PDA

View Full Version : Brohm takes all first-team reps

BillsWin
06-05-2010, 04:02 PM
The Bills continued their quarterback rotation. Brian Brohm took the first snaps in both the 7-on-7 session and the 11-on-11 session. Trent Edwards was second, Ryan Fitzpatrick third and Levi Brown fourth in the morning rotation.

LINK (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/06/ot-wang-injured.html)

Doesn't mean anything, but it is pretty evident that even if OBD wants Edwards to start, they're giving Brohm and Fitzpatrick every opportunity to step up to the plate.

hydro
06-05-2010, 05:38 PM
They really did get even reps today in practice.

-Fitz looked horrible and Brohm had a few nice throws.
-Edwards... well he did fine I guess.
-Roscoe got a LOT of looks today. Probably the most out of anyone.
-Huggins has hands of stone.

That is all I can remember. It was hard to pay attention to a practice without pads.

BertSquirtgum
06-05-2010, 07:14 PM
brohm, brohm, he's our man. if he can't do it, no one can. yes, i just said that.

buffalobillsfan95
06-05-2010, 07:22 PM
i understand giving edawards 1,2 maybe 3 chances but we cant keep giving him chances if he wont step up. Brohm needs a chance and he SHOULD start this season

BILLSROCK1212
06-05-2010, 07:51 PM
It seems as if Roscoe is really stepping up to the plate this year, or this coaching staff knows how to get him involved. It's still early, but I like what I hear.

k-oneputt
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
It seems as if Roscoe is really stepping up to the plate this year, or this coaching staff knows how to get him involved. It's still early, but I like what I hear.

It's amazing what might happen with competent coaching. He's been misused/not used since he's been here. I know he had Josh Reed in front of him and he's a good blocker.

Typ0
06-05-2010, 08:39 PM
The only chance TE deserves is to go out and compete for the job just like everyone else on the roster. If he beats them out then he starts. That's not giving him another chance it's putting the best you have in there. If he's better starting someone else defeats the whole process of preparing for the season. I don't think your logic is sound.

i understand giving edawards 1,2 maybe 3 chances but we cant keep giving him chances if he wont step up. Brohm needs a chance and he SHOULD start this season

better days
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
LINK (http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2010/06/ot-wang-injured.html)

Doesn't mean anything, but it is pretty evident that even if OBD wants Edwards to start, they're giving Brohm and Fitzpatrick every opportunity to step up to the plate.

This FO has no investment in Edwards. They did sign Brohm last year. I don't think they really care who steps it up & shows enough to start, hopefully someone does.

BertSquirtgum
06-05-2010, 11:00 PM

That is all I can remember. It was hard to pay attention to a practice without pads.
i would be willing to bet that fitzy gets cut

hydro
06-05-2010, 11:06 PM
He was throwing erratically about half the time. Just like we saw last season. One time he held on to the ball too long trying to zip it to a receiver. The just doesn't have the arm for the NFL.

BertSquirtgum
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
that's always been the problem with fitzpatrick. for every perfect pass there are 5 ****ty off target passes.

BillsWin
06-05-2010, 11:33 PM
A. Fitz has always had an awkward release and overall style of play. I've said this for a while. He looks odd out there on the field. I don't know what it is.

B. I heard Brohm looked real sharp today, was anyone else at practice and can verify this?

From everything I've gathered, Brohm and Edwards are looking the sharpest. With Chris Brown saying in Fan Friday that Brown is virtually a lock to be the third QB, I'd say Fitz gets cut.

hydro
06-05-2010, 11:51 PM
A. Fitz has always had an awkward release and overall style of play. I've said this for a while. He looks odd out there on the field. I don't know what it is.

B. I heard Brohm looked real sharp today, was anyone else at practice and can verify this?

From everything I've gathered, Brohm and Edwards are looking the sharpest. With Chris Brown saying in Fan Friday that Brown is virtually a lock to be the third QB, I'd say Fitz gets cut.

My first post was from what I saw at the practice. Brohm had a nice tight spiral and only made a few passes that were off target. Nothing you wouldn't see out of any QB once in a while.

BillsWin
06-06-2010, 12:03 AM
My first post was from what I saw at the practice. Brohm had a nice tight spiral and only made a few passes that were off target. Nothing you wouldn't see out of any QB once in a while.

Good stuff. I hope he steps up. I have no interest in Edwards or Fitzpatrick anymore and hope Brohm can take the job. Even if Brohm isn't the answer, I like some of the QB's coming out in this coming up draft and at least we gave this former second round pick a try.

soapman
06-06-2010, 12:42 AM

He should start because what, it's his turn in the rotation? He's proven squat.

Spiderweb
06-06-2010, 12:47 AM
that's always been the problem with fitzpatrick. for every perfect pass there are 5 ****ty off target passes.

No my freinds, that's the truth!

Fitz drove me nuts last year doing just that.

Night Train
06-06-2010, 04:51 AM
Yup. That's him to the letter.

jamze132
06-06-2010, 08:19 AM

Does that mean he can catch or not?

Michael82
06-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Fitzpatrick will be cut after Training Camp, IMO. I think that Brohm will win the job because Edwards is doing nothing to keep it. Brohm looked better between the 3.

hydro
06-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Does that mean he can catch or not?

It's never been an endearing quality. Not sure how anyone could think that it means he can catch.

HHURRICANE
06-06-2010, 09:09 AM
If Fitzpatrick was called upon to win a few games a year like most backups he's as solid a backup as we can get. He's not a starter and we never brought him in to start.

My money is still on Brohm getting cut but if he wins the starting job than all the power to him. I think Edwards is the best QB on the team but if he can't win an open competition against these other castoffs than he shouldn't be in the NFL.

methos4ever
06-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Or traded to the Bears as a Martz disciple backup...

acehole
06-06-2010, 09:49 AM

The idea of spiller and him on field at same time would have to draw safties back a bit....that should open up the running game a bit....Reed was really good at finding the open spot but couldnt do much with is when he caught it. Roscoe should fair better with the ball in the open field. So even if Trent gets the nod they may not stack the line like they did. The most interesting battle will be #2 WR ..Johnson? Hardy? Easley? All three possible in a rotation will mess up deffense....going to be fun to watch this unfold....

acehole
06-06-2010, 09:52 AM
If Fitzpatrick was called upon to win a few games a year like most backups he's as solid a backup as we can get. He's not a starter and we never brought him in to start.

My money is still on Brohm getting cut but if he wins the starting job than all the power to him. I think Edwards is the best QB on the team but if he can't win an open competition against these other castoffs than he shouldn't be in the NFL.

I am most excited about Brom and Brown. Fitz and Trend don't seem to have "IT"so why waste time. Although Trent gives us the best chance to win at this piont in time. I would rather start taking my lumps with other 2 to get them playing time as we are 1-2 year away from filling holes and depth.

methos4ever
06-06-2010, 09:59 AM
The idea of spiller and him on field at same time would have to draw safties back a bit....that should open up the running game a bit....Reed was really good at finding the open spot but couldnt do much with is when he caught it. Roscoe should fair better with the ball in the open field. So even if Trent gets the nod they may not stack the line like they did. The most interesting battle will be #2 WR ..Johnson? Hardy? Easley? All three possible in a rotation will mess up deffense....going to be fun to watch this unfold....
Agreed Ace,

I think if you get Easley (Run blocking ability + size/speed), Parrish and CJ on the field at the same time, with Evans on the other side, 23 or FJax as well, with McIntyre as FB we could just have the QB leave the field on some downs and go wildcat.

I'd agree to disagree on the QB front. If one of them steps up, the "IT" would be them winning, not anything else. And with a hopefully competent coaching staff someone will emerge.

jamze132
06-06-2010, 11:17 AM
It's never been an endearing quality. Not sure how anyone could think that it means he can catch.
Thought so.

justasportsfan
06-06-2010, 11:22 AM
I'd keep TE, Brohm and Brown. At least all three want to start and will be looking to take away the starting the position if given the chance. If reports are true Fitz is satisfied being a back up, I don't want him.

FlyingDutchman
06-06-2010, 11:34 AM

I feel like every year Roscoe is a preseason practice all american and gets a ton of looks, and then the season starts and hes invisible

Ground Chuck
06-06-2010, 12:14 PM
I would get rid of whoever makes the most money. They all suck.

SABURZFAN
06-06-2010, 02:27 PM
he can't be any worse than Edwards or Fitz.

SABURZFAN
06-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I would get rid of whoever makes the most money. They all suck.

wouldn't that be Fitz? :idunno:

acehole
06-06-2010, 03:11 PM
he can't be any worse than Edwards or Fitz.

i keep better of fitz edwards ...then keep brom levi

billz83
06-07-2010, 01:17 AM
i will continue to state they all are CRAP! they wouldnt even be backups on a decent team..Amazing how the bills seem to think one of them is talented enough to start for our team..