PDA

View Full Version : Bold Prediction - Web Article

soapman
06-01-2010, 09:20 AM
3. The Bills will go 1-15. They'll get their lone win in Week 14 against the Browns. Faced with an absolutely brutal schedule and the league's least talented passing game, new coach Chan Gailey is in for a long year.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=59&articleid=35419

I actually kind of agree. I can see this happening...

HHURRICANE
06-01-2010, 09:36 AM
The Bills will win 8 games.

If Gailey goes 1-15 he'll be gone.

The Bills might have a better defense than people realize.

If the offense can establish a running game I could see them winning 8 games.

McBFLO
06-01-2010, 09:36 AM
I don't see them being that bad, but I have a hard time seeing any more than 5 or 6 wins.

soapman
06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
I really don't see 1-15 myself but I can't see this offense getting us more than 13-17 points a game. Our defense is good, but it's not win championship alone good. We are in the 3-4 for the first time with 4 to 5 players that will be playing a new position for the first time. It just doesn't look as good as people thing and I'm as optimistic as anyone. I really see us in the bottom third of the league next year. Maybe top 5 draft pick bad....

trapezeus
06-01-2010, 09:53 AM
i see three wins, but like any poll, that is +/- 3 wins. :-)

but seriously, even with the new defense and offense, we are returning about 80% of last year's players. yes some of them were under utilized under jauron. but to think you are going to get improvements from everyone is unrealistic.

Therefore, with ungrades in the draft and new schemes, they'll take steps back to take future steps forward. i can see them still losing close games because they don't know each other well. but i don't think they'll lose games because they are soft and running out of gas like last year.

i have 3 wins as my low and 5 wins as my high.

BillsWin
06-01-2010, 10:07 AM

What? Where is the real HH and what have you done with him?

dannyek71
06-01-2010, 10:10 AM
5-11

hydro
06-01-2010, 10:17 AM

He will not be gone with a 1-15 season. Rebuilding a team right now with no expectations. Ralph wouldn't do that...

PromoTheRobot
06-01-2010, 02:09 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=59&articleid=35419

Not a chance this will happen. Not a chance.

PTR

PromoTheRobot
06-01-2010, 02:11 PM
i see three wins, but like any poll, that is +/- 3 wins. :-)

but seriously, even with the new defense and offense, we are returning about 80% of last year's players. yes some of them were under utilized under jauron. but to think you are going to get improvements from everyone is unrealistic.

Therefore, with ungrades in the draft and new schemes, they'll take steps back to take future steps forward. i can see them still losing close games because they don't know each other well. but i don't think they'll lose games because they are soft and running out of gas like last year.

i have 3 wins as my low and 5 wins as my high.

You act like learning a new offense is like learning quantum mechanics. The Dolphins were 1-15 and won 11 games the next year. We will do okay.

PTR

User Manuel
06-01-2010, 02:20 PM
If my option is between 5-11 and 1-15, I'll take 1 and 15.

T-Long
06-01-2010, 02:25 PM
1-15 is a ridiculous prediction. This team as it stands is at least a 6 game winner...possibly more. Saying the Bills will win only one game is garbage.

Beebe's Kid
06-01-2010, 02:30 PM
Buffalo is going to the Super Bowl.

DesertFox24
06-01-2010, 02:32 PM
The bills won 6 games last year with horrible coaching and turmoil and should have won two other with late 4th quarter leads (pats and jags), also were in a lot of other games.

That being said my hope is for 7 and 9, but if we get hot and some of these teams struggle like some always do 8 wins if like HH says.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-01-2010, 02:35 PM

I totally agree

Beebe's Kid
06-01-2010, 02:39 PM
My bold prediction...Evan Silva in a steel cage mage with Poz...

My prediction for the fight? Pain.

Forward_Lateral
06-01-2010, 03:25 PM
I can see them winning anywhere from 3 to 8.

Philagape
06-01-2010, 04:09 PM
It's hard to imagine things being worse than last year with the coaches, QBs, tackles and run defense they had, and yet they still won six. All four of those areas have nowhere to go but up, or status quo at worst. So how anyone can predict below 5-11 is beyond me.

YardRat
06-01-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm not expecting it, but 8-9 wins is doable. Realistically anywhere from 5-7 is probably where they'll fall.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-01-2010, 06:32 PM
There's one major flaw in this argument: the Bills always lose against the Browns, so it won't be them. With the confederacy of dunces at QB and LT, and a mediocre WR squad, 8 men in the box would still beat this passing game. It would take a miracle for this defense to gel enough to get back to last year's results, because they will make no progress on the offensive side of the ball. Spiller will be a dud-- mark it.

Nighthawk
06-01-2010, 06:43 PM
This kind of **** makes me laugh. Umm, for the slow people in the media...Dickey was THAT bad and was the worst coach in the NFL. Gailey is notorious for making QB's better and will probably do so here. How does that add up to a worse team then the one we watched for the past few seasons under Jauron??? This article is stupid.

SquishDaFish
06-01-2010, 06:45 PM
No way in hell. I see the coaching change from a crap soft coach to Gailey at least 1-3 more wins. I also think the Defense will be even better then last year. Add in the chances our running game improves even more I see 10-6 season with an 8-8 at worse.

hydro
06-01-2010, 07:03 PM
:rofl: People are going to have a rude awakening this fall...

BertSquirtgum
06-01-2010, 08:12 PM
:rofl: People are going to have a rude awakening this fall...
you mean when the bills are 6-3 after week 10? yeah, that would probably wake some people up.

Mr. Pink
06-01-2010, 11:07 PM
My Bold Prediction? People on this board will hate Chan more than Dick Jauron come week 10.

better days
06-02-2010, 01:43 AM
My bold prediction? After week 10 & seeing the Bills put some points on the board, seeing the Bills play to WIN not playing not to lose, Bills fans will be in love with Chan even if the Bills have not won many games.

Night Train
06-02-2010, 03:24 AM

Because Evan Silva (who?) says so. :rofl:

Ahhhh...the world of wannabe bloggers with zero credibility...long may we quote.

Historian
06-02-2010, 06:45 AM
4 or 5 wins.

We still have some playmakers on defense.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
06-02-2010, 06:56 AM
How the hell can you make predictions at this time? There are too many factors that come into play from now till opening day. I will wait till preseason to judge where the team is.

dannyek71
06-02-2010, 07:11 AM
There's one major flaw in this argument: the Bills always lose against the Browns, so it won't be them. With the confederacy of dunces at QB and LT, and a mediocre WR squad, 8 men in the box would still beat this passing game. It would take a miracle for this defense to gel enough to get back to last year's results, because they will make no progress on the offensive side of the ball. Spiller will be a dud-- mark it.

Even good rbs still need someone to block for them.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-02-2010, 08:34 AM
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I see this team as a 5-11 team right now.

soapman
06-02-2010, 09:52 AM
It's a sad day in Buffalo Bills history right now. We're fight over what our LOSING record will be. We get lower and lower every year...

PromoTheRobot
06-02-2010, 10:14 AM
This thread is proof that most BZ posters suffer from memory loss. This is the same argument we have every year. This team is supposed to be 1-15 every year and we win 6-7. B-O-R-I-N-G-!

PTR

ParanoidAndroid
06-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm not so sure this defense is going to be better. The cover-2 is no one's favorite but this team ran it several years and had gotten pretty efficient with it. The offense just was not suited to compliment the defense.
The defense will not be as good, but the offense should put up more points. I'm seeing some good home wins against the Lions, Jags, Steelers, and Bears, but not much on the road except the Cheifs. This is the year we finally get a win against NE. 6-10

feldspar
06-02-2010, 12:56 PM
The Bills didn't address their needs at LT and QB; therefore they are going to be the worst team in the league or close to it.

It's called lazy reporting. A lot of these Internet hacks know nothing about the Bills. They regurgitate what they hear, a lot of them.

Turf
06-02-2010, 01:58 PM
This team had enough talent to win 7 games the last few years with a horrendous coaching staff that cost us at least two to three games. I say this team will win 10-11 games this year. That's how bad last years staff was. Winning seven games with them really was an amazing accomplishment for the players.

mightysimi
06-02-2010, 04:38 PM
I agree that it's way too early to make predictions. There is so many chances for injuries from now until the season starts that it could change the whole dynamic with a few popped ACL's.

That being said, I think 10 wins is a little much but I think 6-8 is a reasonable assessement.

Turf
06-02-2010, 04:48 PM
I'm usually not optimistic, but if you factor in coaching, was last years talent that bad? If you add legitimate schemes and take away the negatives from last year, 2-3 more wins isn't that nuts.
Look at what this staff did right away with line play. They essentially took our entire D-line and made them linebackers. What does that say about how we were using our people. If they can fix the lines we could suprise a lot of people and they seem to be intent on doing that.

jamze132
06-03-2010, 04:26 AM
3-5 wins in 2010.

Damn, thats gonna be a lot of babies to kick...

Johnny Bugmenot
06-03-2010, 09:49 AM
This thread is proof that most BZ posters suffer from memory loss. This is the same argument we have every year. This team is supposed to be 1-15 every year and we win 6-7. B-O-R-I-N-G-!

PTR
I'm not sure if I was here posting last year, but the last offseason I was, I distinctly recall that this team would go another 7-9. Bad enough to miss the playoffs, good enough to miss out on a good draft pick.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-03-2010, 09:55 AM
The Bills didn't address their needs at LT and QB; therefore they are going to be the worst team in the league or close to it.

It's called lazy reporting. A lot of these Internet hacks know nothing about the Bills. They regurgitate what they hear, a lot of them.
Shut the f*** up, all right? You know what? I'm sick and tired of hearing this bull**** about how anyone who doesn't think that Demetrius Bell is an NFL starting left tackle is some mindless hack! It's an insult to intelligence. Of course, a lot of homers like to be blind and stupid-- just like cult members. Bell isn't fit to sniff the jock strap of a starting NFL left tackle, and neither is Jamon Meredith. I'd rather have Kirk Chambers, a career backup, ahead of either one. The other fact: take a look at the starting LTs in this league, and how many are top-10 draft picks. Buffalo needed a franchise LT. They needed to trade up to get him if necessary (and the Redskins were a prime candidate to do it). They didn't even try, and were more interested in trading down instead. This team doesn't need more prospects. It needs more stars that can contribute now. They were so focused on overhauling the defense that they completely neglected their most pressing need.

This team does not have the talent to compete with the rest of the NFL. The past 10 years should clearly show that. Statistically they have been near the bottom in most categories every year, especially on offense. The only exception is special teams, and Moorman and Lindell aren't getting any younger! Part of that is the fans' continual clinging to the open air stadium in Buffalo that wreaks havoc with the Bills' own passing game. Part of it is just a lack of talent.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
This team does not have the talent to compete with the rest of the NFL. The past 10 years should clearly show that. The past 10 years should clearly show that. Statistically they have been near the bottom in most categories every year, especially on offense.

We didn't have an offensive minded coach the last 10 years. All we had were DC's calling the shots offensively except when Gilbride was the OC and we weren't at the bottom.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-03-2010, 10:04 AM
We didn't have an offensive minded coach the last 10 years. All we had were DC's calling the shots offensively except when Gilbride was the OC and we weren't at the bottom.
Mularkey?

As for Gilbride, he lasted all of about two months before the wheels fell off-- and that was with Bledsoe!

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Mularkey?!oops. Forgot about him. Thats how bad he was a HC. Forgetable.

As for Gilbride, he lasted all of about two months before the wheels fell off-- and that was with Bledsoe!

just pointing out, we weren't bottom the last 10 years offensively. If it weren't for TD pushing Gilbride down GW's throat, we may have been at the bottom. Not that I was impressed with Gilbbrides, pass,pass,pass offense when he was here.

Griff
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Jimmy Johnson had a 1-15 record his first year with Dallas

Griff
06-03-2010, 12:09 PM
I'm not expecting it, but 8-9 wins is doable. Realistically anywhere from 5-7 is probably where they'll fall.

12 wins or more is doable, virtually impossible, but still doable I agree that we'll probably get 5-7, but it always seems like there is one team that does unexpectedly well, hopefully it will be Buffalo this year.