PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn to Attend Thursday OTA

homeslice5484
06-02-2010, 03:10 PM
Adam_Schefter

Bills RB Marshawn Lynch is in Buffalo, will be participating in the Bills' OTAs, and is expected to attend Thursday's OTA session.
2 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet

ddaryl
06-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Yay! Bust mode is back..

I've lost ALL respect I did have left for this guy and don't care what he does from this point.

It will be a very hard long climb back to any sort of fan respect for Lynch IMO

dasaybz
06-02-2010, 03:15 PM
I don't understand what he is thinking. The guy is buried deep on the depth chart, and he just now decides he's going to show up to OTAs? I really wouldn't be surprised if his career was done in 2 or 3 years.

Jan Reimers
06-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Nice that he has condescended to grace us with his presence. Must have needed to pick up a quick $20 or two.

Typ0
06-02-2010, 03:37 PM
This is a nice leap of faith on Lynch's part and I applaud him for showing up.

OpIv37
06-02-2010, 03:40 PM

I would have agreed with this LAST week but he's 8 days too late.

I have openly questioned the Spiller pick because this team had so many other holes, but with Lynch acting like such a little *****, maybe RB was a bigger need than most of us realized.

methos4ever
06-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Lynch is showing up before the Voluntary minicamp, when most of the offense will be installed in all its glory. He missed about 3 weeks worth of fussing about with part of the offense. Much to chagrin of most, he is smart enough to pick up the playbook and work through it prior to training camp.

But continue - just one dude's opinion.

Jaybird
06-02-2010, 03:53 PM
I say he surprises everyone and becomes a horse and a huge factor once again

BillsWin
06-02-2010, 04:55 PM
I hope he came and went straight to the coach Gailey's office and gave him a good reason for not attending.

When the only two players not in attendance at OTAs are an aging pro bowler considering retirement and a young running back with an attitude problem, it's not the end of the world.

Even so, he should have been there and he should be participating with his team mates. It's a sign of maturity and respect and if I were the coach I'd expect either an apology or an explanation.

Don't give me that "It's voluntary" crap.

When you have a new coach, a new offense, new team mates, new GM, new schemes and a new playbook, there is no such thing as a "voluntary" OTA.

wmoz11
06-02-2010, 05:05 PM
Especially after they just used a 1st round pick on someone at your position.

tampabay25690
06-02-2010, 08:17 PM
IMO who cares he is as good as gone anyway

Griff
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM

yeah he's so brave showing up a week and a half late.

Griff
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Lynch is showing up before the Voluntary minicamp, when most of the offense will be installed in all its glory. He missed about 3 weeks worth of fussing about with part of the offense. Much to chagrin of most, he is smart enough to pick up the playbook and work through it prior to training camp.

But continue - just one dude's opinion.

smart? Lynch?

:laughing:

Griff
06-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Especially after they just used a 1st round pick on someone at your position.

do you know what Drew Brees did when San Diego did that? Got better.

Lynch is acting like spoiled brat.

BillsWin
06-02-2010, 08:25 PM
A. I was under the impression that Lynch never reported to receive his playbook.

B. Smart for missing time with the team?

Raptor
06-02-2010, 08:58 PM
lolol, ok and the first time this year when we see him in full beast mode carrying 3 Miami defenders on his back for those extra 5 yards no one here nor on that team is going to give a flying **** that he missed some OTA's. We'll be jacked up cheering our faces off high five'ing the nearest Bills fan next to us and his teammates will be going just as nuts

The over reaction of Bills fans can sometime reach nauseating levels. He's a young kid who made some mistakes in the past, he's human, it happens, let it go. He's here now, he's cut the weight he put on last year, its pretty clear he isnt going anywhere, and if he's back in 2008 form he will be a real weapon and a massive help to this offense.

ParanoidAndroid
06-02-2010, 09:01 PM
And people on here talk aboput Philly fans.....

Dr. Pepper
06-02-2010, 10:34 PM
lolol, ok and the first time this year when we see him in full beast mode carrying 3 Miami defenders on his back for those extra 5 yards no one here nor on that team is going to give a flying **** that he missed some OTA's. We'll be jacked up cheering our faces off high five'ing the nearest Bills fan next to us and his teammates will be going just as nuts

The over reaction of Bills fans can sometime reach nauseating levels. He's a young kid who made some mistakes in the past, he's human, it happens, let it go. He's here now, he's cut the weight he put on last year, its pretty clear he isnt going anywhere, and if he's back in 2008 form he will be a real weapon and a massive help to this offense.

where the hell is this nostalgia for the "good old days" of lynch coming from???? when he carries 3 dolphins on his back for an extra 5 yards??? LOL i seem to recall him running straight into the closest offensive lineman and being gang tackled for 1.5 yard gains. Jackson > Lynch, and with Spiller on the team now Lynch is our Lendale White.

patmoran2006
06-02-2010, 10:35 PM
He better beat out Fred Jackson to be any kind of a factor on this team, because I promise you that Nix and Gailey didnt sign off on taking Spiller over a QB, LT or front seven defensive player with the ninth pick to get 3-5 carries per game as a third running back.

I still predict he's gone before opening day one way or the other. Of course, I've been saying that and he's still a Buffalo Bill, but its the first week of June.

Someone will get injured, or he's getting dealt, assuming he doesnt become such a distraction he's released.

Basically, he's Patrick Crayton right now-- Insurance.

Raptor
06-02-2010, 10:54 PM
where the hell is this nostalgia for the "good old days" of lynch coming from???? when he carries 3 dolphins on his back for an extra 5 yards??? LOL i seem to recall him running straight into the closest offensive lineman and being gang tackled for 1.5 yard gains. Jackson > Lynch, and with Spiller on the team now Lynch is our Lendale White.

:rofl:

Little piece of advice. Try actually watching the players and team you are commenting on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8Gu-KVQ10s&feature=fvw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDVcyD0SwEg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUAe9ZZ7AuU&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ6x_CpOfyY

Where do you think "Beast Mode" came from. From him just running 1.5 yards and hitting the ground? lolol

Griff
06-03-2010, 01:43 AM

Little piece of advice. Try actually watching the players and team you are commenting on

Where do you think "Beast Mode" came from. From him just running 1.5 yards and hitting the ground? lolol

Beast mode for 3.8 ypc while Fred ran for 4.5 ypc. Marshawn is joke beyond the 20 yard line.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2010, 06:58 AM
I say he surprises everyone and becomes a horse and a huge factor once again
That's what I'm hoping for. I don't care much for Marshawn's attitude and off the field behavior, but as a fan, I want him to succeed. There is no doubt that we are going to run the Hell out of the ball, and having 3 strong RBs will be a huge asset.

Buffalogic
06-03-2010, 08:04 AM
Who cares?? It's voluntary practice and he's our third string running back. If he wants to sabotage himself and lag behind the other backs, then so be it. I don't care.

trapezeus
06-03-2010, 08:22 AM
i hope the bills reach an agreement this year with lynch. "run like you've never run before, we'll let you pick the team we trade you to. keep fussing over spilt milk, we'll keep you in this contract and barely use you for the last two years. your choice"

Raptor
06-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Beast mode for 3.8 ypc while Fred ran for 4.5 ypc. Marshawn is joke beyond the 20 yard line.

Really? Might want to look who's broken off more runs of 10 and 20+ yards over the past three years and there longest runs of each of the past three years.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 09:27 AM
ok and the first time this year when we see him in full beast mode carrying 3 Miami defenders on his back for those extra 5 yards no one here nor on that team is going to give a flying **** that he missed some OTA's. .

If he showed up earlier and got on the same page with his teammates sooner than later , he probably won't have 3 miami defenders on him and would go for a TD instead of 5 extra yards.

Dr. Pepper
06-03-2010, 10:11 AM

awwww i think somebody got a lynch jersey from santa and is holding out hope..... :laughter:

Raptor
06-03-2010, 10:33 AM
awwww i think somebody got a lynch jersey from santa and is holding out hope..... :laughter:

aaaawww I think someone got called out for an ignorant post and couldnt think of anything to defend himself

DraftBoy
06-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Really? Might want to look who's broken off more runs of 10 and 20+ yards over the past three years and there longest runs of each of the past three years.

Doesnt mean much if you're other runs are for 3 yards or less.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 10:37 AM
Lynch has talent. Problem is, he is the one stopping himself from being successful.

Mr. Pink
06-03-2010, 10:39 AM
Who cares?? It's voluntary practice and he's our third string running back. If he wants to sabotage himself and lag behind the other backs, then so be it. I don't care.

Agree fully.

He's the third string RB...who cares?

In all honesty, there's zero reason he should even still be here.

madness
06-03-2010, 10:55 AM
That's what I'm hoping for. I don't care much for Marshawn's attitude and off the field behavior, but as a fan, I want him to succeed. There is no doubt that we are going to run the Hell out of the ball, and having 3 strong RBs will be a huge asset.
That won't surprise me either. He needs to be the workhorse of this offense. He's the least versatile (not a knock on him either) of our backs so there will be plenty of opportunities for Freddie and CJ to get their touches in other ways. Lynch is the guy who should be wearing down defenses and I think Gaily hopes and expects he's ready to carry that load.

We already have two good backs and adding Spiller is a serious bonus. With Gailey's offensive expertise, the running game is going to take serious pressure off of the OL and QB in passing situations. I expect to see more running plays like screens, draws, etc out of passing formations than we've ever seen before to keep the defense on their toes.

It's scary when you're adding spiller and an OC with an actual clue to this:

The league’s rushing leader usually gets all the pub and to a certain extent that’s understandable. But what about the guys that get the truly tough yards? You know, the ones after initial contact. Well ProFootballFocus has crunched the numbers and not surprisingly, the Bills backs fared well. Marshawn Lynch ranked tied for third on the list for 2009 with a whopping 77.37% of his rushing yards gained after initial contact (http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=162). That means that of his 450 rushing yards last season 339 came after he was already hit. The only players that ranked higher were Cincinnati FB Brian Leonard and Houston’s Chris Brown.
Meanwhile Fred Jackson ranked high in a different category. In ProFootballFocus’ look at how many missed tackles were forced by running backs, Jackson ranked in the top 10 in both missed tackles forced receiving and missed tackles forced rushing. Jackson’s higher of the two rankings came in missed tackles forced on receptions (http://www.profootballfocus.com/articles.php?tab=articles&arc=&id=162). Fred finished 8th overall in missed tackles forced, logging 15 on his 46 receptions last season for a percentage of 34.78. He forced 38 on 238 rushing attempts (16%).
Jackson also ranked fourth in the league in ProFootballFocus’ elusive rating. Only Seattle’s Justin Forsett, Carolina’s Jonathan Stewart and New Orleans’ Pierre Thomas had better numbers.

BillsWin
06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
The evolution of Marshawn Lynch:

Beastmode --> Thugmode --> Trademode

Either he returns to form, or he gets shipped out of here.

Either way, it is beneficial to him to show up and get to work, because if he really wants out of Buffalo he should realize that this offseason/season is an audition.

Raptor
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Doesnt mean much if you're other runs are for 3 yards or less.

Im not the one who made the statement

and doesnt mean much? Tell that to A.Peterson and B.Sanders

and yea before you go there Im not comparing Lynch nor Jackson to Sanders or Peterson. To say it doesnt mean much though is not really accurate since if you watch either you would know that they often got/get stopped for 3 yards or less and then bust one for 20+ as is the case with a lot of RB's

Buddo
06-03-2010, 11:47 AM

and yea before you go there Im not comparing Lynch nor Jackson to Sanders or Peterson. To say it doesnt mean much though is not really accurate since if you watch either you would know that they often got/get stopped for 3 yards or less and then bust one for 20+ as is the case with a lot of RB's

If Lynch was frequently busting runs of 20+ yards, then it wouldn't be an issue. As he isn't, and really never has (at least with any consistency), it is an issue.

Griff
06-03-2010, 11:56 AM

so in your world, 1 20 yard run, 2 2 yard runs, 1 no gain run, and 3 1 yard runs

is better than, 8 runs of 4-5 yards.

okay... I think we know why you'll never GM or coach a pro team.

ServoBillieves
06-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Adam_Schefter

Bills RB Marshawn Lynch is in Buffalo, will be participating in the Bills' OTAs, and is expected to attend Thursday's OTA session.
2 minutes ago via web
Reply Retweet

Hooray for doing your job :rocker:

Griff
06-03-2010, 12:03 PM

The problem with your comparison, which yes, you are doing, is that Lynch hasn't busted out the long runs like these superstars.

Griff
06-03-2010, 12:05 PM
aaaawww I think someone got called out for an ignorant post and couldnt think of anything to defend himself

lol you calling someone ignorant should be used as an example of irony at dictionary.com

DraftBoy
06-03-2010, 12:07 PM

Barry Sanders-5.0 YPC
Adrian Peterson-4.9
Marshawn Lynch-4.0

Both Peterson and Sanders average over 300 carries a season while Lynch only averages 216. Lynch's big runs help his YPC out much more than Peterson or Sanders so your point does not hold any water. If what you said was true they should have YPC's closer to Lynch's but they don't.

WeAreArthurMoates
06-03-2010, 12:11 PM

Ya, when you get more carries you tend to have more 20+ runs, it's common sense dude.

Bulldog
06-03-2010, 02:34 PM
I honestly don't think and never have thought that Lynch was all that great. I like to see Lynch punish defenders as much as anyone else, but that hardly makes him a quality back. The guy has no vision what so ever, and doesn't have the speed or the shake to consistently get to the edge. Best case scenario is that some team loses a starter in the preseason and Lynch is dealt.

Raptor
06-03-2010, 03:29 PM
so in your world, 1 20 yard run, 2 2 yard runs, 1 no gain run, and 3 1 yard runs

is better than, 8 runs of 4-5 yards.

okay... I think we know why you'll never GM or coach a pro team.

Are you even watching these players? What exactly do you think F.Jackson is doing? Do you honestly believe he gets 4.5 yards every single time he touches the ball. You made the statement Lynch is a joke beyond 20 yards implying he gets more big runs. That is a false statement.

You've got a lot to learn kid

Raptor
06-03-2010, 03:33 PM
Barry Sanders-5.0 YPC
Adrian Peterson-4.9
Marshawn Lynch-4.0

Both Peterson and Sanders average over 300 carries a season while Lynch only averages 216. Lynch's big runs help his YPC out much more than Peterson or Sanders so your point does not hold any water. If what you said was true they should have YPC's closer to Lynch's but they don't.

Oh so now 20+ yards do mean something even if they are preceded by some 2 and 3 yard runs? See what happens when you're not so focused on just blindly bashing Lynch, you tend to make more sense

Griff
06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Are you even watching these players? What exactly do you think F.Jackson is doing? Do you honestly believe he gets 4.5 yards every single time he touches the ball. You made the statement Lynch is a joke beyond 20 yards implying he gets more big runs. That is a false statement.

You've got a lot to learn kid

kid :laughing:

wow, need to work on your math and reading comprehension skills.

first the math portion
20+2+2+0+1+1+1 = 27 / 7 = 3.85
4+6+5+3+4+5+5 = 32 / 7 = 4.57

now the reading
when I say beyond the 20, I mean the 20 yard line, you know, the redzone. Marshawn is really only impressive in the redzone, and even then, last year he was TERRIBLE.

Griff
06-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Oh so now 20+ yards do mean something even if they are preceded by some 2 and 3 yard runs? See what happens when you're not so focused on just blindly bashing Lynch, you tend to make more sense

Lynch wishes they were 2-3 yard carries, he had a hard time picking up 3rd and 1.

Tatonka
06-03-2010, 06:43 PM
if the free agent rookie rb, bell i think his name is, shows anything.. we have to move lynch and keep jackson, spiller, and bell .. jackson is the horse to start with.. until spiller can take over.

M
06-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Did Marshawn even show up today??

Romes
06-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Did Marshawn even show up today??

No.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/03/lynch-not-on-hand/

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2010, 10:04 PM
marshawn is the worst kind of monday

Jan Reimers
06-04-2010, 06:52 AM
I'm beginning to dislike Marshawn intensely.

G Wolly
06-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Get rid of this P.O.S.

It doesn't matter if they're optional activities. He wants to try and change his image to a more positive light? This doesn't help him at all.

But it doesn't hurt the team. It just gives our other RBs more opportunity.

Worthless.

DraftBoy
06-04-2010, 07:08 AM
I'm beginning to dislike Marshawn intensely.

While he has still has every chance to make this team and turn my opinion on him around. His unwillinness to do anything in regards to effort thus far is beyond irritating.

ghz in pittsburgh
06-04-2010, 07:36 AM
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/06/03/updates-on-bradys-contract-lynchs-unhappiness/