ESPN Insider suggests a possible trade situation (RE: Lynch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

ESPN Insider suggests a possible trade situation (RE: Lynch)

I can't post insider on here, I am pretty sure it is against the rules of the board. But I read this on another message board:

"Andrew Auger of 12th Man Rising writes that a deal offering some combination of linebackers Will Herring, Leroy Hill and draft picks could get the job done"

Mike Sando of ESPN is quoted saying:

"Seattle might be happy enough with its current backs to proceed without adding another veteran. Lynch would be intriguing, though, at least in part because he roomed with Forsett at California and Forsett, who shows a positive attitude while doing everything coaches ask of him, might help smooth Lynch's transition to the Northwest."
    Will Herring: LB 26 years old, former fifth round pick (6'3'' 235lbs)
    Stats: 73 tackles 0 sacks

Leroy Hill: LB 27 years old, former 3rd round pick (6'1'' 238lbs)
    Stats: 375 tackles 14.5 sacks - Pro Bowl (1X)

A. Would you do a trade involving those players?
    B. Do you think Seattle is Lynch's destination?
    I am The Batman.
  • feldspar
    • Mar 2007

Re: ESPN Insider suggests a possible trade situation (RE: Lynch)

Not interesting in such a trade.

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Leroy hill is a very good player, but does come with some off field issues. YOU can never have enough Lb in the 3-4 D.

I would be all for it

Comment

• Griff
        • Jul 2008

both these guys seem a bit small for a 3-4.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

pass

Comment

• jimbledsoe
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
            pass

I do not know enough about these players to make an educated decision, but I would be happier if we traded Lynch for a strong left or right tackle. Although I do agree you can not have to many linebackers in the 3-4.

I am not sure why, but I trust Nix and Co. to make the right decision.

Go Bills

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

at this point, ANYTHING for Lynch is better than nothing. I don't know why people can't see that.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

I agree with Op but we really don't need LBs as the center point of the deal if we can get at least another LT to throw into the mix. But if all we could get are some small LBs, **** it.

Comment

• better days
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  at this point, ANYTHING for Lynch is better than nothing. I don't know why people can't see that.
                  I can't see it because Seattle offered two 4th rnd picks in the last draft according to reports. If the Bills trade Lynch it will have to be for more than that now.

Comment

• jimbledsoe
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by better days
                    I can't see it because Seattle offered two 4th rnd picks in the last draft according to reports. If the Bills trade Lynch it will have to be for more than that now.
                    I heard they offered a 3rd. Sorry no link

Comment

• Scumbag College
                      • Oct 2002

Exactly. I say it's pretty much certain that Lynch won't be here come Opening Day. If the Bills get anything or anyone for him in a trade, I say take it. Otherwise, he'll be cut before or during camp.
                      Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

I guess some of us would like to get SOMETHING - and something of value - for a former first round pick who has serious potential in what will be our heavily run-oriented offense.

Thankfully, our FO views personnel moves objectively, rather than with malice.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by jimbledsoe
                          I heard they offered a 3rd. Sorry no link
                          I remember hearing that too. And thinking that if a 3rd wasn't enough to get it done, Lynch figures significantly into Chan's plans.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Griff
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                            I remember hearing that too. And thinking that if a 3rd wasn't enough to get it done, Lynch figures significantly into Chan's plans.
                            it may have more to do with his perceived value, Nix doesn't want to give up a 1st round pick.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                              I guess some of us would like to get SOMETHING - and something of value - for a former first round pick who has serious potential in what will be our heavily run-oriented offense.

Thankfully, our FO views personnel moves objectively, rather than with malice.
                              If you want to say Lynch has more value to this team than what we'd get in a trade, fine. If you are suggesting that Lynch is worth more than this trade, you're simply wrong. The guy had a horrible year last year and is one mistake away from a suspension, not to mention the whole league knows we have Jackson and Spiller so he's all but expendable. It has nothing to do with malice- if you could look at it objectively, you'd see that he has no value.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X