PDA

View Full Version : Nobody here should ***** if Edwards gets the QB job!

HHURRICANE
05-28-2010, 09:33 AM
I have said all along that in an open competition that Edwards should be talented enough to win the starting job.

With that said if he doesn't win the job the only one to blame will be himself. I am convinced that this is as open and fair a competition that we'll ever see at OBD.

Everyone has their opinion on who the starter should be and I respect that. However, if Fitzpatrick or Brohm can't win the job this off-season than the *****ing needs to stop and we need to realize that the Qb talent isn't here yet.

TacklingDummy
05-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Even if he does win the starting spot he won't last 4 games.

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 09:42 AM
Everyone has their opinion on who the starter should be and I respect that. However, if Fitzpatrick or Brohm can't win the job this off-season than the *****ing needs to stop and we need to realize that the Qb talent isn't here yet.

I think we need to realize that anyway. None of the QB's on the current roster are NFL-caliber starters, which doesn't really bother me since our OL is going to get our QB killed anyway. Fix the OL and get a QB next off-season. In the meantime, we're just going to have to suffer through another season of bad QB play.

FlyingDutchman
05-28-2010, 09:43 AM
ok deal, just as long as you dont ***** if he sucks

buffalobillsfan95
i can see trents stats now
"1 touchdown, 12 interceptions, and 18 passing yards, with one 5 yard bomb"
and thats over 5 games because he will be hurt by then

Mike13
Bring back Loseman?

HHURRICANE
05-28-2010, 09:46 AM
ok deal, just as long as you dont ***** if he sucks

To Op's point I don't think any of our QB's are going to get a fair shot behind that o-line.

Edwards does not look like the same player that showed up here a few years ago. So if he loses the job in camp shame on him.

The only saving grace is that Gailey seems to be implementing an offense that is going to be dump offs to his RB and TEs. Edwards seems to thrive in that offense.

HHURRICANE
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
i can see trents stats now
"1 touchdown, 12 interceptions, and 18 passing yards, with one 5 yard bomb"
and thats over 5 games because he will be hurt by then

His stats are better than any of the QBs we currently have.

I actually see his stats being mediocre but low on the int count.

Hell he still has to win the job first!

buffalobillsfan95
05-28-2010, 09:48 AM
Bring back Loseman?
:hang:

SquishDaFish
05-28-2010, 09:56 AM
I dont think Gaileys offense is going to be dumpoffs. Look at his history that is not his MO sorry. Whomever wins the starting job will be supported period.

Jan Reimers
05-28-2010, 10:01 AM
I agree that it looks to be a fair and open competition. Therefore, none of us should *****, no matter who wins.

Yeah, right.

mayotm
05-28-2010, 10:12 AM
I have said all along that in an open competition that Edwards should be talented enough to win the starting job.

With that said if he doesn't win the job the only one to blame will be himself. I am convinced that this is as open and fair a competition that we'll ever see at OBD.

Everyone has their opinion on who the starter should be and I respect that. However, if Fitzpatrick or Brohm can't win the job this off-season than the *****ing needs to stop and we need to realize that the Qb talent isn't here yet.I can't believe it, but I agree with you.

DraftBoy
05-28-2010, 10:32 AM
Bring back Loseman?

Can't he signed with Seattle.

ddaryl
05-28-2010, 10:35 AM
The best QB in camp gets the job..

I'm curious to see what Gailey can do for all of our QB's and very curious to see how Edwards responds to Gaileys O.

I for one have 0 problems with this...

If Edwards tanks then we're going to be drafting top 10 again in a draft that has much better QB's to select from....

If Edwards doesn't last 4 games then we get to see Brohm or Brown and what Gailey can do with those guys...

In the ned its all good, and we'll be able to evaluate Gailey's ability to coach and make tough decisions

WeAreArthurMoates
05-28-2010, 10:54 AM

I flammed you months ago that Edwards wasn't the best option at qb. Boy was I wrong, I thought Brohm could win it but Trent will come out on top. Then next year, Levi will battle him for the number 1 spot.

trapezeus
05-28-2010, 11:20 AM
To Op's point I don't think any of our QB's are going to get a fair shot behind that o-line.

Edwards does not look like the same player that showed up here a few years ago. So if he loses the job in camp shame on him.

The only saving grace is that Gailey seems to be implementing an offense that is going to be dump offs to his RB and TEs. Edwards seems to thrive in that offense.

if you are dumping off to spiller and he's a guy who makes people miss, the offense may be boring and face 8 men in the box a lot, but we're going to hopefully get some different results.

I'd like to see one side of our line actually solidfy and be able to run the counter tray that thurman made his bread and butter. i think spiller could be a threat every play if they can get the blocking down.

if they do that, they might be able to buy edwards or whoever else some time on roll outs and deeper pass options.

Novacane
05-28-2010, 11:23 AM

Most of us already realize that. Open your eyes. Why do you keep saying everyone has an opinion who the starter should be? Because you think it should be Edwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most of us know they all are seriously flawed so give the job to the guy that blows the least in training camp.

TacklingDummy
05-28-2010, 11:31 AM

Maybe our o-line won't get a fair shot having crap behind center.

Cleve
05-28-2010, 12:24 PM
I will ***** about it because the incompetent management of the Bills has lead us to the point where a second-stringer like Edwards is now likely to be our starting quarterback.... again.

There was nothing Nix or Gailey could do about it - they were eff'ed by the previous management, and they had no real options in this year's draft or F.A. to fix this huge problem with the team.

Probably one of the reasons T.O. was shown the door - what's the point in paying a star receiver to be on the roster with Captain Checkley Von Checkdown at the helm?

Trent, gotta love your new J.P. Loose-Man look and hairdo, bub! Multiple concussions are a *****, aren't they?

ddaryl
05-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Probably one of the reasons T.O. was shown the door - what's the point in paying a star receiver to be on the roster with Captain Checkley Von Checkdown at the helm?

T.O. was shown the door for that tiny ass heart he has.

When he didn't make an effort to break up that INT late last season I knew he would not be back and rightfully so. I owuld be upset if we even tried to sign him this year.

As for Edwards.... new regime new coach new scheme....a 2nd chance to prove

If not we pick up a QB in 2011 from a better class of QB's which is what I hoped we would be looking at instead of reaching for the chump signal callers in the 2010 draft

New Ro's Greatest
05-28-2010, 01:08 PM

I agree with everything you said here. GO BILLS:kid:

billz83
05-28-2010, 01:58 PM
Edwards will most likely win and then he will get knocked outta the game with a concussion and it will be the same ol story put fitz in and watch him suck as bad as edwards..the qbz on this team are not good enough to be starters in the NFL..really is that simple..this organization should have done EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER to make moves to get a good QB in free agency and they didnt..

trapezeus
05-28-2010, 02:06 PM
if you thought being a competitive team was possible for 2010, then yes, the bills needed a qb this year.

if you realize that they are installing a new defense and a basic offensive identity, there is no harm in seeing where we end up after a season and see if the QB's get it at all and can stay healthy. if not, they are the major need as others hopefully are taken care of.

Not worried about this.

Thief
05-29-2010, 01:35 AM
I guess the best QB will win, and I reserve the right to ***** about it at any moment.

jamze132
05-29-2010, 02:31 AM
I don't have a lot fo faith in Trent, but the guy has been ****ed with ever since he came into the NFL.

Eventually
05-29-2010, 02:35 AM

Personally I'm not an Edwards guy, but if he wins the job, I have enough faith in Gailey to know it wasn't a biased decision it just that trent outperformed the other 3. That said I'm not expecting much from him, but am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that his first few years were really tainted by Jauron/Van Pelt et al..

IMO both Edwards and Brohm have that untapped Franchise potential in them, neither has done much with is to date, BB really hasn't had that much in game time to really evaluate either though, and Trent has played behind brutal make shift weak to weak lines too. I just don't see Fitz or Brown as franchise talent, whether Trent or Brohm do anything about making OBD's 2011 offseason decisions a very difficult one or not remains to be seen, and if the stars align and luck is cast down unto WNY and one of these guys happens to click on all cylinders in this Gailey offense than every Bills fan should be happy about that, regardless of who they like better. After all it really is about finding THE GUY, isn't it.

That all said I still see Brohm winning the job, just got a gut feeling about it, but all I can say to conclude this post is that this TC/preseason should be really fun to follow, and personally I don't expect a decision till after the last PS game, but do feel we'll all have a good idea after the first or second week of PS.

acehole
05-29-2010, 10:23 AM
"Captain Checkley Von Checkdown" OMG that **** was funny.

PromoTheRobot
05-29-2010, 11:33 AM
Whoever wins will be the best QB, or at least the least-worst one, we have. I don't think Gailey has a horse in the race.

PTR

Beebe's Kid
05-29-2010, 11:41 AM
I flammed you months ago that Edwards wasn't the best option at qb. Boy was I wrong, I thought Brohm could win it but Trent will come out on top. Then next year, Levi will battle him for the number 1 spot.

Way to admit you were wrong... I guess. I mean I thought Brohm was a better option, then when absolutely nothing happened to prove or disprove otherwise, I saw the light. When it became apparent that nobody was playing football, it became clear that Edwards was the better choice... If I had a dollar for every time Brohm lost a game for us, I'd (possibly) have a dollar.

The off season, and the comments made in the last couple of days show Trent is clearly the starter. Gailey hasn't said anything, and Trent is still in need of testicles, but a tip of the cap to him. He gutted it out.

I really feel that Gailey and Nix are as smart as some of the fans are, and see that Trent has no testicles, and that he gave up on his team last year. I really don't care if at the end of the day, he is the starter, because he is the best option, but in my eyes he would have the most to prove. Fitzy, aside from his lack of ability to throw a football, actually won a few games last year. Brohm, regardless of the fact that he was on GB's PS is a talented QB with a lot of potential. Edwards has let us down 2 years in a row. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that is was Richard Jauron's high powered attack that he failed in, but he has 2 strikes, in my eyes.

Maybe the picture will clear up as these guys actually have their hands of footballs, and are practicing....but maybe not, maybe the best way to determine the starter is to just argue about it before they even know the playbook.

Nighthawk
05-29-2010, 12:35 PM
I think we need to realize that anyway. None of the QB's on the current roster are NFL-caliber starters, which doesn't really bother me since our OL is going to get our QB killed anyway. Fix the OL and get a QB next off-season. In the meantime, we're just going to have to suffer through another season of bad QB play.

I've always said that a good QB makes the OL better. It isn't always just fixing the O-line...the QB has to be able to help the guys out up-front. I never understand why some people just fail to see this. (not directed at you OP, just an overall observation)

feldspar
05-29-2010, 11:04 PM
Nobody here should ***** if Edwards gets the QB job!

Nobody here or anywhere else should ***** no matter who wins the QB starter spot. Only problem is that people are generally a bunch of *****es.

HHURRICANE
05-30-2010, 08:58 AM
I've always said that a good QB makes the OL better. It isn't always just fixing the O-line...the QB has to be able to help the guys out up-front. I never understand why some people just fail to see this. (not directed at you OP, just an overall observation)

If the QB needs time to let a play develop downfield and only has 2-3 seconds in the pocket than it really doesn't matter how talented they are.

The games that Tom Brady has struggled in have always had to do with him not getting enough time in the pocket.

The idea that a good QB would make our line better is a pretty big stretch. This line was putrid last year and Peyton Manning would have struggled on this team.

Where Edwards deserves a beating is how he took getting demoted last year. Could you imagine Jim Kelly saying "okay, thanks for the shot". Edwards didn't act like the starter and if he doesn't get his swagger back he won't be the starter here or anywhere.

better days
05-30-2010, 01:39 PM
If the QB needs time to let a play develop downfield and only has 2-3 seconds in the pocket than it really doesn't matter how talented they are.

The games that Tom Brady has struggled in have always had to do with him not getting enough time in the pocket.

The idea that a good QB would make our line better is a pretty big stretch. This line was putrid last year and Peyton Manning would have struggled on this team.

Where Edwards deserves a beating is how he took getting demoted last year. Could you imagine Jim Kelly saying "okay, thanks for the shot". Edwards didn't act like the starter and if he doesn't get his swagger back he won't be the starter here or anywhere.

You only have to go back to the Flutie/Johnson era to see that a better QB can make an O line look better. A GOOD QB can buy time in the pocket. You see Brady & Manning do that all the time.

For that matter the O line last year looked better when Fitz was behind Center (as bad as he was) than when Trent was.

If Edwards was QB for NE or Indy he would still be himself (a mediocre QB at best).

SABURZFAN
05-30-2010, 10:46 PM
You only have to go back to the Flutie/Johnson era to see that a better QB can make an O line look better. A GOOD QB can buy time in the pocket. You see Brady & Manning do that all the time.

For that matter the O line last year looked better when Fitz was behind Center (as bad as he was) than when Trent was.

If Edwards was QB for NE or Indy he would still be himself (a mediocre QB at best).

the Bills don't have a Brady or Manning on this team.

and Fitz looked more like one of the Brady Bunch than Tom Brady.

says who? YOU?????????? puuuhleeease......... :rolleyes: