PDA

View Full Version : how many games do you think we'll win?

buffalobillsfan95
06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
do the poll and explain your answer.

Pinkerton Security
06-01-2010, 09:16 AM
I think we'll win 5 or 6 games...We wont be as bad as the pundits think (Id be willing to bet most "experts" will have us winning 3 or 4 games max), but we wont be good...i think our new D is going to cause some problems for opposing coordinators, and Gailey's creativity will let a few of our playmakers win a couple games for us...other than that its gonna be a fairly long season.

justasportsfan
06-01-2010, 09:16 AM
5 games

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2010, 09:22 AM
2 or 3.

The defense will be brutal this year as they transition to the 3-4. We already know the offense will be bad, as they only have one WR. And the OT position is giant hole.

I do think that having a football guy like Nix will be good in the long run, but this year will be ugly.

HHURRICANE
06-01-2010, 09:34 AM
I think we'll win 8 games.

Just enough to give us no shot at any talent in 2011 draft.

soapman
06-01-2010, 09:54 AM
3-13

I can't see this offense getting us more than 13-17 points a game. Our defense is good, but it's not win championship alone good. We are in the 3-4 for the first time with 4 to 5 players that will be playing a new position for the first time. It just doesn't look as good as people thing and I'm as optimistic as anyone. I really see us in the bottom third of the league next year. Maybe top 5 draft pick bad....

Yasgur's Farm
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
5 to 8 wins...

1) I think Gailley equals 3 more wins than Jauron could avoid losing.
2) I think our O will score 4-5 more points per game on average.
3) I don't think our D will fold in the 4th quarter.
4) I think that our new strength and conditioning approach will cut our game missed injuries in half.

Bottom line... Gailey and a revamped team is at least equal to Jauron and the same old pussification... 7-9 is a reasonable expectation.

I'm looking forward to being proud of the Bills' efforts again.

BertSquirtgum
06-01-2010, 10:11 AM
bills will be 6-10 and you can take that to the bank

Historian
06-01-2010, 10:24 AM
Four games.

And we're better than Detroit, Oakland, and St Louis!

There...I've said it!

cocamide
06-01-2010, 10:52 AM
bills will be 6-10 and you can take that to the bank

I agree 100%.

cocamide
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Four games.

There...I've said it!

I think Oakland and Detroit will win more than four games. Oakland's team really isn't that bad, and Detroit will probably grab about five-six games.

DraftBoy
06-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Four games.

There...I've said it!

Ill give you St. Louis but Im far from convinced we are better than Detroit or Oakland.

DraftBoy
06-01-2010, 10:54 AM
Right now Im thinking 3-5 games and look at most likely 4-12 as our final record.

Jeff1220
06-01-2010, 10:56 AM
5-8 wins = status quo in Buffalo.

buffalobillsfan95
06-01-2010, 11:12 AM
the usual....... 7-9

DMBcrew36
06-01-2010, 11:16 AM
Anyone predicting better than 7-9 is high on something... 7-9 would be an accomplishment, with everything considered

madness
06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Anyone predicting better than 7-9 is high on something... 7-9 would be an accomplishment, with everything considered

The same could be said for those who predict less than 5 wins.

DMBcrew36
06-01-2010, 11:36 AM

Maybe, maybe not. It's far more likely for the Bills to lose a given game, than win a given game.

I personally would say 5 or 6 wins is likely.

DraftBoy
06-01-2010, 11:57 AM

Would it really though? Brand new defense that doesn't fit our personnel, no QB, no LT, new HC. Not exactly great odds for a 5+ win season. Especially considering we only went 6-10 last year.

Billz_fan
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
No vote yet, to early for my predict

DMBcrew36
06-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Would it really though? Brand new defense that doesn't fit our personnel, no QB, no LT, new HC. Not exactly great odds for a 5+ win season. Especially considering we only went 6-10 last year.

And we only have 1 top WR, and still nobody worth noting at TE

don137
06-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Way too many unknowns and adjustments to think anymore than 4-6 wins. Unknown at QB, second WR, OL gelling not to mention big hole at LT and Wood's recovery, front 7 on defense adjusting to 3-4, adjusting to Gailey's system.

madness
06-01-2010, 12:34 PM
Defense might actually stop the run this year, same QB's & LT's as last year, vastly improved offensive philosophy, improved conditioning

Bills went 6-10 and were arguably at least 4 botched plays away from a few more wins with a pop warner offense w/ multiple OC's (defense not that complicated either), one of the worse run D's in the NFL with a bum gameday HC and 21 players on IR which lead the OL "to field six different offensive tackles tandems and nine different offensive line combinations in 2009, and more than once had to get a newly signed player ready to start in a matter of four days or less."
(http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/kendall-simmons/3f590bda-14d5-4037-95c4-e48785a86bde/)

DraftBoy
06-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Defense might actually stop the run this year, same QB's & LT's as last year, vastly improved offensive philosophy, improved conditioning

Bills went 6-10 and were arguably at least 4 botched plays away from a few more wins with a pop warner offense w/ multiple OC's (defense not that complicated either), one of the worse run D's in the NFL with a bum gameday HC and 21 players on IR which lead the OL "to field six different offensive tackles tandems and nine different offensive line combinations in 2009, and more than once had to get a newly signed player ready to start in a matter of four days or less."
(http://www.buffalobills.com/team/roster/kendall-simmons/3f590bda-14d5-4037-95c4-e48785a86bde/)
I dont see the very first thing you even mention and I think that may be where we split on this. The 3-4 switch in no way means we will finally be able to stop the run. Especially without having a true NT. We can hope Troup, Harvey, or Williams can do it, but we don't know and I admittedly have less faith than others.

The other stuff you mention is true, but its going to take more than season for a new offensive philosophy and conditioning to show a huge yield in terms of wins.

BertSquirtgum
06-01-2010, 01:15 PM
it didn't take the dolphins more than a year. who says it will take the bills more than a year?

Jan Reimers
06-01-2010, 01:26 PM
They'll go 10-6. It's the offseason, and since they haven't come anywhere near playing yet, my optimism is still intact.

DraftBoy
06-01-2010, 01:32 PM
it didn't take the dolphins more than a year. who says it will take the bills more than a year?

Nobody but tell me who predicted the Dolphins to make a one year about face? It was more of an exception than a rule.

casdhf
06-01-2010, 01:54 PM
8-8

PromoTheRobot
06-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Dick(less) Jauron won 6-7 games the last three years with this same bunch of clowns. I can't see Gailey doing worse.

PTR

hydro
06-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Dick(less) Jauron won 6-7 games the last three years with this same bunch of clowns. I can't see Gailey doing worse.

PTR

That is like saying Tiger Woods should do just fine golfing lefty, he has had a great career. The team isn't the exact same. And with a lot of players making position changes because of a new defense I don't think it will be as easy as everything thinks/hopes it will.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Let me put it this way: it ain't gonna be pretty, and they ain't gonna get a good draft pick out of it.

YardRat
06-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Five minimum....you've got to be really damn bad to win 3 or 4, or less, and despite some of the changes (or lack thereof-cough...LT...cough) we're not in that category.

ZAZusmc03
06-01-2010, 07:14 PM
I'm going with 5 or 6 wins max. I think we see a different team that gives us hope for better play the following season, but isn't quite ready for success this season.

BillsWin
06-01-2010, 07:49 PM
6-8 games. I've said it all along. I think 8 is the higher end, 9 is a miracle, 7 is likely and 6 is more than likely.

mrbojanglezs
06-01-2010, 08:23 PM
we will win 7 or 8 games

ServoBillieves
06-01-2010, 08:52 PM
If CJ is the home-run hitter we think he is, followed by his and Freddy's elusiveness/power (respectively) through the holes and Lee's "Long-ass-touchdown-or-reception-regardless-of-who-is-throwing-the-ball" comes in to effect for the offense, we can win some games.

If the defense that looks good on paper can perform as well and show it on the field, that can also win some games.

If both can click for a full season, with decent O-Line play and the play of a healthy Derek Schouman, the emergence of Jackson/Hardy/Johnson/Easely, Nelson and Stupar lighting fires under each other and Captain Checkdown being promoted to General...

8 wins.

delectrolux
06-01-2010, 08:57 PM
16-0. My prediction every off season. That's why they play the games.

Philagape
06-01-2010, 09:10 PM
Dick Jauron and Perry Fewell as coach ...
Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm at QB ...
Demetrius Bell and Jamon Meredith at LT ...
Worst run defense in the NFL for most of the year ...

AND THEY STILL WON SIX GAMES

How can it go lower??

buffalobillsfan95
06-01-2010, 09:34 PM
if we do worse this year will people stop busting Dickey's balls?

Mr. Pink
06-01-2010, 09:51 PM
3 wins at most.

This is a weakly talented roster with a new coach and a complete defensive scheme change.

We still didn't do anything to address the porous O-line, we lost weapons on offense T.O. and Reed. We still have QBs that just outright blow.

tat2dmike77
06-01-2010, 09:57 PM
I think the team will be slow at the start of the season. We will see alot of mental break downs early in the seasons which will cost the Bills games.

I believe IF the team stays healthy then this team will play better as the season goes along. But the Bills won't be blowing anyone out. The second halk of the season is where the Bills might get most of thier wins. But only if the team is playing together as one unit.

Overall it will be a long tough season with some glimpses of hope here and there.

SABURZFAN
06-02-2010, 12:15 AM
not enough to make the playoffs.

Demon
06-03-2010, 12:26 AM
I voted 3 games. As noted above, the defense i think will be a major downgrade with the move to a 3-4. Not many teams have success with it right off the bat and let's not beat around the bush, the Bills don't exactly have elite talent. The offense remains a joke. Who will be #2 WR? When Edwards got injured last season late, i thought i'd never see him again, and bang, there he is, center of attention again.

I also agree with DR, i like having Whaley and Nix. Sometimes, a team must hit rock bottom before things can go in the right direction. We had a really good draft last year, gotta hope this years draft will work out as well and they need a very strong draft next year, especially need a game breaker star with their first pick.

I think they win 3 games and we'll be debating which QB we want them to draft during Thanksgiving weekend.

X-Era
06-03-2010, 05:23 AM
2 or 3.

The defense will be brutal this year as they transition to the 3-4. We already know the offense will be bad, as they only have one WR. And the OT position is giant hole.

I do think that having a football guy like Nix will be good in the long run, but this year will be ugly.

Thats where I'm at Doc. I can see the Browns, a surprise win, and maybe a win late in the year.

But with no real QB, all new schemes, and no real LT. I cant see us doing much of anything on offense. On defense, I actually think we will be better against the run. But, I cant see our OLB's being able to keep up against the pass since none of them have really done it in their careers. I think we will see lots of TE and slot receiver yardage that will keep the chains moving and wear our defense down.

PromoTheRobot
06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
I guess with such low expectations no one is ever disappointed. Stay sucky, my friends.

PTR

DMBcrew36
06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
I guess with such low expectations no one is ever disappointed. Stay sucky, my friends.

PTR

The Bills clearly deserve low expectations.

Novacane
06-04-2010, 12:23 PM
6 wins. They are not as bad as the doom and gloomers think and not as good as the homers think.

Cleve
06-04-2010, 01:22 PM
I'll go with the safe money and predict a 6-10 record, since that's what we've been for years. LOL! With the inability to get a good quarterback, and the total disarray the new regime inherited from Levy's boy Jauron, this year is basically a write off - I won't even begin to evaluate the Nix Gailey era's effectiveness until 2011.

Obviously, if the team surprises and squeaks out a wildcard berth, I'll begin praising them early.

madness
06-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Here's another make you :puke: stat:

Granted, the Bills offense line and quarterbacks did not play well last year, but the Bills were tied or led in the 4th quarter 14 games out of 16. That’s not to say the Bills could have been 14-2 last season, but what that says it that there is talent on the Bills roster. Gailey has a track record for getting the most out of his offensives. Not to insult these guys, but I don’t think anyone would consider Tomczak, Stewart, Fielder or Thigpen Hall of Fame QB’s.
http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14881

EDS
06-07-2010, 06:36 PM
If the defense that looks good on paper can perform as well and show it on the field, that can also win some games.

Does the defense really "look good on paper"? I ask because the linebacking crew is completely unproved at the OLB position, and neither Mitchell nor Davis is a top not ILB. NT is a question mark to be sure. Assuming Schobel is gone, there is no proven pass rusher. To me, those are some big question marks. Add in the new scheme, reliance on a few youngsters and a division that will yield six tough games . . .

djjimkelly
06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
itll be 6 although i wish it was only 2 so we can get a top 3 pick