PDA

View Full Version : Parrish pumped about possibilities

The Spaz
05-28-2010, 06:09 AM
On day two of Bills OTAs, following a one-on-one passing drill between receivers and cornerbacks, Roscoe Parrish was jokingly jawing with the defensive backs along the sideline waiting for their turn to step in. As the brief exchange finished Parrish was laughing on his way back to the line of scrimmage. It’s a scene even the sixth-year receiver could not have envisioned happening for him in Buffalo again after the way his 2009 season unfolded.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Parrish-pumped-about-possibilities/976d85db-abfe-4a8d-b819-187e704d88ff

acehole
05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
getting an idea that these guys really hated last coach.

acehole
05-28-2010, 08:15 AM
It would be kind of sick to have parish and spiller in the line up at one time. Never really liked J Reed.

On day two of Bills OTAs, following a one-on-one passing drill between receivers and cornerbacks, Roscoe Parrish was jokingly jawing with the defensive backs along the sideline waiting for their turn to step in. As the brief exchange finished Parrish was laughing on his way back to the line of scrimmage. It’s a scene even the sixth-year receiver could not have envisioned happening for him in Buffalo again after the way his 2009 season unfolded.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Parrish-pumped-about-possibilities/976d85db-abfe-4a8d-b819-187e704d88ff

ZAZusmc03
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
I think Parrish has the athletic ability to be a sort of Percy Harvin-esk type player for us. I just hope he has the smarts to perform like that. IF he can't, then I hope Spiller will.

Lexwhat
05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Parrish can easily look good when they're not practicing in Pads -- we knew that.

I honestly think Parrish doesn't have the size or strength to succeed in this league. Even his Punt Returning has gotten worse.

I don't expect a new coaching staff to change anything with regards to Parrish.

Italian Stallion
05-28-2010, 09:07 AM
Parrish can easily look good when they're not practicing in Pads -- we knew that.

I honestly think Parrish doesn't have the size or strength to succeed in this league. Even his Punt Returning has gotten worse.

I don't expect a new coaching staff to change anything with regards to Parrish.

I don't think it's possible for me to disagree with this more.

An offensive system like the one Gailey is implementing should maximize the talent that Parrish does have. He can play on the inside and create matchup problems with linebackers and slower safeties in the slot...

He will NEVER be able to play the outside and fend off bump and run coverage..we know this. But in space, he's still one of the fastest players on this team, bar none...between he and Spiller, with the bigger guys like Hardy, Easley, Jackson and Johnson on the outside, this could actually get interesting.

cpearl
05-28-2010, 09:47 AM
I think we are really starting to see how much the offense hated the offensive systems the past couple years. And how much we wasted talent we have.

HHURRICANE
05-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I hate Parrish. I'd rather have Josh Reed. The stats prove it out as well.

I guess Chan thinks he can gimmick his way to a .500 season.

k-oneputt
05-28-2010, 10:03 AM
Way to much for most to grasp around here with that excellent post Italian Stallion.

You guys do realize that Josh Reed can't find a team to sign with ? Anybody wonder why ?
Slow wr's that can't get sparation or create mismatches don't last long. He should be thankful the clueless coaches/management kept him as long as they did.
I can't fiqure out the love for some of the bad players the Bills have had for the last ten years.

Italian Stallion
05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
I hate Parrish. I'd rather have Josh Reed. The stats prove it out as well.

I guess Chan thinks he can gimmick his way to a .500 season.

:wtf:

2 points on this uninformed post....

1) Josh Reed has yet to find a team, whilst guys like Bobby Wade, Reggie Williams, Mike Williams and ancient Torry Holt have. What does that tell you???

2) If Chan can somehow "GIMMICK" his way to a .500 record, thats totally fine with me buddy. In a self-proclaimed rebuilding year with a new staff, players and systems, not to mention a tough schedule...8-8 sounds like a godsend.

Spiller and Parrish in the slot will be tough for any team to cover...speed kills and thats why both of these players have jobs. While Josh Reed and T.O. are still "mulling offers" as we enter June.

justasportsfan
05-28-2010, 11:49 AM
IMO, the reason why Parrish is still with us is because he's under contract. Rather than just cut him outright, Gailey would rather see what he has with the guys already on the team.

Chan probably would rather rebuild with guys he and NIx hand picked and let guys like TO, Reed and Denney go since their contract is gone.

DraftBoy
05-28-2010, 11:50 AM
I don't think it's possible for me to disagree with this more.

An offensive system like the one Gailey is implementing should maximize the talent that Parrish does have. He can play on the inside and create matchup problems with linebackers and slower safeties in the slot...

He will NEVER be able to play the outside and fend off bump and run coverage..we know this. But in space, he's still one of the fastest players on this team, bar none...between he and Spiller, with the bigger guys like Hardy, Easley, Jackson and Johnson on the outside, this could actually get interesting.

One huge issue with Parrish. He can't run routes, he can be the fastest person out there but until he learns how to run a route, he'll never be in the right spot and his QB can't trust him. Does he have the skill to succeed? Sure, but he damn well better start to learn how to run a quick slant, instead of half assing one.

psubills62
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Way to much for most to grasp around here with that excellent post Italian Stallion.

You guys do realize that Josh Reed can't find a team to sign with ? Anybody wonder why ?
Slow wr's that can't get sparation or create mismatches don't last long. He should be thankful the clueless coaches/management kept him as long as they did.
I can't fiqure out the love for some of the bad players the Bills have had for the last ten years.
This is an absolutely hilarious statement coming from someone defending Parrish.

I'm still not sure what Josh Reed has to do with anything, because whether or not Reed has a team right now has no bearing on whether Parrish sucks.

And for those knocking on Reed, what has Parrish done to make you think he's better or even could be better? Reed was no star, that's for sure, but the guy produced when he was here. That's more than anyone can say for Parrish. I'm sure you'll all resort to saying "well, he's a great punt returner," but we're talking about being a receiver. Just because he's good with 10 blockers in front of him doesn't mean he's any good at running routes, breaking tackles, actually catching the ball, etc.

Philagape
05-28-2010, 12:19 PM
1) Josh Reed has yet to find a team, whilst guys like Bobby Wade, Reggie Williams, Mike Williams and ancient Torry Holt have. What does that tell you???

That he's still better than Parrish. He always higher on the WR depth chart, and deservedly so.
Parrish is still here only because his contract wasn't up like Reed's, and because of his return abilities.

Philagape
05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
Spiller and Parrish in the slot will be tough for any team to cover...speed kills and thats why both of these players have jobs. While Josh Reed and T.O. are still "mulling offers" as we enter June.

Parrish and his speed have been in the slot for years, hasn't done him much good.

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM

So, the guy defending ROSCOE PARRISH is criticizing other fans for having love for bad players?

Reed didn't make too many highlight reels, but his overall production and contributions have been much better and much more consistent than Parrish's. And up until about 3 years ago, I was a Reed hater. I trashed the guy every chance I got, mostly for his drops. But then I looked at the stats and started paying more attention to him during the games- the guy was money on 3rd down and the reputation for the drops was vastly overblown due to one or two key drops early in his career. He also blocks well, although stupid Jauron turned that into a liability by only putting Reed on the field when he was going to run, which tipped off our opponents, but I digress...

Look, no one is saying that Reed is a superstar or anything. We're simply saying that he's a far better WR than Parrish. I'll take a smart, consistent, hardworking player over a flashy but inconsistent whiner who can't keep his head in the game any day.

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 12:27 PM
One huge issue with Parrish. He can't run routes, he can be the fastest person out there but until he learns how to run a route, he'll never be in the right spot and his QB can't trust him. Does he have the skill to succeed? Sure, but he damn well better start to learn how to run a quick slant, instead of half assing one.

A lot of people don't realize this. It's much more obvious if you go to a game live.

Watch Roscoe make his "cut" on his route- the DB runs stride for stride right with him, despite Roscoe's speed.

Compare that to even Josh Reed. When Reed made his cut, he would lose the DB, despite being much slower than Parrish. Now, the DB was faster and would eventually close the gap, but Reed was open long enough to get the ball if the QB could find him. That's why he has so many more 1st down conversions than Parrish.

DraftBoy
05-28-2010, 12:31 PM
A lot of people don't realize this. It's much more obvious if you go to a game live.

Watch Roscoe make his "cut" on his route- the DB runs stride for stride right with him, despite Roscoe's speed.

Compare that to even Josh Reed. When Reed made his cut, he would lose the DB, despite being much slower than Parrish. Now, the DB was faster and would eventually close the gap, but Reed was open long enough to get the ball if the QB could find him. That's why he has so many more 1st down conversions than Parrish.

You nailed it exactly. When Roscoe runs an In, he should be making a sharp 90 degree cut and coming across the field horizontally, instead he makes more like a 70 degree cut and runs across the field at an angle, which allows players to either jump in front of him on the route or cut the route off. He can run as fast as he wants if they aren't percise, that doesnt mean ****.

Reed understood that basic premise about playing WR.

ddaryl
05-28-2010, 12:40 PM
You nailed it exactly. When Roscoe runs an In, he should be making a sharp 90 degree cut and coming across the field horizontally, instead he makes more like a 70 degree cut and runs across the field at an angle, which allows players to either jump in front of him on the route or cut the route off. He can run as fast as he wants if they aren't percise, that doesnt mean ****.

and this all brings us back to C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G :canada:

justasportsfan
05-28-2010, 12:46 PM
So, the guy defending ROSCOE PARRISH is criticizing other fans for having love for bad players?

Reed didn't make too many highlight reels, but his overall production and contributions have been much better and much more consistent than Parrish's. And up until about 3 years ago, I was a Reed hater. I trashed the guy every chance I got, mostly for his drops. But then I looked at the stats and started paying more attention to him during the games- the guy was money on 3rd down and the reputation for the drops was vastly overblown due to one or two key drops early in his career. He also blocks well, although stupid Jauron turned that into a liability by only putting Reed on the field when he was going to run, which tipped off our opponents, but I digress...

Look, no one is saying that Reed is a superstar or anything. We're simply saying that he's a far better WR than Parrish. I'll take a smart, consistent, hardworking player over a flashy but inconsistent whiner who can't keep his head in the game any day.

the thing I will miss with Reed is that he got in D players' face. He wasn't scared to get physical with them. He was unselfish and took one for the team in terms of hitting tacklers while blocking for his teammates.

I know this has nothing to do with Prrish because they are different players.

Prov401
05-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Agree. I hope Parrish shuts us all up and produces, but man... I'm going to miss Reed. He was one of those guys that seemed proud to wear a Bills uniform.

mightysimi
05-28-2010, 01:16 PM

Totally agree. All that speed goes for **** with no separation. I mean if we can find a way to get him the ball in the open field, I'm all for it but for 6 years he hasn't been able to get open.

While as Reed was a charging bull with the ball which led to plenty of first downs.

billz83
05-28-2010, 02:04 PM
if u ask me they both suck...and since parrish is still on the roster i hope these coaches teach him how to run routes right and bring him to his full potential because he has definitely been a disappointment considerin his speed..

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 02:40 PM
It comes down to this: Parrish is a much better athlete than Reed, but a significantly worse football player than Reed.

Mr. Pink
05-28-2010, 05:34 PM
I will be pumped when guys like Parrish are finally jettisoned from the roster.

k-oneputt
05-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Thus Parrish is playing and Reed can't find a job. Go fiqure.

k-oneputt
05-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Can Reed return kicks ??? OK.

Come back when you all fiqure it out.
He can't even run down on special teams, thus no job.

I

Thurmal
05-29-2010, 04:32 AM
The only reason Reed hasn't been signed is because he is probably looking for one last big contract, and teams aren't willing to give him a ton of money. Same reason T.O. hasn't.

Parrish should see the ball more, though, definitely.

jamze132
05-29-2010, 07:48 AM
Didn't anyone notice at the end of the article Roscoe Parrish referred to himself in the 3rd person? He's definitely going to break out this year!

Lexwhat
06-20-2010, 11:41 PM

Looks like Reed is Philip Rivers' new slot receiver.

mightysimi
06-20-2010, 11:55 PM
Vincent Jackson insurance.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 07:41 AM
Looks like Reed is Philip Rivers' new slot receiver.

He made the team already ? Get back to me on Sept. 12th.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 07:44 AM
Parrish is a waste. when he got the ball in back to back games in the famous 5-1 2008 season, he got hurt. When he doesn't get the ball, he complains.

When his contract runs out or the bills have other better options at WR, no one will touch Parrish.

Another university of miami player who believes his own hype but does very little on the field.

HHURRICANE
06-21-2010, 08:07 AM
It comes down to this: Parrish is a much better athlete than Reed, but a significantly worse football player than Reed.

Simple but accurate!

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 08:19 AM
Parrish will land a job because he can return kicks.
#3,4 receivers that can't run or play special teams don't last long, unless you play in Buffalo where the dumb have been running the show for a decade.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 08:46 AM
parrish returns kicks well?

he does early in the season and then he spends the rest of the season running backwards and fumbling.

Parrish's time has expired, but the bills just don't have any better options. That'll not be the case next year when he gets cut and ends up out of football. Willing to bet all $1,100 of your zonebux.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 10:05 AM
He was obviously a better option to Reed according to this coaching staff.

And if our inept offense could have scored against one of the worst teams in football maybe he wouldn't have to run backwards and try to make a big play every time he is back there.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 10:23 AM
this is arguing about a chicken/egg debate because jauron sucked as a coach, but parrish thinks he's much better than he is. is he smart enough to realize that sometimes you have to put the team in a position to win. not try to be the superstar at all times.

That being said, if he breaks out this year, i'll be happy to eat crow. but i'm fairly certain he's done in the big leagues after this. i hope he saved a good portion of his levy granted millions.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 10:41 AM
He was obviously a better option to Reed according to this coaching staff.

And if our inept offense could have scored against one of the worst teams in football maybe he wouldn't have to run backwards and try to make a big play every time he is back there.

Not necessarily. Reed's contract was up, so they didn't have to do anything. If they chose to cut Parrish, then they'd have to renegotiate with Reed.

If both players were under contract and one got cut, or if both players were FA's and only one was offered a contract to return, then I'd agree with you. But that's not what happened.

And don't blame Parrish's stupidity on the offense. That's just ridiculous.

I don't know why people continue to defend the players that have kept this team mired in mediocrity for a decade. Parrish's inability to keep his head in the game as a PR and uselessness as a WR have held this team back.

HHURRICANE
06-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I keep hearing that Parrish was not properly utilized but when you watch him in games he's just not big enough to beat players chucking him off the line.

He's not big enough to play at the WR position in the NFL. Period.

So I expect nothing out of him. Classic case of poor drafting. This is the famous Donohoe draft where he took our permannatley injuerd TE in round 2 and Parrish in round 3.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 10:48 AM
You're right. They kept a wr who can't run, play special teams, make a big play, or is a threat for eight years.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 10:50 AM
actually Parrish was in rd.2 and the t-end in 3.

Lets see what Gailey can do with Parrish. He does have some open field running qualities.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 11:05 AM
he runs in the open real well...that's a given. he also fumbles really well out in the open.

HopefulBillsFan
06-21-2010, 11:10 AM
he runs in the open real well...that's a given. he also fumbles really well out in the open.

examples please?

I mean I know he is the main blame for the loss against Cleveland, but who's to say we would have scored anyway?

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 11:44 AM
if you didn't hold your breathe every time he caught a punt last year praying that he just go down, then perhaps we were watching different games. there were a couple that he fumbled but landed on top of. others where he let it bounced and then you could see he was wondering if he should pick up off the bounce.

The ball is from his waste to his neck and he never seems to have a good enough grip...like i said, since he is destined to be a bill this year, i wish him luck to make a difference. but knowing his limitations and the fact that he thinks he's entitled to play more but do nothing to make him get on the field more makes me very skeptical on him.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 12:02 PM
You're right. They kept a wr who can't run, play special teams, make a big play, or is a threat for eight years.

And when was his last big play, compared to when was his last big gaffe? The guy will return a punt for a touchdown, then in the next 3 games, he will muff a punt that he loses, muff a punt that he recovers, and run backwards for an 8 yard loss on a return.

But then people like you will continue talking about how good he is because of the touchdown. It's selective memory. The guy's big-play factor is canceled by the liability factor.

JP Losman can make big plays 1 out of every 20 times he touches the ball too. Let's bring him back!

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 02:53 PM
When exactly was a Josh Reed big play ?

That's right he never made one.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 02:58 PM

He never fumbled a punt return late in a game or lost 8 yards trying to make a big play either.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 03:00 PM
um, josh reed had one of the greatest TD runs against the patriots during our losing streak. We were getting thet snot beat out of us a couple years ago in the fourth quarter and he had about 5 pat's defenders miss him and broke either a shutout or a touchdownless game that the patriots were hell bent on getting. It would have been legendary had our team had any talent whatsoever under the jauron years.

but on a serious note, the last couple years, josh reed was open on 3rd down time and time again. it's not flashy on the stat sheet, but when your qb knows you are open and will come down with the ball on 3rd down, you are a valuable player.

That being said, i'm not too upset that reed is gone. i think we have some crappy players on the roster who will give us the same production at a cheaper rate. To say that parrish can do anything better is laughable at this point....to me at least.

HHURRICANE
06-21-2010, 03:01 PM

I remember Josh Reed making alot of clutch catches to keep drives alive.

Not every player is going to be super exciting but they come in and do their job. Reed was a solid #3 WR.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Josh Reed sucks. He has no quality that for a wr to help you. The new regime had no interst in him. He will be lucky if he is even in the league come week-1. I'm still trying to fiqure out the love for this guy's game, and now he is no longer even a Bill. Who cares what he does, he's a non-factor.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 03:07 PM
Josh Reed sucks. He has no quality that for a wr to help you. The new regime had no interst in him. He will be lucky if he is even in the league come week-1. I'm still trying to fiqure out the love for this guy's game, and now he is no longer even a Bill. Who cares what he does, he's a non-factor.

Once again, the guy standing up for ROSCOE PARRISH is accusing another player of being a non-factor.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Again, Parrish can return kicks at minimum. With coaching he may be able to help in the offense.
Reed will be lucky to be playing sept.12th.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:11 PM
I didn't see Gailey/Nix trying to re-sign Reed. And it wouldn't have taken much if they really wanted him.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
I didn't see Gailey/Nix trying to re-sign Reed. And it wouldn't have taken much if they really wanted him.

I didn't see them trying to re-sign Parrish either. The guy was already under contract. You have no idea what they would have done if Parrish had been a FA too.

This argument is a red herring.

HHURRICANE
06-21-2010, 03:12 PM
Again, Parrish can return kicks at minimum. With coaching he may be able to help in the offense.
Reed will be lucky to be playing sept.12th.

Parrish got benched. Do you remember that? We couldn't get a 5th rounder for this guy and you are questioning Reed's value?

Parrish got killed at the line so it doesn't matter what offensive scheme he participates in he still has to get open which was his biggest problem because he was getting blown off the ball.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Parrish got benched by the worst coaching staff in the history of the buffalo bills, go fiqure.
If they don't like Parrish they can certainly cut him then, I don't think that will happen. We will see.
Gailey certainly seems to be giving him a lot of work for a guy they are not interested in.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Parrish got benched by the worst coaching staff in the history of the buffalo bills, go fiqure.
If they don't like Parrish they can certainly cut him then, I don't think that will happen. We will see.
Gailey certainly seems to be giving him a lot of work for a guy they are not interested in.

cut him and replace him with who? There are a lot of guys on this roster who should be cut but we're stuck with them due to lack of options.

Right now we're stuck with Roscoe, so this is his last chance. If he doesn't show something this year, he'll be standing in the unemployment line with Reed by this time next year.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 03:20 PM
this is turning into a small pro vs anti losman thread. one guy defends a poor player and blames everyone but the player for not being NFL material.

but like losman, it would be great if he turns it around. I'll root for that, but i won't be surprised that he continues to suck.

Our only chance is return a kick in the home opener. he didn't last year. i fear his best times are behind him.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Oh and one more thing. With Reed and TO out of the way, all of our receivers other than Evans have even less experience at the position than Roscoe does. If he truly deserves a bigger role in the offense, this is the best shot he's ever had to prove it. If he gets beaten out by Hardy, Johnson and/or Easley, it will truly show his lack of value at WR.

And with McKelvin and Spiller, we don't even need him returning kicks. The only value he adds is that he'll help keep those guys from getting injured.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Well I guess they could have re-signed Reed and cut Parrish, didn't hapen though did it. Wonder why ????

WTF does Losman have to do with anything ? Besides being an ex-Bill who is now meaningless to this team like Reed.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Hardy and Easley will not be playing in the slot so try again.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Well I guess they could have re-signed Reed and cut Parrish, didn't hapen though did it. Wonder why ????

WTF does Losman have to do with anything ? Besides being an ex-Bill who is now meaningless to this team like Reed.

Maybe because that would involve TWO transactions: signing Reed and cutting Parrish, whereas the way they did it involved ZERO transactions.

As far as Losman, some people on this board stood by him way too long and blamed everyone else for his failures, just like you're doing with Parrish now.

OpIv37
06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Hardy and Easley will not be playing in the slot so try again.

Hopefully Parrish won't be either because we've all seen how poorly that works.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Which one returns punts Spiller or McKelvin ?

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Hopefully Parrish won't be either because we've all seen how poorly that works.

If your gonna talk trash at least realize neither play the slot.

justasportsfan
06-21-2010, 03:39 PM
lol. Some people can't move on.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 03:54 PM
if you can't see the similarities to the thousands of losman is good but is getting a raw deal and this thread, you may want to look up those threads again.

Point is we will all root for parrish to succeed. but a lot of us knkow is a guy who was drafted too high, who sucks too frequently and occassionally has bursts of excellence that make it seem like he might be bankable. Parrish less so than Losman. If you are playing the odds, parrish is out of football next year..maybe he follows that wonderful path that losman followed which is to be a champion at the UFL level and then make the worst team in football only to not be a real option even after you canned the fattest QB in the modern era.

i have no idea what losman has to do with it.

as for easley and hardy not playing the slot, i guess it will suck when they run spiller and jackson in the backfield and have spiller line up in the slot because they trust him more...as a rookie...who doesn't play the slot....but will exceed because he isn't a U of miami idiot who doesn't appreciate the pro game nuances enough.

justasportsfan
06-21-2010, 03:56 PM
if you can't see the similarities to the thousands of losman is good but is getting a raw deal and this thread, you may want to look up those threads again.

Point is we will all root for parrish to succeed. but a lot of us knkow is a guy who was drafted too high, who sucks too frequently and occassionally has bursts of excellence that make it seem like he might be bankable. Parrish less so than Losman. If you are playing the odds, parrish is out of football next year..maybe he follows that wonderful path that losman followed which is to be a champion at the UFL level and then make the worst team in football only to not be a real option even after you canned the fattest QB in the modern era.

as for easley and hardy not playing the slot, i guess it will suck when they run spiller and jackson in the backfield and have spiller line up in the slot because they trust him more...as a rookie...who doesn't play the slot....but will exceed because he isn't a U of miami idiot who doesn't appreciate the pro game nuances enough.

you could have used Whitner, Kelsay etc. Same thimg as Parrish. Move on , Losmans gone.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 04:06 PM
Reed is gone too, and Parrish is still here. I hope Gailey finds a wat to utilize the skills Parrish has, if not then we move on again.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
you could have used Whitner, Kelsay etc. Same thimg as Parrish. Move on , Losmans gone.

exactly they are still here..so aren't we suppose to back all the people on the team. losman is gone and was a failure that left the team.

Parrish, kelsay and whitners are failures who are still here. so i'm stuck rooting for them until they are gone.

Philagape
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Gailey is not the one who needs to utilize the skills Parrish has. Parrish is.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Gailey is not the one who needs to utilize the skills Parrish has. Parrish is.

Sorry but Jauron and Van Pelt are the equal to a marginal high school staff.

Philagape
06-21-2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry but Jauron and Van Pelt are the equal to a marginal high school staff.

And Parrish is the equivalent of a marginal high school receiver, to use the same hyperbole.

k-oneputt
06-21-2010, 04:15 PM
And Parrish is the equivalent of a marginal high school receiver, to use the same hyperbole.

Maybe so, but until we get NFL quality coaching utilizing his skill set we do not know. We will know after this season.
As for Losman, he was ruined by terrible coaching also. But since he is no longer here I really don't care any more.

Philagape
06-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Maybe so, but until we get NFL quality coaching utilizing his skill set we do not know. We will know after this season.
As for Losman, he was ruined by terrible coaching also. But since he is no longer here I really don't care any more.

Believe it or not, with the overwhelming majority of players, yes we really can tell if they're any good or not. To believe otherwise means you think players are nothing more than video game avatars with coaches holding the joystick.
With Losman it became apparent that he just plain sucked, and there's no reason to think that's not the case for Parrish as well. Someone else said it best in that Parrish is an athlete, not a football player. That's the case with most busts; some fans just drool over the physical aspects without considering whether the guy can actually play the game at the NFL level. And a few will stubbornly hold out hope despite all the screw-ups on the field. Just like with Losman.

justasportsfan
06-21-2010, 05:23 PM
Parrish, kelsay and whitners are failures who are still here. so i'm stuck rooting for them until they are gone.
if you put it that way then you wouldn't be accused of not moving on. let it go. now you turned it into a jp thread.

trapezeus
06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
and the pro game is so complicated. there are so many talented people who put the work in to know everything about the game...skill and skill alone won't separate you from the pack. you need to know every detail about the game and know how to anticipate stuff.

and that's hard for a lot of guys because for most of their lives they've been the best even while they half assed it. This is why busts happen. this is why the average career is 3 years.

Mr. Pink
06-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Parrish = Eddie Drummond = Dante Hall = Az Zahir Hakim = Desmond Howard = all guys not good enough to succeed in the NFL on a long term basis.

They're gimmick guys who don't bring a whole lot to the table.

And then what they bring to the table disappears, they're useless.

That's where Parrish is right now.

Bill Cody
06-21-2010, 06:47 PM
I was generally disapointed with Reed. He drafted early 2nd and was supposed to be a "steal". After looking decent as a 3rd receiver as a rookie he flopped as a starter, plagued by drops and trouble getting open. i was shocked when we resigned him after his rookie deal.

Parrish? He's a smurf that thinks he's Jerry Rice being held back by "the man". Another flushed 2nd rounder.

Debating the value of these 2 guys is like debating whether it's better to step in **** or garbage.

I guess you'd give the edge to Reed at least he hasn't been a complete zero. With no tackles we're not going to be running a lot of 3 WR sets which is the only set Parrish has even a shot to contribute. I'd peg the over/under on Parrish at 10 receptions. Yawn.

acehole
06-22-2010, 08:58 AM

This is true. With right personnel package he doesnt need to.
Skinny post and go route, quick screen alone could be deady
enough.

acehole
06-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Nobody is standing by parish. He (parish)is just eluding to the fact that parish himself is pumped. He has good reason as the system is conducive to his skill set. And there is more supporting cast to make that system work. In losman case he both had short commings and got a raw deal...and the guy everybody thought was the second comming of Joe Montanna never broke the 11th rated passer.It is funny to me the defending posts sould exactly the same except for inserting Trents name with losmen.Anyway.. I for one with give Parrish a chance in this offense. With CJ on field along with nelson and Evans either #2 he can find an opening and could find himself in single coverage alot. Play him deep they will thow him screen.... play him tight if he gets by you he is gone. You wont be able to doulbe every man in that set. So on paper this could work.....however we will have to wait eitherway to see if the coaching staff is right to keep him....and he is right to be excited.

HHURRICANE
06-22-2010, 09:25 AM
I was generally disapointed with Reed. He drafted early 2nd and was supposed to be a "steal". After looking decent as a 3rd receiver as a rookie he flopped as a starter, plagued by drops and trouble getting open. i was shocked when we resigned him after his rookie deal.

Parrish? He's a smurf that thinks he's Jerry Rice being held back by "the man". Another flushed 2nd rounder.

Debating the value of these 2 guys is like debating whether it's better to step in **** or garbage.

I guess you'd give the edge to Reed at least he hasn't been a complete zero. With no tackles we're not going to be running a lot of 3 WR sets which is the only set Parrish has even a shot to contribute. I'd peg the over/under on Parrish at 10 receptions. Yawn.

One of your better posts. Right on the money!!

DraftBoy
06-22-2010, 10:42 AM
This is true. With right personnel package he doesnt need to.
Skinny post and go route, quick screen alone could be deady
enough.

No he still has to. Those routes still require percision route running especially the skinny post. He also will need to be able to escape a jam on the go route if they jam him in the slot which everybody should do because he's not very strong and struggles to get off the jam on the line.

k-oneputt
06-22-2010, 11:45 AM
Yes they can jam him at the line but there is some risk for the defense doing that. If he's singled up, which he will be, and that d-back whiffs at the line it is a big play and he is capable of going the distance.

acehole
06-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Yes they can jam him at the line but there is some risk for the defense doing that. If he's singled up, which he will be, and that d-back whiffs at the line it is a big play and he is capable of going the distance.

This is genrally my point....getting jammed and running routes are diff anyway,