PDA

View Full Version : John Clayton on Riemersma

Tatonka
09-05-2002, 12:27 AM
on sportcenter, John clayton listed riemersma as the number 8 guy under pressure in the AFC, griese being the first..

he said.. since JR has resisted managements requests to lower his base salary, he had better make a good showing for himself this week in practice, or he many not see opening day..

sometimes i wonder if these guys just pull these comments out of their asses.. u know?

i mean seriously.. the odds the TD would cut JR days before the season opener is absolutely absurd.. right??

kgun12
09-05-2002, 12:33 AM
i would say wrong if we needed money or there was a DT or DE that was cut on last cut down day and we wanted him. If he comes out the first half of the season and plays like crap than bye bye, but I would think that Jay is safe until at least til next year

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-05-2002, 12:35 AM
It would be surprising, but wouldn't totally shock me. JR is overpaid, and his selfishness possibly cost us some DL help in the offseason.

justasportsfan
09-05-2002, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
sometimes i wonder if these guys just pull these comments out of their asses.. u know?

:moon: <---:biggrin:

With the way Drew has been talking about JR and how their play complements each other , I doubt JR is going anywhere. He's a huge part of the passing game. If the OL and running game get's going , we could have that same Bills offense that beat the Raiders 51-3 . It's only a matter of time. Hopefully Bledsoe doesn't get killed on the way.

northernbillfan
09-05-2002, 03:57 AM
JR reminds me of Pete Metzellars, who was a key component of the Bills Super Bowl runs.

SABURZFAN
09-05-2002, 05:40 AM
i think JR will earn his money this year.bledsoe had coates in new england and i can see the same situation happening here.i wouldn't cut him.

Ð
09-05-2002, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
It would be surprising, but wouldn't totally shock me. JR is overpaid, and his selfishness possibly cost us some DL help in the offseason.

Nah...pro sports & selfishness go hand in hand these days, or have you had your head buried in the sand? If I were Jay, I'd say **** you, TD...you either honor my contract or cut me/trade me. The lineup of teams willing to pick him up would be long, I would think.

colin
09-05-2002, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by BigDoug

Nah...pro sports & selfishness go hand in hand these days, or have you had your head buried in the sand? If I were Jay, I'd say **** you, TD...you either honor my contract or cut me/trade me. The lineup of teams willing to pick him up would be long, I would think.

Not this close to the start of the season. He would get small offers only. If we cut $2mil from each year of his contract, he would still be overpaid. He might just take the paycut.

casdhf
09-05-2002, 10:19 AM
he wouldn't get that kidna money anywhere...Butler already overpaid for a TE, doubt he would do it twice

SABURZFAN
09-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by casdhf
he wouldn't get that kidna money anywhere...Butler already overpaid for a TE, doubt he would do it twice

why not?he overpaid for 2 QB's when he was in buffalo.