I guess conditioning did cause the injuries.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I guess conditioning did cause the injuries.

Donte Whitner and Poluzny both said that there have been signifigant changes in the level of conditioning to get them out of being the most injured team in the league.

But the posters here said that had nothing to do with it so they must know more than the players and coaches.
    Last edited by HHURRICANE; 06-02-2010, 08:31 AM.
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Re: I guess conditioning did cause the injuries.

I think it would be best to wait until the season to make this claim. What if this new training happens and they still have injuries. I think this claim needs to be made next season, about week 10.

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

I think most of us knew there was something very wrong in the way the Bills handled their conditioning.

it was obvious on the field wether players were injured or not

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

again, conditioning was part of the problem. not the entire problem. having a small defense play 35-45 minutes a game also hurt the team. It's like skiing when you are exhausted. that's when you get injured.

the pulls and sprains come from bad conditioning.

the erik wood breaks and tears are freak things.

It would be interesting to see of our x number of injuries last year, how many might have been preventable from better conditioning.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
          • Feb 2005

Does anyone want to sign up for the Buffalo Athletic Club program run by the Bills (now former) conditioning coach LOL

Meh, I doubt it's still going on. Anyways, I always laughed when I saw those ads last year - "yes, please, allow me to pay you so that I can be conditioned to be injured."
          Last edited by DMBcrew36; 06-02-2010, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

if i lived in buffalo, i'd workout with the ex-pro trainer. the difference being is that no one is hitting me. i bet you'd be in the shape of your life. you just wouldn't be ready to play an NFL game 16 games a year.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
              if i lived in buffalo, i'd workout with the ex-pro trainer. the difference being is that no one is hitting me. i bet you'd be in the shape of your life. you just wouldn't be ready to play an NFL game 16 games a year.
              Touche. Ofcourse the program was just a cut-out copy, written up thing. It wasn't like he was working 1-on-1 with you, while customizing a plan for you.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                • Feb 2005

I've long felt that the Bills strength and conditioning program was the root of the Bills injury woes. I have zero doubt that game time loss due to injury will be cut in half this year as opposed to the average of the last 3 years.

On a side note... 4th quarter swooning will become a distant memory.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                  Pinkerton's son
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  Donte Whitner and Poluzny both said that there have been signifigant changes in the level of conditioning to get them out of being the most injured team in the league.

But the posters here said that had nothing to do with it so they must know more than the players and coaches.
                  Whoever said that Camp Jauron had nothing to do with the number of injuries was in denial..i dont really remember anyone saying these things anyways, so I'm not sure what warranted this semi-"i-told-you-so" thread...stupid.

Comment

• theanswer74
                    • Apr 2004

Injuries happen.

Thats Juaron's bumper sticker.

But still, if it was all conditioning you wouldn't see a team like NE lead the NFL in injuries a couple years ago.

The types of injuries the Bills were getting, I dont see how conditioning would change that. How would squats help Eric Woods leg? Mitchell's ACL? Poz's forearm? The Bills had some muscle injuries last year, not many though.
                    Last edited by theanswer74; 06-02-2010, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• methos4ever
                      • Apr 2004

I think the biggest difference in the two methods, besides the lifting change was accountability. Jauron was under the assumption that as professionals, these guys didn't need to be babysat as they lifted and ran. Gailey and co are going under the college "you're on scholarship" method of watching everything.

Gailey and Nix may be onto something with the specialized S & C coaches, makes a lot of sense.

But make sure you stretch the finger you're pointing at people that defended the old way, wouldn't want you to pull that and the hand you're patting yourself on the back with!

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

i remember numerous threads callin on firing the conditioning staff bc of injuries, i dont remember any defending them.....

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                          • Feb 2009

Hurricane, what has been with your attitude lately. For once your calling out the negative nancy's, our we in bizzaro world.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by theanswer74
                            Injuries happen.

Thats Juaron's bumper sticker.

But still, if it was all conditioning you wouldn't see a team like NE lead the NFL in injuries a couple years ago.

The types of injuries the Bills were getting, I dont see how conditioning would change that. How would squats help Eric Woods leg? Mitchell's ACL? Poz's forearm? The Bills had some muscle injuries last year, not many though.
                            Leading the league 3 years in a row is more than just coincidence... Strength and conditioning are at the top of the list of suspects.

Stronger muscles protect against joint and bone injuries... Better conditioning protect against injuries due to fatigue (ass dragging).

What was the name of the drug that was being used to quicken the healing of soft tissue injuries? Wasn't it identified as causing more severe injuries upon the player's return to action?
                            Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 06-02-2010, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

I was a strong advocate of the "fire the S&C coach before anyone else" bandwagon (was I the only one?) I mean, even in the old regimes defense, if you're sticking your 22 best players on offense and defense out there and they're getting injured, it's tough to work with.
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X