http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/05/30/roundup-seahawks-shopping-for-running-back/

nothing ground breaking or anything but its bills news

clumping platelets
05-31-2010, 07:31 AM
Just get it done :rolleyes:

ddaryl
05-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I agree, git'er done.

Marshawn has worn out his welcome here. Not to mention how great it will be to have ammunition to move up further an draft a top qb in 2011

mightysimi
05-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Then why the rush? If we want to get something for Lynch for next draft, why not see if he can improve his stock this year? It can't get any lower. If he plays and plays well, we might have a better offer prior to the draft next year.

Oaf
05-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Then why the rush? If we want to get something for Lynch for next draft, why not see if he can improve his stock this year? It can't get any lower. If he plays and plays well, we might have a better offer prior to the draft next year.
Exactly!

If anything, trade him for a REAL outside linebacker or receiver and call it a day.

ddaryl
05-31-2010, 05:31 PM
I'm all for a proven vet, but if someone offers a 2nd then we jump.

Marshawn won't ever be worth more. His off field problems and his refusal to show up to OTA's screams problems ahead IMO.

Take the 2nd and run. Continue this rebuild with ammunition for next year.

BertSquirtgum
05-31-2010, 05:43 PM
i don't really care for him anymore but i don't think he's getting traded.

PromoTheRobot
05-31-2010, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I agree, git'er done.

Marshawn has worn out his welcome here. Not to mention how great it will be to have ammunition to move up further an draft a top qb in 2011

Yup, git'er dun! All we need is another team dumb enough to trade for Lynch. In case you forgot Lynch is one strike away from a possible one-year suspension. You would have to be desperate or a total meathead trade for a player like that.

PTR

Saratoga Slim
05-31-2010, 09:37 PM
i don't really care for him anymore but i don't think he's getting traded.

I don't see what the incentive is to trade him now. Everyone is apparently annoyed with his behavior, but let's not forget he's a talented back. A lot more so than Joique Bell or whoever his replacement mght be. I think Lynch has to figure into Gailey's plans for this year--he's a run-first coach, and I'm sure he knows that you can't count on Jackson/Spiller to both be healthy every week. Lynch may not have proven his worth as a first round pick, but he's still a weapon if used correctly, and Gailey knows he needs all the weapons he can get.

Moreover, Lynch may be embarassing to the front office, but if he was so embarrassing that they were looking to simply cut their losses and move on, he'd be gone by now. Plus, I have yet to hear that he's a bad locker room guy. I think that this is a brand new regime, and everyone's getting a fresh start. Lynch included. Finally, as everyone has noted, his value is at it's lowest point since he entered the league. Why sell low? Makes more sense to let him play out the season, and see what he can do - whether it's to prove his value to the team or on the market.

the arguments for dumping him now in favor of some average at best linebackers don't make any sense to me. If we're offered a 2nd, I'm sure Marshawn'll get moved. But I really don't think we're actively looking to get rid of him unless someone proactively coughs up significant compensation of that order. My bet is he's a running back for the Buffalo Bills this season.