived if you haven't made mistakes. Time to forgive him...nobody really got hurt, did they? Some people act as though he raped their grandmother or something.

If he performs well this year, and the people that are totally slamming his character now stand up and cheer for him, you have to wonder about the character of THOSE people. It's only a game, and Lynch is not the worst person in the world. Give it a rest already.

Exactly. A lot of the people that don't want Lynch, wanted Vick, and used the second chance excuse as a reason to bring in Vick. While they are two entirely different types of crimes, the situation is parallel.

Typ0
05-30-2010, 02:14 PM
I wonder how many people really believe DWI hit and run is an innocent kid mistake. People are just as angry that he got away with it as they are with him. Go ahead and assume he wasn't drunk and didn't know he hit something because his radio was too loud. I know how I feel about the people who think it's OK to run over another human being and just leave them there...

Typ0
05-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Exactly. A lot of the people that don't want Lynch, wanted Vick, and used the second chance excuse as a reason to bring in Vick. While they are two entirely different types of crimes, the situation is parallel.

It's not parallel at all. Vick grew up and learned in a culture that what he was doing was the norm. He also got caught and it pointed out to him how it was wrong. He did his time and has changed his ways. Lynch did nothing but make excuses and beat the rap. The guy is tredding on thin water. Vick is trying to get his career back. There is a big difference between these two people the only similarity being they are both criminals.

feldspar
05-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I wonder how many people really believe DWI hit and run is an innocent kid mistake. People are just as angry that he got away with it as they are with him. Go ahead and assume he wasn't drunk and didn't know he hit something because his radio was too loud. I know how I feel about the people who think it's OK to run over another human being and just leave them there...

If he was drunk, there is the possibility that he didn't know he hit her on that basis. It's not like he hit her head on, either. I had two DUIs when I was Lynch's age...haven't had any in the last 15 years. Most anybody that drinks has driven drunk in the legal sense.

How many DUIs has Bruce Smith lawyered himself out of?

Donte Stallworth killed somebody, yet the Browns saw fit to pick him up.

feldspar
05-30-2010, 02:35 PM
It's not parallel at all. Vick grew up and learned in a culture that what he was doing was the norm. He also got caught and it pointed out to him how it was wrong. He did his time and has changed his ways. Lynch did nothing but make excuses and beat the rap. The guy is tredding on thin water. Vick is trying to get his career back. There is a big difference between these two people the only similarity being they are both criminals.

so you are saying that it was never Vick's fault?

What you are ignoring is that Vick's actions were cruel and deliberate, while Lynch's hitting that woman was purely an accident. Today, that woman is fine, while the dogs remain dead or impaired.

nateodoms'bff
05-30-2010, 02:42 PM

This is an irrational and inflammatory statement, not based on any fact at all.

He didnt run her over, she basically walked into his car that was doing approx. 5 mph, according to reports from the POLICE, not Pat Moran.

He may have been intoxicated, but since then he has lost his privilege to drive, and has had no accidents since. Thats called learning a lesson, and moving forward.

And as for your comments about Vick, all I will say is that Vick denied it at first, then tried to pin it on his cousin, then when his guilt was clear as day, he cut a deal. Thats the justice system my friend.

Griff
05-30-2010, 02:45 PM

he's not a kid, he's a college graduate. And these weren't a couple mistakes, it was hit and run, carrying a loaded gun in his trunk, and theft.

Griff
05-30-2010, 02:46 PM
This is an irrational and inflammatory statement, not based on any fact at all.

He didnt run her over, she basically walked into his car that was doing approx. 5 mph, according to reports from the POLICE, not Pat Moran.

He may have been intoxicated, but since then he has lost his privilege to drive, and has had no accidents since. Thats called learning a lesson, and moving forward.

And as for your comments about Vick, all I will say is that Vick denied it at first, then tried to pin it on his cousin, then when his guilt was clear as day, he cut a deal. Thats the justice system my friend.

wow way to defend hit and run and DUI. Anymore douchebag actions you care to make up defenses for?

Griff
05-30-2010, 02:47 PM
If he was drunk, there is the possibility that he didn't know he hit her on that basis. It's not like he hit her head on, either. I had two DUIs when I was Lynch's age...haven't had any in the last 15 years. Most anybody that drinks has driven drunk in the legal sense.

How many DUIs has Bruce Smith lawyered himself out of?

Donte Stallworth killed somebody, yet the Browns saw fit to pick him up.

and I suppose since you, Bruce Smith and Stallworth did it, its all okay.

I guess that means I can commit murder since OJ got away with it.

Griff
05-30-2010, 02:52 PM
Im really blown away by how many people on this board actually believe that this team is better off without Marshawn Lynch.

Also, I guess I missed the part where he (Lynch) personally insulted any of you, or the fan base, or the team, or committed a violent crime, or raped a 20 year old girl,or murdered someone while drunk driving.

Lets really examine what he has done here that makes you all hate him so much that you would trade him for a pick in a draft that may not even happen.

A drunk woman fell off a curb into his moving vehicle. And because he didnt hear it, he didnt stop. Lets remember that the police officer on the scene determined it an accident and testified at a grand jury that there was no crime committed.

His car was searched by cops who said they smelled pot, and found none. Lynch followed the gun laws of the state of california and informed the cops that he had a hand gun in the trunk of the car. The gun was discovered, locked in a travel case. The gun had a round in the chamber, but no clip. This is a serious crime, but in no way was it a violent crime. The gun was registered to Lynch as was the car, but because he had all of the legal paperwork for it, the charges were reduced and he was given probation.

He was suspended by the NFL, and served it without appeal. He came to work heavy and out of football shape, that led to a reduction in playing time, which led to a decrease in his production on the field.

So. Here is the million dollar question. Aside from what i have just listed, what has he done here that warrants such animosity? How is HE a detriment to this team? You can say that any of these offenses are enough to warrant him being cut, but this is the NFL where convicted murderers and drug traffickers (jammal lewis) get a second chance. But in Buffalo, a team with "no talent anywhere on the field", a guy who has proven ability and talent, should be cut because he didnt show up for a VOLUNTARY workout, that may or may not have been arranged ahead of time.

You guys really are frustrating. It doesnt matter what good a player does, or what he says, you all will find something wrong with him. The guy wants to play here in Buffalo, the coaches want him here, his teammates want him here, but its not good enough for you. THEY dont know what they are doing, because you all know what Lynch's true character is. You all, who have spent so much time with him, and KNOW that he is a thug.

This whole board needs to get over itself.

Lynch was out performed by Fred Jackson last year, and not just slightly but by nearly a whole yard per rush average.

Lynch doesn't have to personally insult us, we can be just disgusted with his behavior in general, how many crimes does he have to commit before you care?

I wonder why you're defending him so violently, what has Lynch done to deserve this loyalty?

feldspar
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
and I suppose since you, Bruce Smith and Stallworth did it, its all okay.

I guess that means I can commit murder since OJ got away with it.

Over half the adult population have done it, I would guess.

feldspar
05-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Lynch was out performed by Fred Jackson last year, and not just slightly but by nearly a whole yard per rush average.

Lynch scored the same number of rushing TDs than Jackson with almost exactly half the amount of carries.

Jackson's numbers are hugely inflated because of two games: against Tampa Bay, who were the worst run defense in the league, and against the Colts' scrubs, who are probably even worse than Tampa Bay. Take away those two games, and Jackson rushed for 687 yards in 14 games for a 3.9 average per attempt. That's .1 yard more than Lynch. Hooray! Lynch didn't get much of a shot last year.

Lynch doesn't have to personally insult us, we can be just disgusted with his behavior in general, how many crimes does he have to commit before you care?

I wonder why you're defending him so violently, what has Lynch done to deserve this loyalty?

Am I being violent? I didn't think so...not nearly as violent as he is being attacked. He should be forgiven.

nateodoms'bff
05-30-2010, 03:14 PM

First off, Im not violently defending him. Thats a difficult task over the internet.

Calling me a douchebag because I dont equate a minor traffic accident as being the same as drunkenly mowing down a pedestrian. Sorry, its just not the same thing. And he wasnt carrying a loaded gun. Again, If you want to speak rationally about what happened with Lynch and his "off field" incidents, then we can do that. But I'm not going to waste my time arguing points with you, that you rationally can't handle.

What has lynch done to deserve loyalty? Nothing. I have no interest in him beyond his ability to play football for the Bills. He has performed at a high level, and has earned my respect as a fan of this game and this team. That's it. I want the Bills to win and be competitive. I personally feel that Lynch gives the Bills a bette chance than Sean Locklear, or a pick from Seattle.

Call me names. Thats fine. Insist on using your "facts" to strengthen your argument. Its fine. At the end of the day, your opinion and mine don't matter.

feldspar
05-30-2010, 03:20 PM
he's not a kid, he's a college graduate. And these weren't a couple mistakes, it was hit and run, carrying a loaded gun in his trunk, and theft.

23 is a kid to me...or 22...which is when these things happened...or didn't happen. This whole theft thing nothing but hearsay at best, so scratch that off your list. Carrying a loaded gun in his trunk was stupid...I mean, he probably could have gotten a permit for that. People do that legally. And some people want to give Vick some sort of free pass because of the "culture" he grew up in, while not extending the same thing to Lynch, who was the victim of a drive by shooting that turned out to be a mistaken identity.

The hit and run was the worst thing IMO, but it wasn't ruled as a hit and run. Lynch paid a $100 fine in a plea agreement. He didn't face criminal charges because the woman's injuries weren't serious enough. She sustained a bruised hip and cut to her thigh that required seven stitches at a local hospital. We'll never know exactly what happened there, but we can be pretty sure he was drinking. Doesn't mean he knew he grazed her and then drove away like a punk.