PDA

View Full Version : SN: Gailey comes in to end Buffalo's playoff drought

BillsWin
06-01-2010, 11:23 PM
It hasn't been a million years since the Bills were in the playoffs. It only seems that way.
The Bills haven't visited the postseason since the end of the last millennium. And in 2010, the club's record drought could extend to 11 years.
Quarterback, offensive line and wide receiver are major question marks, and the move to a 3-4 defense means changes are needed on that side of the ball as well.
Owner Ralph <nobr id="itxt_nobr_3_0" style="color: darkgreen; font-weight: normal; font-size: 100%; font-family: Tahoma,Helvetica,sans-serif;">Wilsonhttp://images.intellitxt.com/ast/adTypes/2_bing.gif</nobr> (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-05-31/bills-camp-countdown#) hopes new G.M. Buddy Nix and coach Chan Gailey will alter the team's fortunes. Nix, a longtime college scout, never has held the G.M. job before but has a strong reputation as an astute talent evaluator. Hiring Gailey—the Bills' fifth coach since 2000*—didn't excite fans, who wanted a bigger name. But Nix says Gailey's past success at the pro and college levels is what the Bills need.

FULL ARTICLE (http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-05-31/bills-camp-countdown)

YardRat
06-02-2010, 05:22 AM
Interesting comment from the 'anonymous opponent'...

If Gailey can't get the best out of Edwards, it's not there to get.

HHURRICANE
06-02-2010, 08:38 AM
As I have said numerous times most people around the league think Edwards can play. I like the fact that the "opponant" felt like Edwards will get a fair shot to improve with Gailey as coach. The other good news here is that if Edwards fails this year there is no doubt we'll be drafting a QB next year.

ddaryl
06-02-2010, 08:43 AM
As I have said numerous times most people around the league think Edwards can play. I like the fact that the "opponant" felt like Edwards will get a fair shot to improve with Gailey as coach. The other good news here is that if Edwards fails this year there is no doubt we'll be drafting a QB next year.

IMO ... Unless Edwards or whomever QB's the Bills throws for 3500 +++ yds and 20 + TD's and a 2:1 TD to INTR ratio we better be looking at QB's in 2011.

Even if any QB on this team hits those marks we should still be thinking about it.

trapezeus
06-02-2010, 08:52 AM
ddaryl, i think nix and gailey proved that they take the best player available regardless of needs. So even if edwards returns to mediocre form, if the bills are drafting high and there is a franchise QB on the table, they'll grab him.

I want edwards to succeed, but at this point, my biggest question about him is if he can last an entire season. I really don't think he can. i understand a lot of good qb's get knocked out, but he's been knocked out every year.

He really needs to show excellent command. he can't go from broken qb like last year to mid level for the bills to rely soley on him.

BillsWin
06-02-2010, 01:42 PM
:pray: Pat Devlin :pray:

Oaf
06-02-2010, 05:16 PM
This thread should start with SNL: instead.

Demon
06-02-2010, 11:46 PM
This thread should start with SNL: instead.

Sporting News isn't as good as it used to be for sure but they do still have a bunch of solid writers. However, this writer isn't exactly a sporting news reporter. It's Allen Wilson from the Buffalo News.

My guess is, they are going to go over every team with each teams local reporter and they all will have a positive take.

Griff
06-03-2010, 02:55 AM
IMO ... Unless Edwards or whomever QB's the Bills throws for 3500 +++ yds and 20 + TD's and a 2:1 TD to INTR ratio we better be looking at QB's in 2011.

Even if any QB on this team hits those marks we should still be thinking about it.

lol that's bull****, if one of our QBs puts up those numbers you'll offer up your girlfriend/mom/wife/sister/attractive cousin/friend with benefits to sire his firstborn.