PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Hardy Forsees Big Things

BillsWin
05-30-2010, 11:44 AM
FULL ARTICLE (http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/29/1065922/bills-hardy-forsees-big-things.html)

<!-- --> Is this the year James Hardy emerges as an impact wide receiver?
Now would be a good time to step up.
Terrell Owens is gone after one overly hyped season. The Bills also declined to re-sign long-time veteran Josh Reed, leaving the offense with a young, unproven corps of receivers behind Lee Evans.
There are a number of candidates for the No. 2 spot, with Steve Johnson, Chad Jackson and rookie Marcus Easley entered in the wide-open competition.
Head coach Chan Gailey said it's way too early to tell who will come out on top.

mikemac2001
05-30-2010, 12:32 PM
This could be one of those surprise guys...i like that we actually have an offensive mind to use players like these. with jauron and the goofs on offense they just were so timid

if hardy can break out as a big threat with evans you could see us scoring alot of points

BillsWin
05-30-2010, 03:07 PM
Hardy is one of many bubble players on this team who, if they perform at a high level, could help the team grow and potentially compete. The sad thing is there are too many players who need to play at a high this year to give us a good season. Other players I'd put on that list are any QB, Maybin, McKelvin, Evans, Spiller, Jackson, the starting left tackle, the starting right tackle, Troup and a few others.

mikemac2001
05-30-2010, 03:46 PM
our Dline is Key for the defense

QB And Oline need to be better though i feel with chan knowing what the **** he is doing on offense will be a huge difference

Typ0
05-30-2010, 03:59 PM
That is where the optimistic fans get their fuel. As long as 25 unkowns workout we'll be a good team. That never happens it's a process of weeding them out. Being a good team takes time and now we've changed staffs again and they have to start over with new systems.

Hardy is one of many bubble players on this team who, if they perform at a high level, could help the team grow and potentially compete. The sad thing is there are too many players who need to play at a high this year to give us a good season. Other players I'd put on that list are any QB, Maybin, McKelvin, Evans, Spiller, Jackson, the starting left tackle, the starting right tackle, Troup and a few others.

BillsWin
05-30-2010, 04:42 PM
That is where the optimistic fans get their fuel. As long as 25 unkowns workout we'll be a good team. That never happens it's a process of weeding them out. Being a good team takes time and now we've changed staffs again and they have to start over with new systems.

Never said it was going to happen. But, if those players were to work out, then we wouldn't be so bad this season.

Too bad it is near impossible for all those players to have breakout seasons and too many factors are going against Buffalo. Including the changed staffs and new systems.

Lack of a franchise QB and viable left tackle option are also things working against the Bills this year.

bflojohn
05-30-2010, 06:30 PM
A little optimism for the GO BILLS crowd, the San Francisco 49ers drafted an entire defensive backfield in the 1980 draft and guess what?? They all performed well and the 49ers went on to their first Super Bowl victory. Does it happen often, NO, but it has happened elsewhere, so why not in Buffalo in 2010?!?!

Night Train
05-30-2010, 08:17 PM
He'll get a legit shot to start.

Reportedly is putting in the long days at OBD and the coaches sure like that. He had no idea how to run patterns and was getting by on his athletic ability. Some good coaching and reps can only help this guy. He needs to stay healthy.

ServoBillieves
05-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Bout 80 other players forsee big things, show it on the field

jamze132
05-31-2010, 02:02 AM
If Hardy stays healthy, 2011 will be is "breakout" year.

YardRat
05-31-2010, 06:39 AM
A little optimism for the GO BILLS crowd, the San Francisco 49ers drafted an entire defensive backfield in the 1980 draft and guess what?? They all performed well and the 49ers went on to their first Super Bowl victory. Does it happen often, NO, but it has happened elsewhere, so why not in Buffalo in 2010?!?!

You might want to double-check that...

TacklingDummy
05-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Hardy isn't going to do crap without a QB who can get him the ball.

ddaryl
05-31-2010, 12:24 PM

It all comes downtown coaching/Gailey/scheme.

Gailey has gotten production from lesser qb's. So this will be an area where we will really see what Gailey can do for our offense.

I must admit, I am excited to see the new offense in action. I cannot fathom our O being worse then Dick's.

Typ0
05-31-2010, 12:53 PM
at least someone will stay steadfast about if the QB fails to produce it's because of the coaching.

DMBcrew36
05-31-2010, 10:16 PM
Confidence is good, but I don't give a sh** what Hardy says -- talk is cheap and you haven't proven ****, son... plus, as TacklingDummy reminds us, we have no one at QB

trapezeus
05-31-2010, 10:39 PM
i'm tired of reading these all talk articles every year. i want people to just do it. just go out there and do it.

i have hopes that we will improve, but i don't think that he's going to pan out.

Buffalogic
06-01-2010, 05:35 AM
i'm tired of reading these all talk articles every year. i want people to just do it. just go out there and do it.

i have hopes that we will improve, but i don't think that he's going to pan out.
I liked your post until the last sentence.

Hardy can still be a good player if he wants to badly enough. He has a couple things he needs to work on. He kind of plays soft and loses his position sometimes allowing much shorter dbs to make a better play on the ball. Also he plays stiff and it shows a lot in his route running as well as going up for the ball.

If he can add some more fluidity and some physicality into his game then he can be a really good player. Time will tell.

I think when it's all said and done Easely will be the number 2. That's not a knock on Hardy as much as it is high praise for Marcus and I think he will deliver.

justasportsfan
06-01-2010, 08:17 AM

In 2008, the Chiefs had no one to throw to Bowe and Gonzo. They had a qb who never started a NFL game who ended up throwing for 2600 yds. 18 TDS and 12INT in just 11 games starts that year ,under Gailey. This guy was drafted in the 7th rd. and cut by the team that drafted him.

I know Hardy is neither Bowe nor Gonzo. Just saying under Gailey, you'll never know.

trapezeus
06-01-2010, 09:50 AM
that's why i don't think he'll pan out. i think he's more focused on the nonfootball part of his life. he just doesn't have the drive. he's coasted on athleticism alone. He didn't play in a very difficult college system and just relied on being much faster. then he had a pass last year and got paid.

plus he's into modelling and what not. the guy isn't interested in football at this level.