PDA

View Full Version : I interviewed Jim Kelly last night

patmoran2006
05-28-2010, 07:58 AM
I got the chance to speak at length with Jim Kelly last night at a high school awards dinner last night at Ilio DiPaolo's. I'll have a story sometime this weekend.

He was actually really accomodating last night, although very little was actually discussed about football (didn't want that kind of interview). He talked a lot about some of the unpublicized things he does in the community, his closet-love of wrestling, Ilio DiPaolo and some of the kids that were honored last night.

He was great and I can tell you, at least for last night he wasn't a celebrity, he was just one of the guys having a good time and laughing along with everyone. When he wants to be, he can be really down to earth.

If you guys like wrestling, there are a few funny stories I get to tell.

I also got the chance to meet and talk with original Buffalo Bills trainer Ed Abramoski.

ZAZusmc03
05-28-2010, 08:41 AM
I got the chance to speak at length with Jim Kelly last night at a high school awards dinner last night at Ilio DiPaolo's. I'll have a story sometime this weekend.

He was actually really accomodating last night, although very little was actually discussed about football (didn't want that kind of interview). He talked a lot about some of the unpublicized things he does in the community, his closet-love of wrestling, Ilio DiPaolo and some of the kids that were honored last night.

He was great and I can tell you, at least for last night he wasn't a celebrity, he was just one of the guys having a good time and laughing along with everyone. When he wants to be, he can be really down to earth.

If you guys like wrestling, there are a few funny stories I get to tell.

I also got the chance to meet and talk with original Buffalo Bills trainer Ed Abramoski.

Wrestling as in Pro crap or high school / olympic style? I know I met Thurman Thomas a few times during high school at the Sweet Home tournament. His daughter dated one of the wrestlers there so he came to show support.

trapezeus
05-28-2010, 08:42 AM
pat, any reason kelly is so mum on the details of his buyer group? i'm just curious why he has to be so guarded about the details but keeps telling us that it'll be ok.

patmoran2006
05-28-2010, 09:23 AM
pat, any reason kelly is so mum on the details of his buyer group? i'm just curious why he has to be so guarded about the details but keeps telling us that it'll be ok.

I didn't ask him about that, because I knew he wouldn't answer.. In fact, talked very little football at all. I know that is of disinterest to football fans, but wanted to do something a little different with the opportunity.

patmoran2006
05-28-2010, 09:24 AM
Wrestling as in Pro crap or high school / olympic style? I know I met Thurman Thomas a few times during high school at the Sweet Home tournament. His daughter dated one of the wrestlers there so he came to show support.

Both, but mainly pro crap. Talked in detail about his appearances with WCW in 1996-97 when he came into the ring during the "Legends of Wrestling" shows in Buffalo. Nasty Boys, Macho Man, DDP, etc. Was actually pretty cool to talk about, unless you hate pro crap of course.

The last buffalo fan
05-28-2010, 09:28 AM
Damn you Pat, I'm jealous. He is my favorite Bills player ever!! :clap:

theanswer74
05-28-2010, 10:34 AM
I didn't ask him about that, because I knew he wouldn't answer.. In fact, talked very little football at all. I know that is of disinterest to football fans, but wanted to do something a little different with the opportunity.
Too bad.

Tatonka
05-28-2010, 10:35 PM
i was able to go to his older brothers 50th birthday roast at jims house here in Virginia.. met all of his brothers, except Dan. Met his father as well. it was one of the coolest nights i will ever have, especially as a bills fan. i have a photo that my friend and I took with him, and another of me looking at one of his afc championship rings that his brother was showing me (he gave all of his rings to his brothers)... his house, which he has since sold, was incredible.. 16,000 sf i believe in one of the best lake neighborhoods around.. if someone can tell me how to post the pics i have on my computer, i will.

Liverpoolkev
05-29-2010, 04:03 AM
pat, any reason kelly is so mum on the details of his buyer group? i'm just curious why he has to be so guarded about the details but keeps telling us that it'll be ok. Really you asking Pat like he really has a clue...............

Ground Chuck
05-29-2010, 09:03 AM
Yeah, I've had a burning desire to know what Jim Kelly thinks about wrestling. I'm sure it's a great interview.

Cntrygal
05-29-2010, 09:34 AM
i was able to go to his older brothers 50th birthday roast at jims house here in Virginia.. met all of his brothers, except Dan. Met his father as well. it was one of the coolest nights i will ever have, especially as a bills fan. i have a photo that my friend and I took with him, and another of me looking at one of his afc championship rings that his brother was showing me (he gave all of his rings to his brothers)... his house, which he has since sold, was incredible.. 16,000 sf i believe in one of the best lake neighborhoods around.. if someone can tell me how to post the pics i have on my computer, i will.

I remember that thread! :10:

Captain Obvious
05-29-2010, 12:49 PM
He talked a lot about some of the unpublicized things he does in the community,

Interesting.. by talking about it a lot perhaps hes hoping they wil become more public..

Typ0
05-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Did he even know he was being interviewed when you interviewed him?

Typ0
05-29-2010, 12:53 PM

This statement stinks of garbage. And you supposedly a bills football reporter? If he granted you an interview why the hell would you "want to do something different"? That would be like Franco American showing up on tuesday and deciding they were going to make Steak Au Poivre instead of spaghetti in a can.

patmoran2006
05-30-2010, 12:31 PM
This statement stinks of garbage. And you supposedly a bills football reporter? If he granted you an interview why the hell would you "want to do something different"? That would be like Franco American showing up on tuesday and deciding they were going to make Steak Au Poivre instead of spaghetti in a can.

We were at a High School wrestling awards function, and considering I had a tape recorder in his face, then yes I'd say he knew he was being interviewed.

As for the topic of conversation, it centered around what was going on with the night's festivities.

At any point of the thread, did I state anything regarding some kind of special interview with Jim Kelly where he opens up about the Buffalo Bills and anything involving the organization?

And I"m not a "Buffalo Bills reporter". I report on Buffalo Sports and some of his comments and insight had to do with Buffalo sports, not necessarily the Bills.

Ground Chuck
05-30-2010, 03:49 PM
If you are taking requests, I'd like to know what Kent Hull thinks of motocross as well. I've always wondered that.

patmoran2006
05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
If you are taking requests, I'd like to know what Kent Hull thinks of motocross as well. I've always wondered that.
Bills original trainer Ed Abramoski prefers his pasta without meat sauce on it. There's your memorial day exclusive.

Typ0
05-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Thanks, that explains a lot.

We were at a High School wrestling awards function, and considering I had a tape recorder in his face, then yes I'd say he knew he was being interviewed.

As for the topic of conversation, it centered around what was going on with the night's festivities.

At any point of the thread, did I state anything regarding some kind of special interview with Jim Kelly where he opens up about the Buffalo Bills and anything involving the organization?

And I"m not a "Buffalo Bills reporter". I report on Buffalo Sports and some of his comments and insight had to do with Buffalo sports, not necessarily the Bills.

Historian
05-31-2010, 07:40 AM
I saw Brian Moorman at Ilio's last night on a date!

:)

Ground Chuck
05-31-2010, 08:14 AM
Bills original trainer Ed Abramoski prefers his pasta without meat sauce on it. There's your memorial day exclusive.

Next time you see Ed, ask him what he thinks about women's lacrosse

B-DON
05-31-2010, 09:18 AM
Next time you see Ed, ask him what he thinks about women's lacrosse
Cmon now man, grow up a lil and get off pats back