PDA

View Full Version : Losing Wang may speed up a move for a LT

X-Era
06-06-2010, 07:53 AM
My feeling is that Gaither will be moved somewhere before training camp. Now, with Wang hurt, the Bills may be more pressed to get a deal done.

Thoughts?

jamze132
06-06-2010, 07:57 AM
Well it should have happened a while ago.

SquishDaFish
06-06-2010, 08:35 AM
I dont see if happening. Im sure they werent having the thinking of him starting at LT so no. Maybe sign another depth guy if Wang is out long term if that.

hydro
06-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Yeah I just don't see this. Maybe if Gaither was the last piece for a playoff caliber team. We are rebuilding. There is no desperation at this point.

JCBills
06-06-2010, 09:11 AM
My feeling is that Gaither will be moved somewhere before training camp. Now, with Wang hurt, the Bills may be more pressed to get a deal done.

Thoughts?

I really don't think they were going to lean on a rookie OT who is probably still a ways off from being ready. I doubt they're sitting there in a panic, if Gaither was going to get moved, I feel like it would have happened already, and I still don't think the deal would be worth it.

YardRat
06-06-2010, 10:46 AM
I hope so, but I doubt it. I'd be surprised if Nix and Co were leaning heavily on Wang contributing too much this season anyway.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2010, 12:17 PM
not going to happen unless lynch gets moved for a pick and they use that pick and another to get gaither.

Buddo
06-06-2010, 01:05 PM
I don't think they are in 'panic mode' about this, at all.
Apparently with Torbor signing, they are now at their full compliment for this stage of proceedings. I doubt that Wang was expected to be contributing this year anyway. I did think they might bring another body in for the remaining OTAs, if he isn't going to be ready until TC, but now I'm not so sure.
I think the 'plan', is to be evaluating what they've got through the OTAs, and if they aren't convinced then, they will make a move before TC.
Gaither, for the right price, would have made sense, as an obvious improvement, but I don't think they feel forced to move as yet.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-06-2010, 01:27 PM
Being realistic, Gaither's price just shot through the roof with the Wang injury-- I don't see Buddy getting the deal done.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Being realistic, Gaither's price just shot through the roof with the Wang injury-- I don't see Buddy getting the deal done.

nope, actually, it's the same as it was.

Philagape
06-06-2010, 02:57 PM
Why? It's not as if Wang was going to start.

SABURZFAN
06-06-2010, 03:04 PM

Thoughts?

i think they wait for somebody (maybe a veteran) to get cut in August.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-06-2010, 06:59 PM
nope, actually, it's the same as it was. And you know this how? The Bills need an LT even more now-- laws of economics dictate the Ravens can demand a higher price.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2010, 07:24 PM
so us losing a 5th round practice squad guy is going to raise the price for gaither? get real dude. you've been in the woods too long.

Johnny Bugmenot
06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
so us losing a 5th round practice squad guy is going to raise the price for gaither? get real dude. you've been in the woods too long. He's the only LT that hasn't proven himself a bust yet.

BertSquirtgum
06-06-2010, 08:51 PM
i don't recall any left tackle bust being on the bills' roster. we have some late round draft picks that haven't proven to be as capable as we hoped but i don't see any busts on the roster.

X-Era
06-07-2010, 03:35 PM
More fuel for the fire:

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/06/07/chargers-lt-mcneill-still-holding-out/

This line is especially interesting from CB:

"Buffalo’s situation at left tackle is anything but set in stone at this point, and McNeill has a familiarity with Bills GM Buddy Nix."

Its interesting that this comment came on the heels of Gaither signing his tender.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/2010/06/07/gaither-signs-tender/

But its worth noting that the Chargers have no one else of note after McNeil to fill in if he were to be traded.

I don't think we consider the LT spot manned yet. I really think we end up with a new starting LT before training camp. The situation with Wang only makes it a bit more volatile.

billz83
06-09-2010, 02:11 AM
i hope they make a move either soon or before the season and upgrade this Oline!

better days
06-09-2010, 06:52 AM
i hope they make a move either soon or before the season and upgrade this Oline!

If they can trade for a LT without giving up too much, I think they will. I don't see them over paying or signing an old oft injured vet like Adams though because it would serve no purpose. The Bills are not going to be in the hunt this year no matter who is at LT.

realdealryan
06-09-2010, 04:14 PM
But its worth noting that the Chargers have no one else of note after McNeil to fill in if he were to be traded.

More interesting now that Tra Thomas is signed in SD...

JCBills
06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
He's the only LT that hasn't proven himself a bust yet.

Lol, what?

Johnny Bugmenot
06-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Lol, what?
Are you stupid, or did you not see Demetrius "The Penalty Machine" Bell and Jamon "The Human Turnstile" Meredith in action last year?

TigerJ
06-09-2010, 05:29 PM
I doubt Wang was ever thought of as a starter this season by the Bills. Chances are he'll be healthy enough to play in September, but he loses a good bit of the development that should happen during training camp. Right now, without an acquisition via trade the Bills are counting on a competition between Bell and Meredith to yield what they hope will be a serviceable starter. Losing Wang really has no bearing on that. I have no sense of whether or not the Bills are even thinking about a trade for a left tackle, and I don't think they are at all inclined to tell us.

X-Era
06-10-2010, 08:31 PM
ESPN Insider has comments on guys like:

McNeill who, at least in AJ Smith's estimation , will be out a long time (holdout).

Donald Penn, who wants a new deal and may holdout.

X-Era
06-12-2010, 07:14 PM
Hmmm, even more fuel to the fire:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5267660&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

BertSquirtgum
06-12-2010, 08:46 PM
x. what does that have to do with the bills? are you saying you think the bills will try and trade for him?

X-Era
06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
x. what does that have to do with the bills? are you saying you think the bills will try and trade for him?

I was hoping others would make those links.

Yeah, I hope that Nix's previous experience with us and the Bills knowing AJ, and our need for a LT, and their need for a vet RB (maybe) even after drafting Mathews (cough-Lynch-cough) could add up to something.

Chris Brown commenting on it.

I think it bares watching.

BertSquirtgum
06-13-2010, 12:24 AM
i would get a huge boner if the bills traded lynch for mcneil. obviously, it would take more than just lynch but i would still get a boner.