PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Press Is Talking About Aquiring Lynch - FWIW

Night Train
06-05-2010, 07:13 PM
Cutting LenDale White has them looking. I view Lynch as a total distraction and according to John Murphy, he basically showed up this week to beg off the team. Jackson & Spiller deserve the touches.

http://www.seattlepi.com/sound/421121_sound95546909.html?source=mypi

Tatonka
06-05-2010, 08:33 PM
if we trade lynch at this point, it has to be for a player.. not a draft pick. otherwise it does absolutely nothing for us this year.. and to be honest, anything we get for a pick is not going to be enough vs. the value of him as a back up if there is an injury.

tampabay25690
06-05-2010, 09:48 PM
if we trade lynch at this point, it has to be for a player.. not a draft pick. otherwise it does absolutely nothing for us this year.. and to be honest, anything we get for a pick is not going to be enough vs. the value of him as a back up if there is an injury.

I disagree 150%% with you a draft pick would be fine.
Best value.....

psubills62
06-05-2010, 09:52 PM

I'd be all for a draft pick. This season is another rebuilding year anyway.

better days
06-05-2010, 09:57 PM
I'd be all for a draft pick. This season is another rebuilding year anyway.

I agree, but the pick has to be at least a 2nd rnd.

YardRat
06-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Depends on what the pick is.

Mr. Pink
06-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Lets see...

Malcontent with problems staying in trouble...who doesn't show up to workout and take part in drills with the team...

You think that has value?

jimbledsoe
06-05-2010, 10:25 PM
I agree, but the pick has to be at least a 2nd rnd.

I agree, I would not be happy if we traded away Lynch for anything less than a 2nd round pick or an offensive tackle.

I would be happier to have him on the team to help in a three headed monster or as a very capable backup in case of injury.

Also, once camp gets going, I would imagine that his value will go up once injuries start to occur.

SquishDaFish
06-05-2010, 10:27 PM
2nd rounder or higher if its a draft pick. I rather not trade him right now. Let him hit the field if he likes it or not and increase his value for the draft day trade.

PromoTheRobot
06-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I just read the article. The headline is "breaking down the possibility..." but there is absolutely nothing in the story that says anyone is making a deal for Lynch. All it says is LenDale White was cut and Lynch is disgruntled. Nothing more.

PTR

clumping platelets
06-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I'll take a cond 2011 pick. That could be the best option for both teams.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2010, 11:09 PM
A used condom is about all he's worth.

TacklingDummy
06-05-2010, 11:15 PM
And that's too much.

BertSquirtgum
06-05-2010, 11:32 PM
i'm all for getting him out of here but not for free. i wish he wasn't being such a douche, it would be great to have a three headed monster but i feel they need to get him out of here. nothing less than a 3rd though. otherwise i would let the piss pot rot on the bench.

Tatonka
06-05-2010, 11:52 PM
if we keep him.. he will straighten up.

Buffalogic
06-06-2010, 01:02 AM
Why trade Lynch now if we refused a 3rd rounder for him on draft day?

This situation gets weirder and weirder by the day.

Night Train
06-06-2010, 04:39 AM
A 2nd Rounder ? Are you folks serious ? I sincerely doubt Seattle would ever offer that.

Clump has the best idea... a conditional on performance and it might not be that high. Seattle does not have a 3rd rounder next year.

jamze132
06-06-2010, 08:21 AM
We will never get anything better than a 5th for Lynch. I think the best thing to do is package him and a pick for a starting LT.

SquishDaFish
06-06-2010, 08:34 AM
We will never get anything better than a 5th for Lynch. I think the best thing to do is package him and a pick for a starting LT.

Well thats not going to happen. Keep him and let him hopefully increase his value for next draft time.

HHURRICANE
06-06-2010, 09:33 AM
People, welcome to the NFL home of the disgruntled player. The Bills need to start managing their issues better.

We need all 3 RBs. Period. We will be in trouble going into the season with just Jackson and Spiller.

Everytime the Bills get rid of a player that they can't manage, i.e. Peters, the player doesn't get hurt our team does.

Buddy Nix better be figuring this out.

justasportsfan
06-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Lets see...

Malcontent with problems staying in trouble...who doesn't show up to workout and take part in drills with the team...

You think that has value?

the value is based on how desperate the seashawks get. They gave up a 3rd for Whitehurst.

Mr. Pink
06-06-2010, 11:02 AM
the value is based on how desperate the seashawks get. They gave up a 3rd for Whitehurst.

Whitehurst is a QB...with potential...without off the field issues.

No comparison.

Lynch is basically one strike away from being Lawrence Phillps.

jamze132
06-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Well thats not going to happen. Keep him and let him hopefully increase his value for next draft time.
So you propose to keep a guy who is a clubhouse cancer in waiting? It's blatantly obvious he doesn't want to be apart of Gailey's team. I doubt Gailey and the rest of the staff, to inlcude the players want anyone around who is going to have a negative vibe.

justasportsfan
06-06-2010, 11:19 AM
Whitehurst is a QB...with potential...without off the field issues.

No comparison.

Lynch is basically one strike away from being Lawrence Phillps.

Thigpen is more proven than Whitehurst. I doubt he was traded for a 3rd. The value of a player is based on the team that wants him. Not what YOU think he is worth. "IF" Seattle becomes desperate , Lynch's value goes up.

TacklingDummy
06-06-2010, 12:27 PM
We need all 3 RBs. Period. We will be in trouble going into the season with just Jackson and Spiller.Why?

Everytime the Bills get rid of a player that they can't manage, i.e. Peters, the player doesn't get hurt our team does.

Actually Peters was hurt for the 3rd year in a row.

better days
06-06-2010, 12:37 PM

& a 4th in the last draft.

better days
06-06-2010, 12:43 PM
So you propose to keep a guy who is a clubhouse cancer in waiting? It's blatantly obvious he doesn't want to be apart of Gailey's team. I doubt Gailey and the rest of the staff, to inlcude the players want anyone around who is going to have a negative vibe.

The Bucs did just that with Keenen McCardell. When he became a Cancer the Bucs sent him home but did not trade him. Not only did the Bucs trade him the next year to S.D. but McCardell had to pay the Bucs back a LOT of money.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2010, 12:56 PM
i wouldn't care if they let the little ***** ride the pine.

jamze132
06-06-2010, 01:41 PM
The Bucs did just that with Keenen McCardell. When he became a Cancer the Bucs sent him home but did not trade him. Not only did the Bucs trade him the next year to S.D. but McCardell had to pay the Bucs back a LOT of money.
So we should keep Lynch and his bad attitude around in the hopes of collecting money?

Glad you aren't Buddy Nix.

SABURZFAN
06-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Why trade Lynch now if we refused a 3rd rounder for him on draft day?

This situation gets weirder and weirder by the day.

this is the first i've heard of this. who offered the Bills a 3rd rounder on draft day?

better days
06-06-2010, 03:25 PM
So we should keep Lynch and his bad attitude around in the hopes of collecting money?

Glad you aren't Buddy Nix.

Not in the hope of collecting money but to send a message to other players. You will not hold this team hostage & get what you want by being a Cancer. McCardell not only lost a year but had to pay back a lot of money, a message sent to all players & their agents.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2010, 03:59 PM
this dude went from one of my favorite players a year ago to my now one of my most hated players. i almost hate him as much as tom brady. he is such a **** that i hope the bills do to lynch, what the bucs did to mccardell.

YardRat
06-06-2010, 04:54 PM
this is the first i've heard of this. who offered the Bills a 3rd rounder on draft day?

I think the rumor was Seattle offered a third in '11, but Buffalo was holding out for a second.

ParanoidAndroid
06-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Colin Cole

Mr. Pink
06-06-2010, 06:01 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how people here think our trash holds some sort of value and that we hold the upper hand and can demand things.

TigerJ
06-06-2010, 08:36 PM
A used condom is about all he's worth.As far as Buffalo (and Buffalo fans) are concerned, his value is dropping with every passing day. However, he still has the same talent he had coming out of college when Buffalo made him a first round pick. Teams may discount his value somewhat because of his off field issues and his obviously immature reponse to circumstances in Buffalo, but he should still command at least a third and maybe a second if a team needs a running back badly enough.

clumping platelets
06-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Clump has the best idea...

No surprise here

SABURZFAN
06-07-2010, 04:17 AM
I think the rumor was Seattle offered a third in '11, but Buffalo was holding out for a second.

they should have taken that 3rd when they had the chance.

SABURZFAN
06-07-2010, 04:21 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how people here think our trash holds some sort of value and that we hold the upper hand and can demand things.

if they can do it in Madden, they can do it in the NFL.

jamze132
06-07-2010, 07:41 AM
Not in the hope of collecting money but to send a message to other players. You will not hold this team hostage & get what you want by being a Cancer. McCardell not only lost a year but had to pay back a lot of money, a message sent to all players & their agents.
I think its more important at this stage in Buffalo to only keep players around who give a ****. Everyone is getting a fresh start under the new regime and the last thing a team needs that is trying to build chemistry, is a bad apple.

I understand your stance, I just don't think this is the right situation to play hardball with a player who wants out.

trapezeus
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM

in this case our trash is seattle's gold. We are past the draft, they still have an RB issue, and not a lot of options.

The second round from Seattle is simply because they don't have a 3rd pick to offer. and if 3 wasnt good enough before, it's not good enough now.

The bills are on the back end of lynch's contract. paying him to sit on the sidelines doesn't cost them much. And it's probably an issue other NFL teams would like to see handled like that. Because they hate that contracts aren't honored by anyone these days.

So the bills really have nothing to lose but a couple hundred K to keep him on the bench or wait for a desperate team to overpay.

the second we pass the trade deadline though, his value will go to zero and there won't be any better trade offers next year with a full year of him being a 3rd string RB.

Mr. Pink
06-07-2010, 08:24 AM
in this case our trash is seattle's gold. We are past the draft, they still have an RB issue, and not a lot of options.

The second round from Seattle is simply because they don't have a 3rd pick to offer. and if 3 wasnt good enough before, it's not good enough now.

The bills are on the back end of lynch's contract. paying him to sit on the sidelines doesn't cost them much. And it's probably an issue other NFL teams would like to see handled like that. Because they hate that contracts aren't honored by anyone these days.

So the bills really have nothing to lose but a couple hundred K to keep him on the bench or wait for a desperate team to overpay.

the second we pass the trade deadline though, his value will go to zero and there won't be any better trade offers next year with a full year of him being a 3rd string RB.

The Hawks have Forsett, Julius Jones and Leon Washington.

Where does Lynch fit in exactly?

And why does Seattle overspend on a trade for a guy who wouldn't be the number 1 RB anyways?

better days
06-07-2010, 08:51 AM

And why does Seattle overspend on a trade for a guy who wouldn't be the number 1 RB anyways?

There is no question Lynch would be #1 in Seattle, & they overpaid for a QB that may not even be the back up. I hear JP is looking good out there.

trapezeus
06-07-2010, 09:21 AM

julius jones has fallen out of favor with them, leon washington is coming off major leg injury, and they already overpaid for lendale white.

the word is that they want another strong RB.The bills have that in lynch. not a lot of other teams have Rb's to spare.

Bulldog
06-07-2010, 10:14 AM

People on this board would be ready to commit suicide if that was Buffalo's RB options. Lynch would be the # 1 if traded to Seattle.

Mr. Pink
06-07-2010, 10:40 AM
People on this board would be ready to commit suicide if that was Buffalo's RB options. Lynch would be the # 1 if traded to Seattle.

Lynch and Julius Jones are the same type of back.

The guy we just drafted is the same type of back as Washington.

Forsett averaged over 5 ypc last year.

I don't see how people here would be ready to commit suicide if those were our options nor how Lynch would automatically be the starter in Seattle.

trapezeus
06-07-2010, 10:41 AM
lynch is like 5-7 years younger. a lot less wear and tear thanks to suspensions and losing the starting role.

Philagape
06-07-2010, 10:51 AM
Despite who they already had, the Seahawks wanted LenDale White enough to trade for him, so some kind of demand is there

better days
06-07-2010, 10:56 AM
julius jones has fallen out of favor with them, leon washington is coming off major leg injury, and they already overpaid for lendale white.

the word is that they want another strong RB.The bills have that in lynch. not a lot of other teams have Rb's to spare.

They did not give up much for white, they just switched draft positions with the Titans on a couple lower rnd picks. Seattle also got a back up DL player in the deal.

YardRat
06-09-2010, 05:45 AM
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=1447

Carroll said that trading for disgruntled Buffalo Bills RB Marshawn Lynch "could happen", but also insinuated that someone already in Seahawks camp could fill that role.

Ed
06-09-2010, 04:22 PM
I find it hard to believe that Seattle would trade another draft pick for a questionable RB, when they already wasted a draft pick on Lendale White.