PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Wang

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 02:41 PM
PER PFT.

Def not official tho We woulda found out already today.
But thats cool. First guy to sign.

Crisis
05-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Cue the dick jokes.

djjimkelly
05-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Cue the dick jokes.

everybody wang chung tonight

patmoran2006
05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
4 year deal, according to Aaron Wilson.

ParanoidAndroid
05-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I guess if you don't have a football for them to sign........

psubills62
05-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I like seeing this. He may be a 5th round pick, but that seems to indicate the four picks made after him will sign relatively soon. Also, the Bills used to wait until about a week before TC to sign anyone, whether it was a 7th rounder or 1st rounder.

BillsWin
05-27-2010, 03:54 PM
I wonder why he went before our 6th and 7th rounders?

Odd. But, welcome to the Bills family Wang.

madness
05-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Per V-text... it's official.

ServoBillieves
05-27-2010, 05:07 PM
I tried getting a tattoo on mine.

Anywho, let the rest join in, having a mid-rounder sign sets the bar for every other pick.

acehole
05-27-2010, 05:11 PM
I tried getting a tattoo on mine.

Anywho, let the rest join in, having a mid-rounder sign sets the bar for every other pick.

That must have been hard? for you?

BillsWin
05-27-2010, 06:39 PM
I like signing our players early. Last year, Ellis Lankster and Cary Harris didn't sign until July 7. So we are over a month ahead of schedule.

Which is good because it will help us get a jump start on signing Spiller. We don't want a repeat of last year where we took our sweet time signing our high round rookies.

Spiller may not be the kind of kid to hold out, but if I know agents, and I know a few, Spiller is a holy grail type prospect. Top ten pick, best playmaker in the draft, first at his position to be picked, highly touted coming out of college... So the agent will try to get what he can.

Better get as many players' contracts done ASAP.

ghz in pittsburgh
05-27-2010, 07:34 PM
It was a Chinese thing, or east Asia culture where they really believe what Wang's dad said in the BB video: "it's just a beginning."

If you truly believe it's a beginning, then the difference of the max he could get vs what he got is negligible compares to what he will get in his second contract.

What he does not know is that he'll be out of NFL in 3 years. This is North America, not China.

Tatonka
05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
gz.. i dont follow your post at all....

ghz in pittsburgh
05-27-2010, 08:32 PM
gz.. i dont follow your post at all....

Didn't you see his Dad stand behind him when he signed the contract? That's an overbearing father who's pushed his son all his life.

Maybe the Wangs think he's onto somethig big. I just don't think his future as an NFL OT is that great.

justasportsfan
05-27-2010, 08:57 PM
Does this mean N. Korea won't be sending missiles to WNY?

jamze132
05-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Glad to see us starting the process.

methos4ever
05-28-2010, 09:05 AM
Didn't you see his Dad stand behind him when he signed the contract? That's an overbearing father who's pushed his son all his life.

Maybe the Wangs think he's onto somethig big. I just don't think his future as an NFL OT is that great.
Even if they negotiated or thought to from that stance, there's a slot from what the person at his pick received that most likey was increased by 5-10%. It's not like he took peanuts to just get through his first deal.

What makes you think he'll be out of the league?

Jan Reimers
05-28-2010, 10:33 AM

Wow.Could we at least get the guy into TC before assigning him to the crap pile?

ddaryl
05-28-2010, 10:38 AM
What he does not know is that he'll be out of NFL in 3 years. This is North America, not China.

OR

Wang is inspired by the dangled carrot and will work very hard to see that 2nd contract....

Who know's but the guy seems to have the right attitude, and that's half the battle won right there...

justasportsfan
05-28-2010, 10:51 AM
OR

Wang is inspired by the dangled carrot and will work very hard to see that 2nd contract....

Who know's but the guy seems to have the right attitude, and that's half the battle won right there...

If he fails , it won't be from lack of effort. Thats for sure.

ChristopherWalken
05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Cue the dick jokes.

Better article titles:

Bills Jump on Wang
Bills Wrap up Wang
The Rest of the League has Wang Envy
Bills FO Butter-up Wang Deal
Gailey Very Impressed with Big Wang
Big Wang Impressess and Looks to Start Next to Tight End