PDA

View Full Version : Question

DesertFox24
06-02-2010, 07:40 PM
Hey everyone I am going to go to the bills game in greenbay and was wondering if stub hub is a reptuable site. In other words I do not want to spend a couple hundred, get to the game and then find out it is a fake ticket.

Pinkerton Security
06-02-2010, 07:44 PM
I personally have never had an issue with stubhub...and i think they may even have some sort of guarantee...if you do get screwed i think they might reimburse you after the fact, though that doesnt help you when you get to the game and have no tix. But Ive gotten tickets off stubhub about 10 times for different events and never had an issue.

Patti120
06-02-2010, 07:46 PM
live in Rhode Island and go to one Bills home game each year. The last two or three years I've bought my tix's thru stubhub and have had no issues. I think you are in good shape if you use them.

Beebe's Kid
06-02-2010, 07:54 PM
True stub hub story...

A guy I know went to visit his daughter in Chicago. He decided he would go to a Blackhawks game. He bought a ticket on Stub Hub, and is was a fugazzi... He called the number for Stub Hub, and they kept him on the phone and guided him to a bar. He went into the bar, and a guy gave him new tickets...much better seats...and he didn't miss the faceoff.

That is the only story I have ever heard about bogus ducats through the Hub. I have bought tickets to see, probably around 50-60 different sporting events, and never had an issue. I bought a lot of my Bills' ducats there, before I got seasons, and I buy all of my out of town games there. I go to a ton of baseball games, all over the country and have never had one issue.

BillsWin
06-02-2010, 08:07 PM
I hope not. I'm using the site for tickets to several NFL games this season. Including my first ever monday nighter in Houston.

G Wolly
06-02-2010, 08:22 PM
I bought all my Sabres playoff tickets from stubhub. Very easy navigation and mostly fairly priced tickets.

Lefty2985
06-02-2010, 08:54 PM
they are good buy a lot of tickets thru them

Raptor
06-02-2010, 09:00 PM
There legit, use them all the time

BertSquirtgum
06-02-2010, 09:17 PM
bought tickets from them on four different occasions last year.

PromoTheRobot
06-02-2010, 11:43 PM
StubHub is as reputable a site there is. I use them all the time to buy and sell. The best way to defend buying a fake ticket is to buy electronic/instant delivery whenever possible. The seller has to enter the ticket barcode number and you can't fake that. A seller might try to sell you a fake but they will only do it once before they are barred. Also both the seller and the buyer have to register a valid credit card to back up their transaction so the guy is not going to get away with anything. You might miss a game but you'll definitely have your money back.

The only downside are the fees, which are a tad steep but not far from what you'd pay Ticketmaster. Not to sound like an ad for them, but StubHub is as solid as it gets.

PTR

BillsWin
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I bought all my Sabres playoff tickets from stubhub. Very easy navigation and mostly fairly priced tickets.

Is that Chumley from pawn stars on your avatar!?

Demon
06-03-2010, 12:04 AM
I've bought many tickets via stubhub and never had any problems. NHL and NFL games.

LtFinFan66
06-03-2010, 01:01 AM
Hey everyone I am going to go to the bills game in greenbay and was wondering if stub hub is a reptuable site. In other words I do not want to spend a couple hundred, get to the game and then find out it is a fake ticket.it's a good site

ddaryl
06-03-2010, 08:30 AM
organized online scalping... Got love it.

Stubhub pisses me off and it should be completely illegal. What happens now is professionals negotiate or buy up excess tickets to hot events then scalp them back to people who could of just purchased the tickets themselves for face value but now at a premium.

The sad part is ticket master is in bed with stub hub and it is nothing more then a way to bilk people of more money.

but if your desperate then stub hub is an ok place to find tickets.

paranoid
06-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I've used them a couple of times for Bills games. No problems.

mayotm
06-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I've used them numerous times without issue.

Beebe's Kid
06-03-2010, 09:35 AM

Stubhub pisses me off and it should be completely illegal. What happens now is professionals negotiate or buy up excess tickets to hot events then scalp them back to people who could of just purchased the tickets themselves for face value but now at a premium.

The sad part is ticket master is in bed with stub hub and it is nothing more then a way to bilk people of more money.

Rap on, brother Ddaryl, for you speaketh the truth!!

The reason I have had to use stub hub is because I couldn't get tickets to sporting events through team box offices. Either because it they claimed a sellout, or because their navigation is so crude, that I couldn't get anything like the seats I wanted.

I am a Red Sox fan, and they have mastered the art of illegal scalping. Fenway will never not be "sold out again." They have their legal scalping partner right down the street, Ace Tickets. You can get tickets, damn near anywhere you want, to any "sold out" Sox game. The best part is, they are usually only about twice the price and loaded with "convenience" fees.

Stub is not really any better, other than it is an outlet for season ticket holders to unload the games they can't attend. It is still abused to an asinine extent, I am sure.

I will be going to see the Sox play in Cleveland this upcoming week...best part is, the Jake (I won't call it anything else) is looking Muni did in the "Major League" years, but because the Sox are in town, you can bet I'll have to get seats on Stub Hub...unless I want to sit in the bleachers or upper deck, which I do not.

ddaryl
06-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Rap on, brother Ddaryl, for you speaketh the truth!!

Stub is not really any better, other than it is an outlet for season ticket holders to unload the games they can't attend. It is still abused to an asinine extent, I am sure.

People buy season tickets just to own them for resale.... It is pure scalping and scalping is illegal...

I watched concerts sell out in 4 minutes only to fine a plethera of tickets to the same show on stubhub minutes after the initial sellout.

Albany,n.y.
06-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Scalping was legal in NY State for the past 3 years until May 15th. Since Bills Ticket Exchange used to be legal to put any price on the ticket, I don't know what effect the return to illegal scalping will have on us season ticket holders.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/state_hunts_scalpers_dNhDQrcRcbV4ZCWyUGlA1N

mikemac2001
06-05-2010, 09:25 AM
Though I agree I also disagree I bought 6 tickets for about 68 dollars after shipping and fees a piece the tickets face value are 75 bucks so I was happy with my purchase

U just have to be patient when buying know what you want and wait usuallly can find a deal

ServoBillieves
06-05-2010, 11:08 AM
To be yet another person to do so, I'll give it the thumbs up.

LtFinFan66
06-05-2010, 11:15 AM

but if your desperate then stub hub is an ok place to find tickets.totally disagree with the desperate part. I got tickets for less than face on there a couple times

LtFinFan66
06-05-2010, 11:16 AM
People buy season tickets just to own them for resale.... It is pure scalping and scalping is illegal...

I watched concerts sell out in 4 minutes only to fine a plethera of tickets to the same show on stubhub minutes after the initial sellout.is scalping really "illegal"....just wondering

tampabay25690
06-05-2010, 11:29 AM
StubHub is great I use it all the time.
use the word SYSCO when checking out and last year it use to give u a discount...
Hope this helps..