PDA

View Full Version : Bills cramming trent to start!!!

Lefty2985
06-01-2010, 06:43 PM
The buffalo bills website is cramming in trent edwards in every video and things about him starting. Just like Green saying he is ready and wants to lead. FML!

Joe Fo Sho
06-01-2010, 06:47 PM
I can't wait to be bored to tears again this season... Here's hoping he grew a pair this offseason.

Michael82
06-01-2010, 06:59 PM
I agree. I'm also annoyed that it's only Edwards and Fitzpatrick who are basically "competing" for the starting QB job. I really thought they would rotate the starting reps with all 3 QBs and even give some to Brown. It seems to me like the team has already made up their mind and are going to let Trent Edwards "win" the job. What a shame. I really thought it was going to legit QB competition, but if his only other competition is Fitzpatrick, that's not much.

Oh well...let's just hope that Trent got his head fixed and isn't a pussy anymore. I would hate to see him back out there again look like he did all last season. Hopefully he gained some confidence and heart in the offseason. :pray:

YardRat
06-01-2010, 07:12 PM
It's real early in the process...let's see how it all shakes out over the next couple of months.

tampabay25690
06-01-2010, 07:20 PM
I really think Trent will be the QB starting week 1.....

Yasgur's Farm
06-01-2010, 07:42 PM
I wanna see Brohm stand up and take it.

acehole
06-01-2010, 07:45 PM
The buffalo bills website is cramming in trent edwards in every video and things about him starting. Just like Green saying he is ready and wants to lead. FML!

To early to start talking draft?

acehole
06-01-2010, 07:47 PM
Well it is brilliant if you ask me....when and if he fails or we are out of play off picture....we will have a legitimate excuse to start brown or Brom and knowbody will argue...

Set up to fail if you will...like the last ten guys we had....

I agree. I'm also annoyed that it's only Edwards and Fitzpatrick who are basically "competing" for the starting QB job. I really thought they would rotate the starting reps with all 3 QBs and even give some to Brown. It seems to me like the team has already made up their mind and are going to let Trent Edwards "win" the job. What a shame. I really thought it was going to legit QB competition, but if his only other competition is Fitzpatrick, that's not much.

Oh well...let's just hope that Trent got his head fixed and isn't a pussy anymore. I would hate to see him back out there again look like he did all last season. Hopefully he gained some confidence and heart in the offseason. :pray:

OpIv37
06-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Well it is brilliant if you ask me....when and if he fails or we are out of play off picture....we will have a legitimate excuse to start brown or Brom and knowbody will argue...

Set up to fail if you will...like the last ten guys we had....

would anyone really argue if we started Brown or Brohm anyway? The argument for starting JP was that we already know what Bledsoe brings and he has more potential. The argument for starting Trent over JP was we aready know what JP brings and Trent has more potential. While Brown and Brohm both have their limitations, they've never had their shot. There's a very small chance that one or both will be good, but at this point there's pretty much zero chance to be good.

It's the same old argument. I really don't care who starts because there is no NFL caliber QB on this roster right now.

Patti120
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Unfortunately it could just be that between tape and what the coaches have seen so far that they think that TE or Fitz are te 2 best options right now. We will just have to see how things shake out. If it is TE which it really could be I just hope is is no longer trentative.

acehole
06-01-2010, 08:05 PM
Well it will be Galeys first major choice that will be picked at on this board and everywhere...and it would be the path of least resistance is the way I see it.

IF he picks one of the other two and either fail...they will all say what was Gailey thinking....starting a seventh round pick?

would anyone really argue if we started Brown or Brohm anyway? The argument for starting JP was that we already know what Bledsoe brings and he has more potential. The argument for starting Trent over JP was we aready know what JP brings and Trent has more potential. While Brown and Brohm both have their limitations, they've never had their shot. There's a very small chance that one or both will be good, but at this point there's pretty much zero chance to be good.

It's the same old argument. I really don't care who starts because there is no NFL caliber QB on this roster right now.

ServoBillieves
06-01-2010, 08:10 PM
would anyone really argue if we started Brown or Brohm anyway? The argument for starting JP was that we already know what Bledsoe brings and he has more potential. The argument for starting Trent over JP was we aready know what JP brings and Trent has more potential. While Brown and Brohm both have their limitations, they've never had their shot.

Wow. Never had it put that way before. Kudos on that one... When put that way you can really see Brown or Brohm winning the job by some small chance if the coaches feel the same.

Commissioner
06-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Trents gonna turn it around this year... he's finally got a real coach that knows offense.

I can't wait to see him play.

buffalobillsfan95
06-01-2010, 10:50 PM
Brohm or Bust....

TigerJ
06-01-2010, 10:55 PM
I really think Trent will be the QB starting week 1.....This would not surprise me at all, though I hope Gailey has the good sense to evaluate preseason games. If Trent is the starter at the beginning of the season, so be it. But even then, I would think he could have an open mind an make a change if Trent proves to be too timid.

more cowbell
06-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Edwards is still young and had one bad season on an embarassing football team with an embarassing coaching staff.

Gailey and Nix passed on Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy several times in the draft. They didn't show interest in any of the QB's that were moved in the offseason like Campbell, Delhomme, Bulger, Whitehurst, Russell, etc. except reports of McNabb.

Yeah, those guys I named above suck (with the exception of McNabb), but if this regime wanted to truly start fresh at the QB position they had options and they obviously thought what they currently have is better.

I think people give Edwards too much of the blame. He is a giant pussy and needs to stop getting hurt for sure, but the offense as a whole under Dick Jauron didn't even resemble an NFL team. Edwards is to blame, but so is everyone else involved with the offensive side of the ball.

We cut out starting Left Tackle a week before the season, along with our Offensive Coordinator whose playbook was installed for 2 years. The entire 2009 training camp and pre-season was played with Langston Walker and Turk Schonert, and a week before the season the PR Master Russ Brandon decides to save some cap room to order more T.O. jerseys by cutting Walker, and the Corpse has a fallout with Schonert so he's gone as well? Those certainly are not suttle changes, for any team in the offseason, let alone A WEEK BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.

How is a QB supossed to learn a new offense in a week, along with having to worry about a gaping hole on his blindside? Oh yeah, and our replacement offensive coordinator for the 2009 season had never called plays in the NFL, was completely clueless the entire season long, and is now back to his original position as a QB coach on an even crappier team than the Bills.

Edwards played like complete garbage last season, and to be fair, the second half of 2008. He is still young and is the best QB on the roster. Any person who thinks Brian Brohm or Levi Brown should start the season needs go back to their PS3 and continue playing that 7-1 season on Madden where Brohm is 3rd in the MVP voting, because that's the only way you're going to ever see him starting games and being successful...

As for Brown, I would love to see him be successful, and maybe the Bills FO has a lot of confidence in him as a project, but there is no chance in hell after the the past decade of failure this team has produced, they send out a 7th round rookie QB to the wolves to start the season. This organization is STUPID but not THAT stupid.

SABURZFAN
06-02-2010, 12:00 AM

that's fine and dandy and all but until they get a legit LT on this football team, it's going to be the same as last year. Edwards starts and gets hurt, Fitz comes in and he gets hurt, etc.... these QBs are sitting ducks in pass situations.

Tatonka
06-02-2010, 12:01 AM
It's real early in the process...let's see how it all shakes out over the next couple of months.

i agree.. i think it will come down to who plays the best.. they might be leaning toward trent currently, but i think the decision is far from made as to who the starter is.

don137
06-02-2010, 05:55 AM
Edwards is still young and had one bad season on an embarassing football team with an embarassing coaching staff.

Gailey and Nix passed on Jimmy Clausen and Colt McCoy several times in the draft. They didn't show interest in any of the QB's that were moved in the offseason like Campbell, Delhomme, Bulger, Whitehurst, Russell, etc. except reports of McNabb.

Yeah, those guys I named above suck (with the exception of McNabb), but if this regime wanted to truly start fresh at the QB position they had options and they obviously thought what they currently have is better.

I think people give Edwards too much of the blame. He is a giant pussy and needs to stop getting hurt for sure, but the offense as a whole under Dick Jauron didn't even resemble an NFL team. Edwards is to blame, but so is everyone else involved with the offensive side of the ball.

We cut out starting Left Tackle a week before the season, along with our Offensive Coordinator whose playbook was installed for 2 years. The entire 2009 training camp and pre-season was played with Langston Walker and Turk Schonert, and a week before the season the PR Master Russ Brandon decides to save some cap room to order more T.O. jerseys by cutting Walker, and the Corpse has a fallout with Schonert so he's gone as well? Those certainly are not suttle changes, for any team in the offseason, let alone A WEEK BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS.

How is a QB supossed to learn a new offense in a week, along with having to worry about a gaping hole on his blindside? Oh yeah, and our replacement offensive coordinator for the 2009 season had never called plays in the NFL, was completely clueless the entire season long, and is now back to his original position as a QB coach on an even crappier team than the Bills.

Edwards played like complete garbage last season, and to be fair, the second half of 2008. He is still young and is the best QB on the roster. Any person who thinks Brian Brohm or Levi Brown should start the season needs go back to their PS3 and continue playing that 7-1 season on Madden where Brohm is 3rd in the MVP voting, because that's the only way you're going to ever see him starting games and being successful...

As for Brown, I would love to see him be successful, and maybe the Bills FO has a lot of confidence in him as a project, but there is no chance in hell after the the past decade of failure this team has produced, they send out a 7th round rookie QB to the wolves to start the season. This organization is STUPID but not THAT stupid.
I think many people would give Edwards a pass based on the situations you stated however, the problem lies in his captain checkdown mentality. Instead of airing it out and trusting the receiver to come down with the ball he zoned in on one player and quickly abandoned that player to hit his outlet receiver. That seems more mental where a player does not believe in his ability and not coaching.

Night Train
06-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Go ahead and start Edwards.

By October, the Bills will be talking about how his latest concussion is progressing, while someone else is starting.

Sorry but no one can sell me Edwards anymore as even the short term solution, let alone long term. About the only upside would be the 230 dump passes to Jackson and Spiller. Evans might as well take a religious mission sabatical and return when another QB is playing.

acehole
06-02-2010, 07:53 AM
i agree.. i think it will come down to who plays the best.. they might be leaning toward trent currently, but i think the decision is far from made as to who the starter is.

Yes...trouble with Trent is he practices great....because he is protected by a whistle.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-02-2010, 08:16 AM
Yes...trouble with Trent is he practices great....because he is protected by a whistle.

I wouldn't say this is necessarly true. Trent in both spring and summer practices threw a lot of INT's.

ddaryl
06-02-2010, 08:23 AM
C-O-A-C-H-I-N-G is the difference maker with whomever we put at the QB position...

This has been our problem on this team the entire drought. Coaching and player developement

If Gailey proves to be better at getting players prepared and playing up to potential then this love hate relationship with many of our own players will be pushed aside.

It doesn't matter who is the QB for this team this year, what matters is how Gailey gets the team to play for him.... and how he as a Head coach and O coordinator guru gets the most out of what we have.

HHURRICANE
06-02-2010, 08:27 AM
You guys need to chill. Felton Huggins caught a bunch of passes in OTA's so I should assume he's now taking Evans starting position based on this logic.

Bill Cody
06-02-2010, 10:25 AM
Brohm or Bust....

Vegas would go with bust

Demon
06-03-2010, 12:09 AM
I can't wait to be bored to tears again this season... Here's hoping he grew a pair this offseason.

Not for nothing, but what were you expecting? To come to billszone.com one day and read that Peyton Manning has shown up at Bills camp in Bills gear? As some expert said few days ago, we have the worst QB competition in the history of football. Edwards vs. Brohm vs. Fitzpatrick vs. Brown. I mean, that is god awful. Even if Brohm wins out, does he win out because he's an elite talent or did he win out because he didn't suck as much as the other three? Even with Brohm heading as the #1 starter, with only 1 NFL start on his resume, are you any more thrilled looking into this season then with Edwards?

Demon
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
You guys need to chill. Felton Huggins caught a bunch of passes in OTA's so I should assume he's now taking Evans starting position based on this logic.

Huggins over Evans? Naah. Huggins over Hardy or Johnson...... tell me with a straight face that theres no way Huggins can be "better" then either of those two?

jamze132
06-03-2010, 04:15 AM
I think everyone who has half a brain didn't believe Gailey when he said there was going to be an open competition in camp. Yeah, the QBs may get the same reps, but everyone know's it's Trent's job to lose. And I highly doubt that any of the other QBs on the roster are going to show enough to warrant a change.

This year is Tren't year to prove he belongs in the NFL. If he tanks this year and one of the other QBs is forced into the game, Trent will probably never start another game in the NFL, much less be on Buffalo's squad in 2011.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2010, 07:12 AM
I'm going to wait for Training Camp before making any judgment on which QB the coaching staff may be favoring and all of the other issues being discussed here.

It's possible that Trent will flourish in a new system with a new coaching staff; that Brohm will prove that all he ever neeed was a chance; or that Brown is the next Brady. Who knows? The great thing about sports is the unpredictability.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 09:48 AM

TE fault is that he embraced Dicks :limp: offensive philosophy. Keep bending , we have the KY .

Philagape
06-03-2010, 09:53 AM
I'm going to wait for Training Camp before making any judgment on which QB the coaching staff may be favoring and all of the other issues being discussed here.

It's possible that Trent will flourish in a new system with a new coaching staff; that Brohm will prove that all he ever neeed was a chance; or that Brown is the next Brady. Who knows? The great thing about sports is the unpredictability.

The percentage of sixth- or seventh-rounders who become Super Bowl-winning franchise QBs makes that pretty predictable. So does the percentage of practice-squad castoffs who become starters.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-03-2010, 10:01 AM
In politics, the cronies of an elected official that got voted out of office are usually thrown out along with him.

Trent Edwards was a crony of Dick Jauron. He should be treated the same.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 01:21 PM
In politics, the cronies of an elected official that got voted out of office are usually thrown out along with him.

Trent Edwards was a crony of Dick Jauron. He should be treated the same.

Does this mean we should get rid of Lee?

ChristopherWalken
06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
While I agree that Trent needs to man-up and shed his pussyness, there were a signficatnly large amount of dropped passes last season. His confidence was shaken not only on himself but also with his receivers and his offensive line. This team has to play better as a unit and that starts with a coaching staff that holds you accountable instead of holding your hand.

Is Gailey > Jauron. We'll know about this time next year.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 01:53 PM
While I agree that Trent needs to man-up and shed his pussyness, there were a signficatnly large amount of dropped passes last season. His confidence was shaken not only on himself but also with his receivers and his offensive line. This team has to play better as a unit and that starts with a coaching staff that holds you accountable instead of holding your hand.

Lee barely drops balls and he didn't throw enough to him.

The problem here is that Trent hasn't trusted his Ol and his wr's to make plays prior to 2009.

ddaryl
06-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Lee barely drops balls and he didn't throw enough to him.

The problem here is that Trent hasn't trusted his Ol and his wr's to make plays prior to 2009.

The OL couldn't be trusted in 2009...

and T.O dropped a ton of passes early last season.

before 2009 he was pretty raw and we still had Jauron's rediculous coaching philosophy screwing up the entire team.

Plus numerous reports have revealed how the Bills programmed Trent to check down often. They might have done this to help him limit mistakes but it also seemed to destroy the O in general and its confidence. New coach, new system, new beginnings

Knowing how pathetic our O was in general last year, knowing that our FO traded Peters and then followed that up with a cut of Walker.... and then fired the OC and replaced him with a 1st timer wouldn't work well for any QB in this league.

So IMO there was a lot of BS placed against Trent. Not saying I don't have my doubts about Trent, but then again I have seen him play very well just the same.

Trent deserves a shot to compete with this coaching staff.... Anyone who thinks he does not get that chance in not being reasonable.

I honestly think Trent will play much better this year... Gailey is going to be a much better OC and a much better HC then anyone we've had since Wade Phillips. That alone should have the O playing withg a little more consistency and a little more confidence.... I hope...

Add in a year of playing time for many of our young OL and that should help as well...

Now I say just get us Jamaal Brown from N.O. as a LT and our year might be a little brighter then many of us thought. :bighug:

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 03:28 PM
The OL couldn't be trusted in 2009...

and T.O dropped a ton of passes early last season.

before 2009 he was pretty raw and we still had Jauron's rediculous coaching philosophy screwing up the entire team.

Plus numerous reports have revealed how the Bills programmed Trent to check down often. They might have done this to help him limit mistakes but it also seemed to destroy the O in general and its confidence. New coach, new system, new beginnings

Knowing how pathetic our O was in general last year, knowing that our FO traded Peters and then followed that up with a cut of Walker.... and then fired the OC and replaced him with a 1st timer wouldn't work well for any QB in this league.

So IMO there was a lot of BS placed against Trent. Not saying I don't have my doubts about Trent, but then again I have seen him play very well just the same.

Trent deserves a shot to compete with this coaching staff.... Anyone who thinks he does not get that chance in not being reasonable.

I honestly think Trent will play much better this year... Gailey is going to be a much better OC and a much better HC then anyone we've had since Wade Phillips. That alone should have the O playing withg a little more consistency and a little more confidence.... I hope...

Add in a year of playing time for many of our young OL and that should help as well...

Now I say just get us Jamaal Brown from N.O. as a LT and our year might be a little brighter then many of us thought. :bighug:

Aaron Rogers had a crappy OL but he didn't dink and dunk because of it.

I don't disagree with most of your posts but Trent should be worried with doing his job. He played scared.

Throw the ball up and let your wr's make a play. Thats what the difference was between Flutie and Robosack. Flutie was not acurate yet he trusted Moulds. Robosack dinked and dunked to Larry Centers.

I never called for Trent to be benched because of his play in the past. I've always maintained that our qb's were set up to fail by Dick. But just like JP had his faults, so did Trent.

I agree, Trent should have a better chance with Gailey, but so do the other qb's.

I am all for a qb competition at camp. May the best man win and if it's Trent I hope, Gailey brings his mojo back.

ddaryl
06-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Aaron Rogers had a crappy OL but he didn't dink and dunk because of it.

I don't disagree with most of your posts but Trent should be worried with doing his job. He played scared.

Throw the ball up and let your wr's make a play. Thats what the difference was between Flutie and Robosack. Flutie was not acurate yet he trusted Moulds. Robosack dinked and dunked to Larry Centers.

I never called for Trent to be benched because of his play in the past. I've always maintained that our qb's were set up to fail by Dick. But just like JP had his faults, so did Trent.

I agree, Trent should have a better chance with Gailey, but so do the other qb's.

I am all for a qb competition at camp. May the best man win and if it's Trent I hope, Gailey brings his mojo back.

I guess I blame the coaches more for training Trent to play the way he did.

We're going to find out real soon one way or another, as I feel Gailey will have Trent spreading the ball around more effectively.

better days
06-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I think everyone who has half a brain didn't believe Gailey when he said there was going to be an open competition in camp. Yeah, the QBs may get the same reps, but everyone know's it's Trent's job to lose. And I highly doubt that any of the other QBs on the roster are going to show enough to warrant a change.

This year is Tren't year to prove he belongs in the NFL. If he tanks this year and one of the other QBs is forced into the game, Trent will probably never start another game in the NFL, much less be on Buffalo's squad in 2011.

I agree that it is Trents job to lose. I think you have forgotten, he did just that last year............to Fitz no less.

Everything I have read says no QB has stood out. If Trent is so much better than ther rest of the QB's, he should have stood out.

I think Trent is more accurate than Fitz but Fitz reads defenses better. As for Brohm & Brown, who knows?

more cowbell
06-03-2010, 06:47 PM
TE fault is that he embraced Dicks :limp: offensive philosophy. Keep bending , we have the KY .

Yep...it must be Tom Brady's fault that he plays by the system installed by the coaching staff, same with every other QB in the league. It's entirely their fault they do what the coach says they have to do. Good posting :limp:

acehole
06-04-2010, 01:01 AM
Does this mean we should get rid of Lee?

Hate to say this,,, Lee doesnt quite fit this offence.

justasportsfan
06-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Yep...it must be Tom Brady's fault that he plays by the system installed by the coaching staff, same with every other QB in the league. It's entirely their fault they do what the coach says they have to do. Good posting :limp:

your post is a douche

I've always maintained that our qb's were set up to fail by Dick. But just like JP had his faults, so did Trent.

I have given our players especially the O , the benefit of a doubt because of Dick. That includes Trent. Should they fail under Gailey, then they really should go.

justasportsfan
06-04-2010, 09:16 AM
Hate to say this,,, Lee doesnt quite fit this offence.

Huh? Gailey adjusts his gameplan based on his players. He's the opposite of Dick.

acehole
06-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Huh? Gailey adjusts his gameplan based on his players. He's the opposite of Dick.

Yea but this is similar to Denvers system...with physical possesion type recievers to help block and to go over middle...Lee Is physical but more of a burner. You are right we are not throwing the baby out with bath water especially with a player of lees caliber but he is not ideal for this system....and the offense will be adjusted accordingly.