PDA

View Full Version : You know what I hope?

Italian Stallion
06-01-2010, 11:52 AM
That Steve Johnson gets cut. Very soon.

I'm SOOOOOOO SICK of hearing about everyone's unexplainable man crush with him and how much "potential" he has. He is a scrub, 7th round pick that can't get on the field for one of the WORST TEAMS in the NFL.

He has never done anything in this league worthwile. Period.

Whats his claim to fame? What makes his fans drool so much that they call him the pet name"Stevie" like he's already famous?

Is it because he has dreds?

Is it because he has youtube "rap" videos about insignifigant things?

Is it because he's a WR that wears #13?

That's about all I can come up with folks...so yeah I hope he gets cut and goes to any other team. I would then LOVE to read their Message Boards and see what the fans are saying...maybe stuff like:

"Oh we claimed Steve Johnson off waivers from the Bills...cool I guess?"

"Camp Fodder"

"Ya we made a move today..anyone EVER heard of this guy?"

tampabay25690
06-01-2010, 11:58 AM
HA HA HA

more cowbell
06-01-2010, 12:01 PM
who is steve johnson?

Nighthawk
06-01-2010, 12:02 PM

I'm SOOOOOOO SICK of hearing about everyone's unexplainable man crush with him and how much "potential" he has. He is a scrub, 7th round pick that can't get on the field for one of the WORST TEAMS in the NFL.

Whats his claim to fame? What makes his fans drool so much that they call him the pet name"Stevie" like he's already famous?

That's about all I can come up with folks...so yeah I hope he gets cut and goes to any other team. I would then LOVE to read their Message Boards and see what the fans are saying...maybe stuff like:

"Camp Fodder"

You do realize you are now one of "those" people who keeps starting threads about Johnson?

Italian Stallion
06-01-2010, 12:38 PM
You do realize you are now one of "those" people who keeps starting threads about Johnson?

HAHA yes good point.

But stating that I hope he gets cut and stops wasting a roster spot is way different than talking about his "captivating" tube clips of his "raps" and gushing over him like a little schoolgirl with a crush.

I'M SICK OF STEVE JOHNSON. ENOUGH ALREADY PEOPLE.

Jan Reimers
06-01-2010, 01:55 PM
It's not Johnson's fault that some posters here overvalue his so-far meager accomplishments. Cut the Johnson-loving Zoners!

Dr. Lecter
06-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Personally, as a Bills fan, I hope he has 1500 yards receiving next year and 12 TDs.

Rooting for a player on your team to fail is stupid.

ServoBillieves
06-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Personally, as a Bills fan, I hope he has 1500 yards receiving next year and 12 TDs.

Rooting for a player on your team to fail is stupid.

One post away from me saying it.

The Johnson love for nothing is obviously much, but why not put it as "I hope Stevie Johnson lives up to the hype given to him around here."?

homeslice5484
06-01-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah lets root for players to fail...cause we haven't been a failing team for the last 10 years anyways.

psubills62
06-01-2010, 02:09 PM

"Camp Fodder"

What's funny to me is that if you adjust this point a little bit (names, numbers, that sort of thing), but keep the meaning the same, you're describing the guy that everyone wants to start opposite Evans this year: James Hardy.

I'm not exactly big on Johnson, I think he could be an OK slot guy. Heck, he's proven more than nearly all our current WR's have. Hardy? Easley? Huggins? What have these guys proved to say that they're so much better than Johnson?

And come on...you're using the fact that Dick Jauron kept him off the field against him? Everyone should know better than to say that by now.

homeslice5484
06-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Steve has been at the facility every day even though its been optional. Hes been studying the playbook non stop. Now he just has to prove the haters wrong.

But hoping a guy fails, especially when we have no proven WR besides Evans on this team is just ******ed. What the heck has Hardy done? Steve has done more than he has in his limited opportunities. Hardy couldn't even figure out how to run a route in some of those games he started. I hope Hardy does well also...but the other guys besides Evans have done no more than Steve has.

User Manuel
06-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Actually met him with my son the other day at the Bisons game. He was extremely nice, had NO dreads and took time to talk to my boy.

You dont get a ton of that anymore.

The guy was a great college WR and he has just as much a chance to be good as anyone else.... I suppose the question is more to you. Do you hate him because:

1) He has dreads?
2) Because other people like his underdog story?
3) Because he raps?
4) Because he wears 13?
5) Because last year he couldn't beat out TO and Lee Evans?

hmmmm....... then again, I suppose Wayne Chrebet sucked too.....

homeslice5484
06-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Actually met him with my son the other day at the Bisons game. He was extremely nice, had NO dreads and took time to talk to my boy.

You dont get a ton of that anymore.

The guy was a great college WR and he has just as much a chance to be good as anyone else.... I suppose the question is more to you. Do you hate him because:

1) He has dreads?
2) Because other people like his underdog story?
3) Because he raps?
4) Because he wears 13?
5) Because last year he couldn't beat out TO and Lee Evans?

hmmmm....... then again, I suppose Wayne Chrebet sucked too.....

He is very down to earth and outgoing. Ive met him quite a few times. It is a player like that with talent that we hope succeeds. Too many get caught up in the money and fame. I hope he plays well, does not get injured, and is able to contribute to the future success of the team. It is all up to him to prove the doubters wrong, and I believe he will.

trapezeus
06-01-2010, 02:40 PM
i'm willing to see what johnson has. let's admit that jauron had no eye for talent. often times he sat people who were better than the people he started. Fred Jackson is one. Trent edwards was better than losman, byrd didn't start the season.

And the few times he's been out there and been thrown to he made catches.

So on that basis, i'm willing to see if a real coach feels like he is good. i hope he breaks out this season. i have more hope for them than for hardy at this stage.

DrGraves
06-01-2010, 02:52 PM
steve johnson hasn't earned **** yet. i hope he succeeds but im not giving him any props until he does something on the field.

Oaf
06-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Because who the hell else are we supposed to root for?

ddaryl
06-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I think he can produce, like I think a few players on this team can in a properly run organization.

I feel coaching is what held up this franchise, and our issues in player developement were obvious.

Personally Steve or hardly any of our young players ever got playing time, And obviously he had little development help. Hardy's 1st year showed how woeful we were at developing Wr's. Parrish?...

I would love to see Johnson Dominate training camp and win a starting job myself.

better days
06-01-2010, 03:33 PM
i'm willing to see what johnson has. let's admit that jauron had no eye for talent. often times he sat people who were better than the people he started. Fred Jackson is one. Trent edwards was better than losman, byrd didn't start the season.

And the few times he's been out there and been thrown to he made catches.

So on that basis, i'm willing to see if a real coach feels like he is good. i hope he breaks out this season. i have more hope for them than for hardy at this stage.

Trent Edwards was better than Losman? That is debatable, he has not had as good a season as Losman did in 06.

hydro
06-01-2010, 03:36 PM
Trent Edwards was better than Losman? That is debatable, he has not had as good a season as Losman did in 06.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

trapezeus
06-01-2010, 03:53 PM
my point wasn't to bring up the losman/edwards debate. it was just to highlight that jauron would stick with known dogs than try new people. and it had to be legendary collapses like marshawn being suspended for jackson to getting a chance.

steve johnson has shown some level of talent. is he Colston? probably not. but he should be pretty good. under a better coached team, he'll be better than reed and parrish. and those two also got affected by jauron's stupidity, but they are further along in their careers. johnson is kind of at a critical juncture as to whether he gets it or not.

better days
06-01-2010, 04:14 PM
my point wasn't to bring up the losman/edwards debate. it was just to highlight that jauron would stick with known dogs than try new people. and it had to be legendary collapses like marshawn being suspended for jackson to getting a chance.

steve johnson has shown some level of talent. is he Colston? probably not. but he should be pretty good. under a better coached team, he'll be better than reed and parrish. and those two also got affected by jauron's stupidity, but they are further along in their careers. johnson is kind of at a critical juncture as to whether he gets it or not.

I agree with your point, I'm just pointing out Trent can be included in the players that should not have been starting.

I thought is was a huge mistake to sign Fitz instead of a QB that had some talent to compete with Trent for the starters job, there were a few available at the time.

SABURZFAN
06-01-2010, 11:29 PM

YES!!!!!!! HE WAS BETTER THAN LOSSMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and those 06 season stats were padded with plenty of garbage time. i think Tackling Dummy touched on that NUMEROUS times.

SABURZFAN
06-01-2010, 11:33 PM
I agree with your point, I'm just pointing out Trent can be included in the players that should not have been starting.

you didn't point that out. you pointed out Lossman's padded stats in 06. :rolleyes:

more cowbell
06-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Lee Evans is a proven reciever? since when?

madness
06-03-2010, 02:30 PM
:evil:

The official team website for the Bills reports that WR Steve Johnson (http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/Steve_Johnson/), for the second time this week, was lined up opposite Lee Evans (http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/Lee_Evans/) at receiver with the first offensive unit during Wednesday's OTA workout. Johnson is competing with James Hardy (http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/James_Hardy/), rookie Marcus Easley (http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/Marcus_Easley/) and Chad Jackson (http://www.fantasysp.com/nfl_player_news/Chad_Jackson/) for the starting spot opposite Evans. <acronym title="More Information at the source">[...]</acronym>

Read more: http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nfl/Steve_Johnson/973051#ixzz0potm3xRj

WR Steve Johnson (http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/34862/Steve_Johnson). Buffalo's got an impending battle for the No. 2 receiver job opposite Lee Evans, and I still think the smart money is on Johnson winning that job. He's certainly not the most physically talented receiver on the roster, but I think Johnson is the most instinctual route-runner on the team. He's just got that "it" factor - he knows how to play. He can beat any kind of coverage. Buffalo is likely to use a lot of their young receivers offensively, but I think Johnson could be in for a 50-catch season in which he emerges as the team's go-to possession receiver as the year moves on.
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/6/3/1499401/buffalo-rumblings-gut-feeling

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Lee Evans is a proven reciever? since when?

when did you become such a negative nancy? take off your skirt

Griff
06-03-2010, 07:39 PM
the absolute insanity that appears on these boards every day is mind numbing.

Nobody wants him to fail. Nobody cares if he's a nice guy (he can be a mild jerk if he's a good player like Kelly or Bruce) Johnson has done nothing to earn the massive crushes some of you have for him. He wants my support, he will get it on the field.

Philagape
06-03-2010, 07:48 PM
You all exaggerate like drunks at the end of the bar!!

Night Train
06-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Big deal. Everyone tends to brag about their Johnson.

Wait..

Italian Stallion
06-04-2010, 07:29 AM
the absolute insanity that appears on these boards every day is mind numbing.

Nobody wants him to fail. Nobody cares if he's a nice guy (he can be a mild jerk if he's a good player like Kelly or Bruce) Johnson has done nothing to earn the massive crushes some of you have for him. He wants my support, he will get it on the field.

Thank you. :pimped: