PDA

View Full Version : RB rankings: Vikings edge Titans

The Spaz
05-31-2010, 02:49 PM
This is one of the most intriguing eras in NFL history when it comes to measuring running backs.

First, this is a period of running back conservation, when getting 300 carries is considered too much – a huge shift from the thinking that a great back should touch the ball at least 350 times. Instead, most teams use some version of a two-back attack, if not more. As a substitute of the bell-cow running back who gets 20 to 25 carries a game, teams alternate backs, often playing to situations based on the different talents of the rushers.

18. Buffalo Bills: Frankly, this is almost embarrassing. The Bills should be ranked a lot higher based on the physical skills of Marshawn Lynch, Fred Jackson and first-round pick C.J. Spiller. But Lynch has gone backward over his three-year career, Jackson has the look of a souped-up backup and Spiller has star ability, but it may not be as a pure runner. The most important decision new coach Chan Gailey has to make is who will be the guy to make the running game really go because he doesn’t have a clear choice.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-rbrankings053110

Typ0
05-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Defensive players have gotten both heavier and faster. They are running full speed and hitting RBs. Those guys can't carry the ball the way they used to and need the work/protection of a competent offensive line.

ParanoidAndroid
05-31-2010, 09:50 PM
Personally, I can't wait to see what these three can do this year, assuming Lynch is not traded.
Even with Lynch coming off a bad year, I just can't see how these three aren't one of the deepest groups of RB talent-wise in the entire league.

DMBcrew36
05-31-2010, 10:15 PM
I am one of the Bills biggest critics - the franchise is absolutely pathetic - BUT, if there's one area the Bills are solid at, it's running-back. I'm absolutely shocked the Bills would be ranked so low. I guess we'll see this season, and a lot depends on the o-line, but I doubt our RBs are in the bottom half of the league.

jamze132
06-01-2010, 01:25 AM
Not sure how I feel about the Vikes being ahead of the Titans. Chris Johnson doesn't fumble.