X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

OTAs - Day 3 - Good day for tight ends

The first week of OTA workouts came to a close for the Bills on Thursday and the schedule by all accounts has been demanding. But most players that have been on the roster the past few years are willing to do anything if it means winning come September.

“Even if we thought we were working hard before, it’s a lot harder now,” said Donte Whitner. “So it’s almost like a welcome to the NFL type of thing. The weight room, its totally different thing from the way we lift, the style of lifting, the things we do, the running. It’s almost going back to college knowing how hard you work, the conditioning, running the gassers and the times that we have to be here and the amount of work that we have to put in. That’s what it’s going to take for us to win everybody in top peak shape. We’ve been in the top 3 the past couple of year in injuries. That should help us, so I think we’ll be pretty good.”

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: OTAs - Day 3 - Good day for tight ends

I could only dream of seeing a TE become a factor in the offense. In 45 years of following the Bills, I can count all the big games by a TE on one thumb. ( Pete Metz in the no punt win at San Fran 20 years ago ) .

We've had some good TE's starting with Ernie Warlick in the 1960's but always had an aversion to using them consistently as receivers, for some reason. We drafted 2 horrid ones in the 1st round in Reuben " Iron Hands " Gant and Tony " Pussy " Hunter.

If the Bills could only ID a QB that could feed Nelson the ball, I'd back him to the wall.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Re: OTAs - Day 3 - Good day for tight ends

I think we are going to need Nelson step up if we are going to be successful. Spreads in college are totally different in the Pros. You need a TE that gives your offense more options which keeps the defense guessing.

Comment

Working...
      X