• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Italian Stallion
    Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

You know what I hope?

That Steve Johnson gets cut. Very soon.

I'm SOOOOOOO SICK of hearing about everyone's unexplainable man crush with him and how much "potential" he has. He is a scrub, 7th round pick that can't get on the field for one of the WORST TEAMS in the NFL.

He has never done anything in this league worthwile. Period.

Whats his claim to fame? What makes his fans drool so much that they call him the pet name"Stevie" like he's already famous?

Is it because he has dreds?

Is it because he has youtube "rap" videos about insignifigant things?

Is it because he's a WR that wears #13?

That's about all I can come up with folks...so yeah I hope he gets cut and goes to any other team. I would then LOVE to read their Message Boards and see what the fans are saying...maybe stuff like:

"Oh we claimed Steve Johnson off waivers from the Bills...cool I guess?"

"Camp Fodder"

"Ya we made a move today..anyone EVER heard of this guy?"
    BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • tampabay25690
    • Feb 2004

Re: You know what I hope?

HA HA HA
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

who is steve johnson?
      The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

• Nighthawk
        Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Italian Stallion

I'm SOOOOOOO SICK of hearing about everyone's unexplainable man crush with him and how much "potential" he has. He is a scrub, 7th round pick that can't get on the field for one of the WORST TEAMS in the NFL.

Whats his claim to fame? What makes his fans drool so much that they call him the pet name"Stevie" like he's already famous?

That's about all I can come up with folks...so yeah I hope he gets cut and goes to any other team. I would then LOVE to read their Message Boards and see what the fans are saying...maybe stuff like:

"Camp Fodder"

You do realize you are now one of "those" people who keeps starting threads about Johnson?

Comment

• Italian Stallion
          Knows More Than You
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nighthawk
          You do realize you are now one of "those" people who keeps starting threads about Johnson?

HAHA yes good point.

But stating that I hope he gets cut and stops wasting a roster spot is way different than talking about his "captivating" tube clips of his "raps" and gushing over him like a little schoolgirl with a crush.

I'M SICK OF STEVE JOHNSON. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE.
          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

It's not Johnson's fault that some posters here overvalue his so-far meager accomplishments. Cut the Johnson-loving Zoners!
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Personally, as a Bills fan, I hope he has 1500 yards receiving next year and 12 TDs.

Rooting for a player on your team to fail is stupid.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                The Voice of Reason
                • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                Personally, as a Bills fan, I hope he has 1500 yards receiving next year and 12 TDs.

Rooting for a player on your team to fail is stupid.
                One post away from me saying it.

The Johnson love for nothing is obviously much, but why not put it as "I hope Stevie Johnson lives up to the hype given to him around here."?
                Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• homeslice5484
                  • Jul 2008

Yeah lets root for players to fail...cause we haven't been a failing team for the last 10 years anyways.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Italian Stallion

"Camp Fodder"

What's funny to me is that if you adjust this point a little bit (names, numbers, that sort of thing), but keep the meaning the same, you're describing the guy that everyone wants to start opposite Evans this year: James Hardy.

I'm not exactly big on Johnson, I think he could be an OK slot guy. Heck, he's proven more than nearly all our current WR's have. Hardy? Easley? Huggins? What have these guys proved to say that they're so much better than Johnson?

And come on...you're using the fact that Dick Jauron kept him off the field against him? Everyone should know better than to say that by now.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• homeslice5484
                      • Jul 2008

Steve has been at the facility every day even though its been optional. Hes been studying the playbook non stop. Now he just has to prove the haters wrong.

But hoping a guy fails, especially when we have no proven WR besides Evans on this team is just ******ed. What the heck has Hardy done? Steve has done more than he has in his limited opportunities. Hardy couldn't even figure out how to run a route in some of those games he started. I hope Hardy does well also...but the other guys besides Evans have done no more than Steve has.
                      Last edited by homeslice5484; 06-01-2010, 02:17 PM.

Comment

• User Manuel
                        The Artist formerly Known as Lawesome97
                        • Nov 2003

Actually met him with my son the other day at the Bisons game. He was extremely nice, had NO dreads and took time to talk to my boy.

You dont get a ton of that anymore.

The guy was a great college WR and he has just as much a chance to be good as anyone else.... I suppose the question is more to you. Do you hate him because:

1) He has dreads?
                        2) Because other people like his underdog story?
                        3) Because he raps?
                        4) Because he wears 13?
                        5) Because last year he couldn't beat out TO and Lee Evans?

hmmmm....... then again, I suppose Wayne Chrebet sucked too.....

Comment

• homeslice5484
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Lawesome97
                          Actually met him with my son the other day at the Bisons game. He was extremely nice, had NO dreads and took time to talk to my boy.

You dont get a ton of that anymore.

The guy was a great college WR and he has just as much a chance to be good as anyone else.... I suppose the question is more to you. Do you hate him because:

1) He has dreads?
                          2) Because other people like his underdog story?
                          3) Because he raps?
                          4) Because he wears 13?
                          5) Because last year he couldn't beat out TO and Lee Evans?

hmmmm....... then again, I suppose Wayne Chrebet sucked too.....
                          He is very down to earth and outgoing. Ive met him quite a few times. It is a player like that with talent that we hope succeeds. Too many get caught up in the money and fame. I hope he plays well, does not get injured, and is able to contribute to the future success of the team. It is all up to him to prove the doubters wrong, and I believe he will.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

i'm willing to see what johnson has. let's admit that jauron had no eye for talent. often times he sat people who were better than the people he started. Fred Jackson is one. Trent edwards was better than losman, byrd didn't start the season.

And the few times he's been out there and been thrown to he made catches.

So on that basis, i'm willing to see if a real coach feels like he is good. i hope he breaks out this season. i have more hope for them than for hardy at this stage.

Comment

• DrGraves
                              • Mar 2008

steve johnson hasn't earned **** yet. i hope he succeeds but im not giving him any props until he does something on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X