PDA

View Full Version : Would Crayton be an improvement?

THRILLHO
05-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Im not "that guy" that posts ''lets pick up every player that will be released", but would Crayton be an improvement over Parrish, Johnson, and the rookie? I think so.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/28/crayton-says-cowboys-betrayed-him-wants-to-be-released/

According to the article, he doesnt sound like he will be released, but it could happen. Or what about a trade for a lower round pick? Ive always liked Crayton, and he showed some skill last year and the year before.

So, improvement over our current WRs?

FlyingDutchman
05-28-2010, 03:52 PM
without a doubt he would be an improvement. will we get him?...no shot most likely

Jaybird
05-28-2010, 04:13 PM
He could help this team! bottom line... he is more proven then many of our WR

Bert102176
05-28-2010, 04:22 PM
hell yeah he could

k-oneputt
05-28-2010, 05:47 PM
no.

YardRat
05-28-2010, 07:38 PM
Evans is OK. Johnson, Hardy and Easley are still unproven. Jackson is on his last chance and hasn't done anything yet anyway. Parrish sucks.

Yeah...at this point he'd be an upgrade.

BillsWin
05-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Not over Marcus Easley... ;)

djjimkelly
05-28-2010, 09:48 PM
with what hes looking to get paid hes not an improvement

psubills62
05-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I think he'd be an improvement, though as djjimkelly mentioned, a contract might be a holdup. However, it seems to me that his main issue in Dallas is being able to compete for a starting spot. From what it sounds like, he's upset that he's not even being given a chance to compete for significant playing time. He'd easily have that here.

jamze132
05-29-2010, 02:35 AM
Crayton is Josh Reed with an ego.

Eventually
05-29-2010, 04:11 PM
with what hes looking to get paid hes not an improvement

Yeah that and maybe I'm the only one but I don't consider him to be anything more than an upgrade based upon what we've been able to see so far. Perhaps after the young guys get some time in, he wouldn't turn out to be an upgrade at all when all was said and done.

Personally if he's the addition I'm not as happy as probably most others, I really want to see these young receivers finally get the opportunity to showcase themselves. Johnson, Hardy, Roosevelt and Jones I'm really looking forward to watching in PS. Also looking forward to seeing Chad Jackson, but really not expecting anything from him based on his time in NE.
And also looking forward to see how Gailey will use Roscoe. Am really curious to see if it was just the old staffs inability to use him effectively and efficiently or that he wasn't used because he wasn't good at running the routes and easily got caught up in traffic because of his size.

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2010, 05:34 PM
i think he is better than josh reed but is not worth the price. i would rather the bills go with the rookies to see what they have.

Joe Fo Sho
05-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Why on earth is anyone worried about what he would cost??

BertSquirtgum
05-29-2010, 11:48 PM
Why on earth is anyone worried about what he would cost??
i don't even know why you would ask this question. do you really need an answer as to why anyone would be worried about over paying for an over hyped josh reed type with a young terrell owens attitude?

OpIv37
05-30-2010, 12:20 AM
i don't even know why you would ask this question. do you really need an answer as to why anyone would be worried about over paying for an over hyped josh reed type with a young terrell owens attitude?

is it your money?

There's no cap this year so what it would cost is irrelevant, as long as the contract was front-loaded.

Night Train
05-30-2010, 06:41 AM
If this year is a throw away season ( like many here are instructing us daily ) then why keep recycling vets instead of playing the young guys we actually know nothing about ? ( T.O. says hello )

Hmm.. giving guys with a possible upside an actual shot..what a novel idea... Keep drafting WR's like Hardy,Johnson, Easley etc. then toss them aside for someone off the waiver wire. :rolleyes: