PDA

View Full Version : Fan Friday 6-4

justasportsfan
06-04-2010, 02:49 PM
1 - Chris,
How are the young group of linebackers looking? Does Aaron Maybin look to be a fit at outside linebacker? How about Chris Ellis? Going to the 3-4 makes our linebacker play crucial if we are going to have a good defense.

CB: Maybin looks the part and I think he’s a lock to be out there in obvious passing situations to take advantage of his pass rushing prowess. I do however see him getting pushed for a role on first and second downs from Chris Ellis, who is stouter against the run.

3 – Chris,
Any chance we keep all 4 qbs on our active roster come opening day?
Thanks!

CB: This is an excellent question that I’ve thought about myself. I highly doubt that all four quarterbacks will be kept on the roster.

I think Levi Brown is a lock as a developmental number three quarterback at worst. So the remaining two spots will go to two of the three that were on the roster last season.

In fact it wouldn’t shock me if before the close of training camp one that isn’t deemed an answer as a starter is moved via trade.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/04/fan-friday-6-4/

BillsWin
06-04-2010, 03:25 PM
This question is interesting:

3 – Chris,
Any chance we keep all 4 qbs on our active roster come opening day?
Thanks!
A Byrnes
CB: This is an excellent question that I’ve thought about myself. I highly doubt that all four quarterbacks will be kept on the roster.
I think Levi Brown is a lock as a developmental number three quarterback at worst. So the remaining two spots will go to two of the three that were on the roster last season.
In fact it wouldn’t shock me if before the close of training camp one that isn’t deemed an answer as a starter is moved via trade.

The only QB we have on roster with any trade value would be Edwards. Fitzpatrick is a "wait until he's a free agent" kind of guy, Brohm's trade value at the moment is nothing worth considering, and Levi (according to Brown) is a lock to make the depth chart.

Could Brohm be the starter, Fitzpatrick our back up and Brown as the third, with Edwards being shipped off for a fourth, fifth or sixth round pick?

Doubt this happens, but I like stirring the pot. And if you think about it Edwards really is the only QB on our roster with any trade value at the moment...

Night Train
06-05-2010, 07:46 AM
This question is interesting:

The only QB we have on roster with any trade value would be Edwards. Fitzpatrick is a "wait until he's a free agent" kind of guy, Brohm's trade value at the moment is nothing worth considering, and Levi (according to Brown) is a lock to make the depth chart.

Could Brohm be the starter, Fitzpatrick our back up and Brown as the third, with Edwards being shipped off for a fourth, fifth or sixth round pick?

Doubt this happens, but I like stirring the pot. And if you think about it Edwards really is the only QB on our roster with any trade value at the moment...

I'll take any avenue towards getting Edwards OFF this roster.

Dr. Pepper
06-05-2010, 09:12 AM
me too... edwards isnt a fan of the Bills anyway, so i doubt hed care.