Want to have a laugh at Walterfootball's expense?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Want to have a laugh at Walterfootball's expense?

I wanted to look back at some scouting reports on Troup and Carrington, and stumbled across Walterfootball's draft grades on Buffalo. And I found something that made me smile, and laugh a little bit.

He gave us a D overall, and gave the Spiller pick and F.

But the next picks go
    Troup- C
    Carrington- A
    Easley- B
    Wang- A
    Moats- B
    Batten- B
    Brown- A
    Calloway- A

So he gives us a D overall, when the majority of our picks are A's and B's.

The Spiller pick as an F is pretty laughable. He may not have filled a need, but he certainly can help our awful offense. Giving the pick an F because we didn't take Clausen is alittle stupid. It's almost like watching a toddler throw a fit.

I just found it funny.
    I wouldn't have minded taking Clausen, but I'm happy we didn't take a QB higher than they should be taken just for the sake of taking a QB. *ahem* Losman *ahem*

This offseason MIGHT have been more exciting with a first round, or second round QB competing, but Spiller has a great attitude and is an explosive playmaker. I like him alot and think we finally hit on one of our first rounders.

Heres the link if you want to read: LINK
    I am The Batman.
  • Demon
    • Mar 2003

Re: Want to have a laugh at Walterfootball's expense?

Not sure what's so funny?

It's not like you found this site 3 years after the fact and he had all misses. Maybe Spiller will be a bust? And maybe most of everyone else will be a bum too.... it's June 3rd, way too early to be calling people out for giving us bad grades. Give these kids 2-3 years and then we can laugh..... either at Walter or Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey...
    Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Demon

It's not like you found this site 3 years after the fact and he had all misses. Maybe Spiller will be a bust? And maybe most of everyone else will be a bum too.... it's June 3rd, way too early to be calling people out for giving us bad grades. Give these kids 2-3 years and then we can laugh..... either at Walter or Buddy Nix and Chan Gailey...

The funny thing was his reaction to us not taking a QB and giving us relatively good grades on our picks except Spiller, where he thought we should have taken Clausen.

So he gives our draft a D, when most of our picks are A's and B's.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
        The funny thing was his reaction to us not taking a QB and giving us relatively good grades on our picks except Spiller, where he thought we should have taken Clausen.

So he gives our draft a D, when most of our picks are A's and B's.
        But our top 2 picks are failures. We need to pick STARS in the first two rounds and solid role players with the rest of the picks and hope we can hit the jackpot with another pick. He obviously doesn't think highly of Troup or Spiller. I hope we prove him wrong.

And the dude is out of his mind about Claussen. lol
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
          Legendary Zoner
          • May 2009

going by how he graded us and how the high school my brother teaches at does grade point averages...... we ended up with a 27 grade divided by 9 picks = 3. which = B grade. what a dummy this guy is.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Well the first problem you have is that you went to WalterFootball for anything.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

If it's too early to call out people for giving bad grades, isn't it also too early to be giving out the grades in the first place?

Comment

• hydro
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Well the first problem you have is that you went to WalterFootball for anything.
                BERNIAC!

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

I can share in a laugh with ya Billswin... the grading was rediculous and dare I say anti-Buffalo biased

How can anyone give the Spiller pick an F the guy was top 10 talent easily...

and since none of our other picks are lower then a C how could they possibly assign a D

that definitely screams "lack of thought" grading IMO... Sure we needed a LT and a QB but there were none to be had at #9 that represented good value for the pick

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

Omg Jimmy Clausen at 9 bro!! Where'd all those people go? Can I say I told you so!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

That's just a bad sight regardless.

The world of sports blogging is mostly junk.
                      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Jul 2007

Clausen falls to the 3rd but we are stupid as hell and the laughing stock of the league for not taking him at 9. Stupid Bills scouts not agreeing with the rest of the league and taking a 3rd round talent in the 1st!
                        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

I think the biggest 'problem' that they can't seem to get over, is the fact that they rated Clausen so highly, even to the extent that they believed he was as good as, if not better than, Bradford.
                          That 'decision' alone, makes the rest of how they view things, incredibly skewed.
                          I've found them to be generally realistic in the past, but it seems they have 'lost the plot' this time around.
                          Basically they've gone out on a limb in their support of Clausen, and aren't prepared to back down.
                          I don't especially have an issue with them believing in Clausen, but to let it colour the rest of their analysis, is way beyond the pale, and does them no credit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

On the flipside, anyone who gives our draft A++ from 1sr rd. to URFA shouldn't be laughed at?
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

Our first 2 choices - which received F and C - must have been equally weighted to produce the D, and the remaining 7, all As and Bs, totally ignored. That's a helluva grading system.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X