• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Brohm takes all first-team reps

The Bills continued their quarterback rotation. Brian Brohm took the first snaps in both the 7-on-7 session and the 11-on-11 session. Trent Edwards was second, Ryan Fitzpatrick third and Levi Brown fourth in the morning rotation.

LINK

Doesn't mean anything, but it is pretty evident that even if OBD wants Edwards to start, they're giving Brohm and Fitzpatrick every opportunity to step up to the plate.
    I am The Batman.
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Re: Brohm takes all first-team reps

They really did get even reps today in practice.

-Fitz looked horrible and Brohm had a few nice throws.
    -Edwards... well he did fine I guess.
    -Roscoe got a LOT of looks today. Probably the most out of anyone.
    -Huggins has hands of stone.

That is all I can remember. It was hard to pay attention to a practice without pads.
    BERNIAC!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
      Legendary Zoner
      • May 2009

brohm, brohm, he's our man. if he can't do it, no one can. yes, i just said that.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
        • Jan 2010

i understand giving edawards 1,2 maybe 3 chances but we cant keep giving him chances if he wont step up. Brohm needs a chance and he SHOULD start this season
        “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

It seems as if Roscoe is really stepping up to the plate this year, or this coaching staff knows how to get him involved. It's still early, but I like what I hear.

Comment

• k-oneputt
            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
            It seems as if Roscoe is really stepping up to the plate this year, or this coaching staff knows how to get him involved. It's still early, but I like what I hear.
            It's amazing what might happen with competent coaching. He's been misused/not used since he's been here. I know he had Josh Reed in front of him and he's a good blocker.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

The only chance TE deserves is to go out and compete for the job just like everyone else on the roster. If he beats them out then he starts. That's not giving him another chance it's putting the best you have in there. If he's better starting someone else defeats the whole process of preparing for the season. I don't think your logic is sound.

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95
              i understand giving edawards 1,2 maybe 3 chances but we cant keep giving him chances if he wont step up. Brohm needs a chance and he SHOULD start this season

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BillsWin

LINK

Doesn't mean anything, but it is pretty evident that even if OBD wants Edwards to start, they're giving Brohm and Fitzpatrick every opportunity to step up to the plate.
                This FO has no investment in Edwards. They did sign Brohm last year. I don't think they really care who steps it up & shows enough to start, hopefully someone does.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                  They really did get even reps today in practice.

-Fitz looked horrible and Brohm had a few nice throws.
                  -Edwards... well he did fine I guess.
                  -Roscoe got a LOT of looks today. Probably the most out of anyone.
                  -Huggins has hands of stone.

That is all I can remember. It was hard to pay attention to a practice without pads.
                  i would be willing to bet that fitzy gets cut

Comment

• hydro
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                    i would be willing to bet that fitzy gets cut
                    He was throwing erratically about half the time. Just like we saw last season. One time he held on to the ball too long trying to zip it to a receiver. The just doesn't have the arm for the NFL.
                    BERNIAC!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • May 2009

that's always been the problem with fitzpatrick. for every perfect pass there are 5 ****ty off target passes.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

A. Fitz has always had an awkward release and overall style of play. I've said this for a while. He looks odd out there on the field. I don't know what it is.

B. I heard Brohm looked real sharp today, was anyone else at practice and can verify this?

From everything I've gathered, Brohm and Edwards are looking the sharpest. With Chris Brown saying in Fan Friday that Brown is virtually a lock to be the third QB, I'd say Fitz gets cut.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• hydro
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsWin
                          A. Fitz has always had an awkward release and overall style of play. I've said this for a while. He looks odd out there on the field. I don't know what it is.

B. I heard Brohm looked real sharp today, was anyone else at practice and can verify this?

From everything I've gathered, Brohm and Edwards are looking the sharpest. With Chris Brown saying in Fan Friday that Brown is virtually a lock to be the third QB, I'd say Fitz gets cut.
                          My first post was from what I saw at the practice. Brohm had a nice tight spiral and only made a few passes that were off target. Nothing you wouldn't see out of any QB once in a while.
                          BERNIAC!

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                            My first post was from what I saw at the practice. Brohm had a nice tight spiral and only made a few passes that were off target. Nothing you wouldn't see out of any QB once in a while.
                            Good stuff. I hope he steps up. I have no interest in Edwards or Fitzpatrick anymore and hope Brohm can take the job. Even if Brohm isn't the answer, I like some of the QB's coming out in this coming up draft and at least we gave this former second round pick a try.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• soapman
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by buffalobillsfan95
                              He should start because what, it's his turn in the rotation? He's proven squat.

Comment

Working...
                              X