PDA

View Full Version : Felser: Bills' running plan solid; Super Bowl in NY Not so Much

BillsWin
05-30-2010, 11:47 AM
FULL ARTICLE (http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/05/29/1065876/felser-bills-have-better-idea.html)

<!-- --> I first visited New York when I was 7 years old and I never really got over it. As it's said in so many songs, it's a great town: "Autumn in New York," springtime in Manhattan, summer in the Big Apple as long as you are near an air conditioner.
But a Super Bowl in New York? In the dead of winter? In an open stadium in New Jersey? There aren't enough snowplows, especially since it has become a February game, steadily encroaching upon Valentine's Day.

New Ro's Greatest
05-30-2010, 12:58 PM
Besides this past winter it has been nice in feb. in NYC/NJ. It hasn't really snowed at all. Yeah it might be cold but there is a great possibilty that no snow will be on the ground. GO BILLS:chug:

better days
05-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Besides this past winter it has been nice in feb. in NYC/NJ. It hasn't really snowed at all. Yeah it might be cold but there is a great possibilty that no snow will be on the ground. GO BILLS:chug:

There is also the great possibility that the game will be played in weather the likes of which the NFL has not seen since the NFL Championship was played in Green Bay.

New Ro's Greatest
05-30-2010, 01:30 PM
There is also the great possibility that the game will be played in weather the likes of which the NFL has not seen since the NFL Championship was played in Green Bay.

True. But when you play in open staduims you have the chance to deal with all kinds of bad weather. I think that it would be great to have a SB in snow if it happened. But the way it has been in NYC lately(the past 5-6 years in winter) it might be just like having the SB in any warm city. GO BILLS:drool2:

mightysimi
05-30-2010, 02:41 PM
I think it's great. Obviously warm weather teams have an advantage to playing in the heat having practiced and played in it all year. It would be nice to see the tables turned and take some of these teams out of their comfort zones.

Buffalogic
05-30-2010, 03:01 PM
I guess everyone forgot how the wind whips around and takes control of the game in the meadow lands. Everyone will pretend it's not a problem until the superbowl is ruined by it. Remember that crap game last yr between the jets and bengals? That game sucked so bad and a lot of it was because the wind was freaking out.

DynaPaul
05-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Stupid article. Cold weather IS football weather! Superbowl or not.

SquishDaFish
05-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Football is made to be played in the ELEMENTS! Its about time!

TacklingDummy
05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
Football is made to be played in the ELEMENTS! Its about time!
Sunny, warm, no rain or snow, you are right.

Typ0
05-30-2010, 10:44 PM
The meadowlands is a great place to have a superbowl. If it's a white out that would suck but the chances are very slim of that happening. The NFL should just make criteria to host the came based on infrastructure requirements and rotate to every market that meets the requirements.