PDA

View Full Version : Want to have a laugh at Walterfootball's expense?

BillsWin
06-03-2010, 12:19 AM
I wanted to look back at some scouting reports on Troup and Carrington, and stumbled across Walterfootball's draft grades on Buffalo. And I found something that made me smile, and laugh a little bit.

He gave us a D overall, and gave the Spiller pick and F.

But the next picks go
Troup- C
Carrington- A
Easley- B
Wang- A
Moats- B
Batten- B
Brown- A
Calloway- A

So he gives us a D overall, when the majority of our picks are A's and B's.

The Spiller pick as an F is pretty laughable. He may not have filled a need, but he certainly can help our awful offense. Giving the pick an F because we didn't take Clausen is alittle stupid. It's almost like watching a toddler throw a fit.

I just found it funny.
I wouldn't have minded taking Clausen, but I'm happy we didn't take a QB higher than they should be taken just for the sake of taking a QB. *ahem* Losman *ahem*

This offseason MIGHT have been more exciting with a first round, or second round QB competing, but Spiller has a great attitude and is an explosive playmaker. I like him alot and think we finally hit on one of our first rounders.

Heres the link if you want to read: LINK (http://walterfootball.com/offseason2010buf.php)

Demon
06-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Not sure what's so funny?

It's not like you found this site 3 years after the fact and he had all misses. Maybe Spiller will be a bust? And maybe most of everyone else will be a bum too.... it's June 3rd, way too early to be calling people out for giving us bad grades. Give these kids 2-3 years and then we can laugh..... either at Walter or Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey...

BillsWin
06-03-2010, 12:24 AM

It's not like you found this site 3 years after the fact and he had all misses. Maybe Spiller will be a bust? And maybe most of everyone else will be a bum too.... it's June 3rd, way too early to be calling people out for giving us bad grades. Give these kids 2-3 years and then we can laugh..... either at Walter or Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey...

The funny thing was his reaction to us not taking a QB and giving us relatively good grades on our picks except Spiller, where he thought we should have taken Clausen.

So he gives our draft a D, when most of our picks are A's and B's.

Demon
06-03-2010, 12:28 AM
The funny thing was his reaction to us not taking a QB and giving us relatively good grades on our picks except Spiller, where he thought we should have taken Clausen.

So he gives our draft a D, when most of our picks are A's and B's.

But our top 2 picks are failures. We need to pick STARS in the first two rounds and solid role players with the rest of the picks and hope we can hit the jackpot with another pick. He obviously doesn't think highly of Troup or Spiller. I hope we prove him wrong.

And the dude is out of his mind about Claussen. lol

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2010, 01:21 AM
going by how he graded us and how the high school my brother teaches at does grade point averages...... we ended up with a 27 grade divided by 9 picks = 3. which = B grade. what a dummy this guy is.

DraftBoy
06-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Well the first problem you have is that you went to WalterFootball for anything.

mayotm
06-03-2010, 07:40 AM

It's not like you found this site 3 years after the fact and he had all misses. Maybe Spiller will be a bust? And maybe most of everyone else will be a bum too.... it's June 3rd, way too early to be calling people out for giving us bad grades. Give these kids 2-3 years and then we can laugh..... either at Walter or Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey...If it's too early to call out people for giving bad grades, isn't it also too early to be giving out the grades in the first place?

hydro
06-03-2010, 07:40 AM
Well the first problem you have is that you went to WalterFootball for anything.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_pS7sKjlzwFg/SwhG1S901pI/AAAAAAAAEiw/XSm93RIY2WE/s400/kelso-burn.jpg

ddaryl
06-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I can share in a laugh with ya Billswin... the grading was rediculous and dare I say anti-Buffalo biased

How can anyone give the Spiller pick an F the guy was top 10 talent easily...

and since none of our other picks are lower then a C how could they possibly assign a D

that definitely screams "lack of thought" grading IMO... Sure we needed a LT and a QB but there were none to be had at #9 that represented good value for the pick

Buffalogic
06-03-2010, 07:53 AM
Omg Jimmy Clausen at 9 bro!! Where'd all those people go? Can I say I told you so!!!

Night Train
06-03-2010, 07:53 AM
That's just a bad sight regardless.

The world of sports blogging is mostly junk.

ServoBillieves
06-03-2010, 08:02 AM
Clausen falls to the 3rd but we are stupid as hell and the laughing stock of the league for not taking him at 9. Stupid Bills scouts not agreeing with the rest of the league and taking a 3rd round talent in the 1st!

Buddo
06-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I think the biggest 'problem' that they can't seem to get over, is the fact that they rated Clausen so highly, even to the extent that they believed he was as good as, if not better than, Bradford.
That 'decision' alone, makes the rest of how they view things, incredibly skewed.
I've found them to be generally realistic in the past, but it seems they have 'lost the plot' this time around.
Basically they've gone out on a limb in their support of Clausen, and aren't prepared to back down.
I don't especially have an issue with them believing in Clausen, but to let it colour the rest of their analysis, is way beyond the pale, and does them no credit.

justasportsfan
06-03-2010, 09:23 AM

On the flipside, anyone who gives our draft A++ from 1sr rd. to URFA shouldn't be laughed at?

Jan Reimers
06-03-2010, 09:40 AM
Our first 2 choices - which received F and C - must have been equally weighted to produce the D, and the remaining 7, all As and Bs, totally ignored. That's a helluva grading system.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-03-2010, 10:03 AM
How many 3rd through 7th rounders ever actually pan out in this league? The draft has, every year, become increasingly shallow. I think only half of even the second rounders stay in the league four years later, or something like that.

BillsWin
06-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Our first 2 choices - which received F and C - must have been equally weighted to produce the D, and the remaining 7, all As and Bs, totally ignored. That's a helluva grading system.

Someone gets what I'm talking about.

don137
06-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Spiller fits Gailey's offensive scheme. If you can land a stud for your scheme that has high character you go and grab him. Lynch is out the door and does not fit the scheme.
Troup may need a year to get acclimated to the NFL but he also fills a major need on defense. Since this is a two year rebuild the Bills addressed two major needs.
Spiller and Troup are players you can look back in 3-4 years and say they are great fits for the Bills. If anything this proves why these guys are writing websites and not in the NFL.

DraftBoy
06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Clausen falls to the 3rd but we are stupid as hell and the laughing stock of the league for not taking him at 9. Stupid Bills scouts not agreeing with the rest of the league and taking a 3rd round talent in the 1st!

Clausen was taken in Round 2...

Ron Burgundy
06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Oh, no. This SUCKS.

Can somebody tell me how many wins are we docked for a poor draft analysis? Conversely, how many extra wins would we receive for a glowing Walterfootball grade? I want to know how badly I should be pissed, here.

methos4ever
06-03-2010, 10:47 AM
If you want to further chuckle, look at both his and Matt something or other's 2011 projections...

I think if the Bills are dumb enough to pass up on Jimmy Clausen in Round 2 for Torrell Troup, a developmental nose tackle, then they just think they can win without a good quarterback. Plus, Ryan Mallett just isn't top-five material at this point and has a lot of work to do in the mechanics department before he is considered a highly rated player. Dareus is a big-time performer with a high upside and great motor who really played great down the stretch for Alabama last year.

Buffalo's front office apparently doesn't care what its fans think because they've decided to go back to Trent Edwards, Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brian Brohm. What a disaster.

Maybe the Bills will actually come to their senses next April. For the sake of their fans, I'm giving them a quarterback. Andrew Luck can actually move around, so maybe Chan Gailey will actually think he's good enough for his amazing offense.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2010, 11:28 AM
How many 3rd through 7th rounders ever actually pan out in this league?

Many.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-03-2010, 12:57 PM
Many.
Compared to the 2nd and 1st rounders?

psubills62
06-03-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a feeling the grades were probably weighted, with the Spiller grade getting the most weight for a 1st round pick.

Then they knocked us down a letter for not drafting Clausen.

BertSquirtgum
06-03-2010, 10:42 PM
didn't matt maguire used to post on this board? either way, they are both idiots.

psubills62
06-03-2010, 10:53 PM
didn't matt maguire used to post on this board? either way, they are both idiots.

I know he used to post on bb.com's message boards, and I'm pretty sure I disagreed with him about everything. He was almost as arrogant as DraftBoy.

SABURZFAN
06-03-2010, 11:00 PM

he can bash Al Davis with the best of them.

czech54
06-04-2010, 01:48 AM
Walter Football huh?

Maybe that's a good thing they gave him a bad grade. Here's what they said about picking Byrd last year.

42. Jairus Byrd, CB/S, Oregon
Horrible pick. Poor value. Doesn't fill a need. The Bills seemingly do not understand positional value or the concept of drafting well. (Pick Grade: F)

JCBills
06-04-2010, 06:01 AM

The only reason he grades us so low is because he's on the "didn't get a QB/LT in the first 3 rounds = fail" bandwagon, that's why its funny.

DraftBoy
06-04-2010, 07:04 AM
I know he used to post on bb.com's message boards, and I'm pretty sure I disagreed with him about everything. He was almost as arrogant as DraftBoy.

Key Word: Almost

Nobody can touch me in arrogance! Im still the champ!

DraftBoy
06-04-2010, 07:06 AM
he can bash Al Davis with the best of them.

That's like picking on the slow kid in class though.