• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Marcus Easley making noise.

I posted a thread on Easley a while ago, here is part of it:

You can call it a hunch, you can call it blind homerism, or unfounded enthusiasm. But, it is my opinion that Marcus Easley is going to be our number two wide receiver in the (near) future and a good one at that.

I know that he has a lot of work to do, being a walk on player and only having one year of solid playtime. But there are flashes there of his speed and instinct. He's got good hands too, people.

I just see something in this kid.

Something about Easley screams star wide receiver to me.
    After seeing some highlights and reading Chris Brown's reports, I am even more excited about this kid. This quote by him was great to:

“I had my fingertips on it, but I couldn’t squeeze it like I wanted to,” Easley said. “Still no excuses I was wide open, the ball hit my hands, I’ve got to come down with it.”
    You don't hear that from a lot of receivers. Way to take responsibility Easley, it will only make you stronger.

Let's face it, the job is just as much available to him as it is to Hardy and Steve Johnson.

Buddy Nix didn't draft either of those two, and if they think Easley is going to be good, they'll give him every opportunity to win the No. 2 receiver job.

I don't think he'll start the year as our No. 2, but I think he'll see some time there and I believe his future is bright.
    I am The Batman.
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marcus Easley making noise.

Not to be a pessimist, but WR doesnt make those kind of comments?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsWin
      man amongst boys
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DraftBoy
      Not to be a pessimist, but WR doesnt make those kind of comments?
      "no excuses"

I never hear wide receivers say there are no excuses for dropped passes. I hear a lot of, "it was just a little too long" or "we weren't on the same page" or "I ran a different route".

Come on DB, we all know that wide receiver is a position dominated by divas. To hear something like "no excuses, if its there I have to catch it." is different from the norm.

Not all wide receivers are prima donnas, but a good amount are. Especially in today's game.
      I am The Batman.

Comment

• Griff
        • Jul 2008

I could give a rats ass if he's a primadonna, if TO could catch he could've *****ed all day long and I would've been okay with it at this point.

Comment

• Thief
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BillsWin
          "no excuses"

I never hear wide receivers say there are no excuses for dropped passes. I hear a lot of, "it was just a little too long" or "we weren't on the same page" or "I ran a different route".

Come on DB, we all know that wide receiver is a position dominated by divas. To hear something like "no excuses, if its there I have to catch it." is different from the norm.

Not all wide receivers are prima donnas, but a good amount are. Especially in today's game.
          Well, if it hit him in the hands, I don't know how he could say any of that.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
            • Nov 2005

That rip you just heard was the premise of this thread stretching to the breaking point.

Comment

• hydro
              • Oct 2005

Wow, these off-seasons are way too long
              BERNIAC!

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

And to think, there was a thread complaining of Steve Johnson love ...
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsWin
                  man amongst boys
                  • Oct 2008

You guys are so ...

you!
                  I am The Batman.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

I love our draft and I like him especially. He reminds one of Eric Moulds. Since WR take 3 year anyways to learn the position his lack of production prior to this year may be a none issue. Physically he has all the tools and had a great year. If he is indeed a character guy and hard worker he may crack the line up at some piont. He is perfect for this offence as he has great size...but he also runs 4.4's so he is a dual threat. Can't wait for pre season.

After seeing some highlights and reading Chris Brown's reports, I am even more excited about this kid. This quote by him was great to:

You don't hear that from a lot of receivers. Way to take responsibility Easley, it will only make you stronger.

Let's face it, the job is just as much available to him as it is to Hardy and Steve Johnson.

Buddy Nix didn't draft either of those two, and if they think Easley is going to be good, they'll give him every opportunity to win the No. 2 receiver job.

I don't think he'll start the year as our No. 2, but I think he'll see some time there and I believe his future is bright.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                      • Feb 2009

Acehole, I couldn't pin point what type of receiver Easly was but you hit the nail on the head. Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if Easly was the starter this year, I hoped it was Hardy. He's been ok but nothing eye popping.

Comment

• clumping platelets

I have his jersey

Comment

• YardRat
                          Well, lookie here...
                          • Dec 2004

"If the ball was thrown a split-second sooner, I would've had it." - Ronnie Harmon
                          YardRat Wall of Fame
                          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                            I have his jersey
                            Oh yeah!
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• Spiderweb
                              ....formerly OhBF
                              • Sep 2003

Before we anoint Easley as the second coming, can't we even wait til he's played at least 1 or 2 preseason games, let along a real game...?
                              Spiderweb

Need a Hero? Try looking within your
                              own family. You might be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                              X