PDA

View Full Version : LenDale White released - a trading partner for Lynch?

MikeInRoch
05-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Seattle released LenDale White today.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/archives/208172.asp

Maybe if they still want a running back they'll give us something more for Lynch...

hydro
05-28-2010, 06:20 PM
I think they still have a bunch. Just cutting the fat.

DBrown77
05-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Maybe the Bills didnt want Lynch at the OTA's because something is in the works. Yeah it's a stretch, but hey.

Ebenezer
05-28-2010, 06:54 PM
I'll be shocked if anything happens with Lynch either than him being cut.

OpIv37
05-28-2010, 06:58 PM
I love seeing USC guys fail.

nateodoms'bff
05-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Why would they trade him now? For what? A pick in next years draft? What good does that do THIS years team?

YardRat
05-28-2010, 09:35 PM

They might be catching up to Notre Dame...maybe.

SaviorEdwards
05-28-2010, 09:44 PM
LOL Lendale White......YOU SUCK!!!!

psubills62
05-28-2010, 10:30 PM

Especially considering it was his old coach that traded for him.

Liverpoolkev
05-29-2010, 04:21 AM
People get over your self Lynch is 24 yrs with three years left on his contract . The real football men are not going to let an asset get away . Fred jackson maybe ....Marshawn never ......so for all the people that want Marshawn gone keep smoking the "Pat Moran Russ Brandon" pipe because that has a much chance of that going down as Pat Moran actually having any factual news on what Buddy Nix , Modrak or Chan Gailey are planning or any real factual insight on the Bills other the Kelly wrestling puff pieces or the Thurman I mad that Marshawn wouldnt Kiss my a** and give my daughter an autograph piece....

Night Train
05-29-2010, 05:41 AM
White is facing a 4 game suspension and Lynch IS that type. Why would Seattle revisit that avenue ? But who really knows.

Lynch didn't exactly endear himself to this new staff with his no-show this week. I'm sure the Bills would still consider a 2011 draft pick or player, if offered.

TacklingDummy
05-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Why would Seattle cut one lazy player and trade for another?

WeAreArthurMoates
05-29-2010, 07:37 AM
Trade Lynch for Sean Locklear. Solid, young vet tackle and can play LT/RT.

jamze132
05-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Seattle was rumored to be after Lynch before, who knows if their interest will be renewed.

nateodoms'bff
05-29-2010, 07:54 AM
Trade Lynch for Sean Locklear. Solid, young vet tackle and can play LT/RT.

So the Bills trade a former 1st round pick/pro bowl/cornerstone of the run game, for a so so Tackle?

Has the Bills front office taught you nothing this year? They are not interested in any tackle except Gaither and thats at their price.

Trading a major piece of the run game for some scrub back up is not going to happen.

Marshawn Lynch will be a Bill this season, regardless of what Pat Moran says.

mikemac2001
05-29-2010, 09:41 AM
joe logan says the deal is final just awaiting physical

THATHURMANATOR
05-29-2010, 09:51 AM
I would just keep Lynch. Unless some team really ends up needing an RB due to preseason injury and blows the bills away with an offer.

El Guapo
05-29-2010, 10:06 AM
I love seeing USC guys fail. Lynch was A uCAL Golden Bear:jig:

psubills62
05-29-2010, 11:05 AM
Lynch was A uCAL Golden Bear:jig:

He's talking about Lendale White.

WeAreArthurMoates
05-29-2010, 11:22 AM
So the Bills trade a former 1st round pick/pro bowl/cornerstone of the run game, for a so so Tackle?

Has the Bills front office taught you nothing this year? They are not interested in any tackle except Gaither and thats at their price.

Trading a major piece of the run game for some scrub back up is not going to happen.

Locklear is very good RT, not so, so but also can man down the LT spot. That is much valuable to us right now rather than the 3rd running back on the depth chart. Locklear roughly gave up roughly 1 sack, 9 qb hits and 16 qb pressures, to me that's a monster upgrade.

PromoTheRobot
05-29-2010, 11:32 AM
Do you realize that Seattle burned 4 of their 7 picks in 2011 on LenDale and another RB, Leon Washington from the Jets? If you ran the Seahawks and you only have 3 picks left (1-2-3) and you just got burned trading for a player with a bad attitude, what would you do?

PTR

DraftBoy
05-29-2010, 12:20 PM
They might be catching up to Notre Dame...maybe.

When USC produces a player the caliber of Joe Montana call me.

Prov401
05-29-2010, 01:10 PM
When USC produces a player the caliber of Joe Montana call me.

OJ, Marcus Allen, Junior Seau, Ronnie Lott.

DraftBoy
05-29-2010, 02:58 PM
OJ, Marcus Allen, Junior Seau, Ronnie Lott.

My point still stands. None of those guys were to their position what Montana was to his. Maybe Lott, but that's debatable.

nateodoms'bff
05-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Locklear is very good RT, not so, so but also can man down the LT spot. That is much valuable to us right now rather than the 3rd running back on the depth chart. Locklear roughly gave up roughly 1 sack, 9 qb hits and 16 qb pressures, to me that's a monster upgrade.

Ok. So Locklear has stats from last season that are better than Bell's. And Meredith has no real stats from last year. He played one game at LT and did alright. So I understand the concern for a LT.

The Bills have made no real effort to get a LT via free agency or in the top of the draft, which to me indicates that they feel good enough about the guys that they have on the roster in Meredith and Bell. They made a play for Gaither, and based on the lack of a deal, it wasnt a desperate offer by any means. So that tells me that they are happy enough with what they have on the roster. They obviously have a plan for Ed Wang, and its probably going to be sooner than later.

Marshawn Lynch has proven talent. He makes plays he has to be schemed and defended against. People around the league know this. We know that several teams inquired about Lynch during the draft, so we know he has value. The Bills have given him a value as well. A 2nd Round pick. That means that this staff has a plan for Marshawn. My guess is that they want him to prove to them and his team that he can be the featured back. And my guess, and yes I'm an optimist, is that Lynch needed the extra week to prepare. And that he will show up on Tuesday and blow the doors off of the practice field.

You can quote me and use it any way you see fit. But I'm a Billiever, and this team has done it to me again. They've sucked me back in. And for some reason Marshawn Lynch is a big part of that. I firmly believe that this team will look nothing like last years team, and that we will see well coached games. A team that fights for every yard it gets win or lose. And Marshawn Lynch will be a huge part of that.

better days
05-29-2010, 09:59 PM
My point still stands. None of those guys were to their position what Montana was to his. Maybe Lott, but that's debatable.

Your point does not stand HOF players. BUT that was a LONG TIME AGO.

Griff
05-29-2010, 10:14 PM
People get over your self Lynch is 24 yrs with three years left on his contract . The real football men are not going to let an asset get away . Fred jackson maybe ....Marshawn never ......so for all the people that want Marshawn gone keep smoking the "Pat Moran Russ Brandon" pipe because that has a much chance of that going down as Pat Moran actually having any factual news on what Buddy Nix , Modrak or Chan Gailey are planning or any real factual insight on the Bills other the Kelly wrestling puff pieces or the Thurman I mad that Marshawn wouldnt Kiss my a** and give my daughter an autograph piece....

lol I love how you defend a guy that was TERRIBLE last year and has been a constant embarrassment to the team.

Griff
05-29-2010, 10:16 PM

cornerstone? :laughing: