X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Parrish pumped about possibilities

On day two of Bills OTAs, following a one-on-one passing drill between receivers and cornerbacks, Roscoe Parrish was jokingly jawing with the defensive backs along the sideline waiting for their turn to step in. As the brief exchange finished Parrish was laughing on his way back to the line of scrimmage. It’s a scene even the sixth-year receiver could not have envisioned happening for him in Buffalo again after the way his 2009 season unfolded.

• acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Parrish pumped about possibilities

getting an idea that these guys really hated last coach.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• acehole
      • Jan 2006

It would be kind of sick to have parish and spiller in the line up at one time. Never really liked J Reed.

Originally posted by The Spaz
      On day two of Bills OTAs, following a one-on-one passing drill between receivers and cornerbacks, Roscoe Parrish was jokingly jawing with the defensive backs along the sideline waiting for their turn to step in. As the brief exchange finished Parrish was laughing on his way back to the line of scrimmage. It’s a scene even the sixth-year receiver could not have envisioned happening for him in Buffalo again after the way his 2009 season unfolded.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...9-187e704d88ff
      Hated by the stupid..
      Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
        • Jan 2010

I think Parrish has the athletic ability to be a sort of Percy Harvin-esk type player for us. I just hope he has the smarts to perform like that. IF he can't, then I hope Spiller will.

Comment

• Lexwhat
          • Feb 2005

Parrish can easily look good when they're not practicing in Pads -- we knew that.

I honestly think Parrish doesn't have the size or strength to succeed in this league. Even his Punt Returning has gotten worse.

I don't expect a new coaching staff to change anything with regards to Parrish.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
            Knows More Than You
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lexwhat
            Parrish can easily look good when they're not practicing in Pads -- we knew that.

I honestly think Parrish doesn't have the size or strength to succeed in this league. Even his Punt Returning has gotten worse.

I don't expect a new coaching staff to change anything with regards to Parrish.
            I don't think it's possible for me to disagree with this more.

An offensive system like the one Gailey is implementing should maximize the talent that Parrish does have. He can play on the inside and create matchup problems with linebackers and slower safeties in the slot...

He will NEVER be able to play the outside and fend off bump and run coverage..we know this. But in space, he's still one of the fastest players on this team, bar none...between he and Spiller, with the bigger guys like Hardy, Easley, Jackson and Johnson on the outside, this could actually get interesting.
            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• cpearl
              • Mar 2005

I think we are really starting to see how much the offense hated the offensive systems the past couple years. And how much we wasted talent we have.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

I hate Parrish. I'd rather have Josh Reed. The stats prove it out as well.

I guess Chan thinks he can gimmick his way to a .500 season.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                  • Jun 2009

Way to much for most to grasp around here with that excellent post Italian Stallion.

You guys do realize that Josh Reed can't find a team to sign with ? Anybody wonder why ?
                  Slow wr's that can't get sparation or create mismatches don't last long. He should be thankful the clueless coaches/management kept him as long as they did.
                  I can't fiqure out the love for some of the bad players the Bills have had for the last ten years.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                    Knows More Than You
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    I hate Parrish. I'd rather have Josh Reed. The stats prove it out as well.

I guess Chan thinks he can gimmick his way to a .500 season.

2 points on this uninformed post....

1) Josh Reed has yet to find a team, whilst guys like Bobby Wade, Reggie Williams, Mike Williams and ancient Torry Holt have. What does that tell you???

2) If Chan can somehow "GIMMICK" his way to a .500 record, thats totally fine with me buddy. In a self-proclaimed rebuilding year with a new staff, players and systems, not to mention a tough schedule...8-8 sounds like a godsend.

Spiller and Parrish in the slot will be tough for any team to cover...speed kills and thats why both of these players have jobs. While Josh Reed and T.O. are still "mulling offers" as we enter June.
                    Last edited by Italian Stallion; 05-28-2010, 11:43 AM.
                    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

IMO, the reason why Parrish is still with us is because he's under contract. Rather than just cut him outright, Gailey would rather see what he has with the guys already on the team.

Chan probably would rather rebuild with guys he and NIx hand picked and let guys like TO, Reed and Denney go since their contract is gone.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
                        I don't think it's possible for me to disagree with this more.

An offensive system like the one Gailey is implementing should maximize the talent that Parrish does have. He can play on the inside and create matchup problems with linebackers and slower safeties in the slot...

He will NEVER be able to play the outside and fend off bump and run coverage..we know this. But in space, he's still one of the fastest players on this team, bar none...between he and Spiller, with the bigger guys like Hardy, Easley, Jackson and Johnson on the outside, this could actually get interesting.
                        One huge issue with Parrish. He can't run routes, he can be the fastest person out there but until he learns how to run a route, he'll never be in the right spot and his QB can't trust him. Does he have the skill to succeed? Sure, but he damn well better start to learn how to run a quick slant, instead of half assing one.
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                          Way to much for most to grasp around here with that excellent post Italian Stallion.

You guys do realize that Josh Reed can't find a team to sign with ? Anybody wonder why ?
                          Slow wr's that can't get sparation or create mismatches don't last long. He should be thankful the clueless coaches/management kept him as long as they did.
                          I can't fiqure out the love for some of the bad players the Bills have had for the last ten years.
                          This is an absolutely hilarious statement coming from someone defending Parrish.

I'm still not sure what Josh Reed has to do with anything, because whether or not Reed has a team right now has no bearing on whether Parrish sucks.

And for those knocking on Reed, what has Parrish done to make you think he's better or even could be better? Reed was no star, that's for sure, but the guy produced when he was here. That's more than anyone can say for Parrish. I'm sure you'll all resort to saying "well, he's a great punt returner," but we're talking about being a receiver. Just because he's good with 10 blockers in front of him doesn't mean he's any good at running routes, breaking tackles, actually catching the ball, etc.
                          Last edited by psubills62; 05-28-2010, 12:09 PM.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

1) Josh Reed has yet to find a team, whilst guys like Bobby Wade, Reggie Williams, Mike Williams and ancient Torry Holt have. What does that tell you???
                            That he's still better than Parrish. He always higher on the WR depth chart, and deservedly so.
                            Parrish is still here only because his contract wasn't up like Reed's, and because of his return abilities.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Spiller and Parrish in the slot will be tough for any team to cover...speed kills and thats why both of these players have jobs. While Josh Reed and T.O. are still "mulling offers" as we enter June.
                              Parrish and his speed have been in the slot for years, hasn't done him much good.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X