PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish wants a bigger role in the Bills Offense

Syderick
06-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Roscoe Parrish is trying to get a bigger role in the Bills Offense this season:

http://www.billsgab.com/2010/06/06/roscoe-parrish-wants-a-bigger-role-in-the-bills-offense/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BillsGab+%28Bills+Gab%29

Beebe's Kid
06-06-2010, 05:03 PM
He was a broken man last year, and I will always think speed kills, so more power to him.

The part that got me was the first line, about falling out of grace with Jauron. That is about as meaningless as anything I have ever heard. I cannot remember a coach that proved as absolutely inept as Jauron... to fall out of grace with him would be on the same level as Creed won't let me backstage. Who gives a ****?

I am excited to see what Gailey pulls out of all of these players that, according to many here, have "no talent."

I think we will be a little surprised.

OpIv37
06-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Useless Miami trash.

I'm not usually one to defend Jauron, but I can't understand why people continue to blame Jauron for the Parrish situation when Parrish has continuously made the same mental mistakes on the field that he made his rookie year (running back to get an angle on punt returns, fielding the ball inside the 10 yard line, trying to field the ball on the run, running ****ty routes, etc.).

Jauron was a tool but Parrish has always been feast or famine on the field. He's a liability as often as he's a playmaker.

better days
06-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Useless Miami trash.

I'm not usually one to defend Jauron, but I can't understand why people continue to blame Jauron for the Parrish situation when Parrish has continuously made the same mental mistakes on the field that he made his rookie year (running back to get an angle on punt returns, fielding the ball inside the 10 yard line, trying to field the ball on the run, running ****ty routes, etc.).

Jauron was a tool but Parrish has always been feast or famine on the field. He's a liability as often as he's a playmaker.

Maybe Parish needs better coaching than he got with Dick.

Mr. Pink
06-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Parrish flat out is not an NFL caliber WR.

He's too small, runs poor routes, doesn't have the greatest hands and somehow for all his speed doesn't get separation.

OpIv37
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Maybe Parish needs better coaching than he got with Dick.

I don't think so. None of the posters on this board have ever been in the NFL (well, except Jeff Nixon- he posts here sometimes), and most haven't even played any organized football. Yet, we know the basics of punt returning and Parrish doesn't. While Jauron and most of his staff were pretty bad, I highly doubt that NO ONE told Parrish not to run backwards or field the ball inside the 10.

On top of that, we had Bobby April coaching S/T. He's one of the best in the business, if not THE best, despite Jauron's incompetence. I simply can't believe that April didn't coach Parrish well, especially since none of our other punt returners made the same asinine mistakes.

YardRat
06-06-2010, 06:36 PM
If he's a bigger part of our offense this season, we're in bigger trouble than we thought.

He blows as a WR, and took several steps backward (no pun intended regarding Op's comment) as a returner.

psubills62
06-06-2010, 09:29 PM
I want Parrish to not run 15 yards backwards on punt returns.

I want Parrish to not fumble away a Cleveland Browns game.

I want Parrish to contribute on offense too.

Thus, the cliche still rings true - we don't always get what we want.

BillsWin
06-06-2010, 10:06 PM
Roscoe sucks. A stud returner. A liability as a wide receiver.

mightysimi
06-06-2010, 11:39 PM
He does run bad routes but if he somehow figures out how to get separation, and gets it on the run, look out.

Having said that, I'm not holding my breath. But I've heard his name more than I can ever remember on the highlights.

trapezeus
06-07-2010, 10:15 AM
to add to Op's point, parrish seems uncoachable. i'm sure even in all his glorious stupidity, jauron must have said, "you can't run backwards and expect to break every kick. the talent here is too great and our offense is too bad to not get every yard you can."

and if that is why parrish fell out of favor, when a coach was telling him exactly what the problem was, then roscoe is always going to buyinto his own hype that anything is possible every play.

we've covered the poor route running, the decay in his punt return game, and the fact that he gets injured when he catches 4 or 5 balls in 3-4 weeks. i'd like to trade lynch, mitchell, parrish, mccargo and kelsay for the year 2005 where we can start over again.

justasportsfan
06-07-2010, 10:25 AM
to add to Op's point, parrish seems uncoachable. .
we shall see under Gailey.

trapezeus
06-07-2010, 10:43 AM
i root for parrish to be more serviceable than the last two years, but realistically, he's going to be the punt returner (though there are a couple guys who are going to push him for that spot). WR wise, i think we need the bigger bodies, dedicated route runners. That leaves parrish pretty much exactly where he was last year claiming that he should get more opportunities.

OpIv37
06-07-2010, 11:24 AM
i root for parrish to be more serviceable than the last two years, but realistically, he's going to be the punt returner (though there are a couple guys who are going to push him for that spot). WR wise, i think we need the bigger bodies, dedicated route runners. That leaves parrish pretty much exactly where he was last year claiming that he should get more opportunities.

Following Buffalo sports is like de ja vu all over again.

I go to the Bills forum and there is a loudmouth running back demanding a trade and Parrish demanding more offensive touches and a weak OL and a team in the middle of a rebuilding cycle.

I go to the Sabres forum and the team is saying they need to get bigger and tougher up front and they're looking at a big name free agent.

Is this 2006 or 2010?

trapezeus
06-07-2010, 11:31 AM
that's why my trade for 2005 is so ideal. we'd have an awesome defense, we could cut losman right there and pick up anyone else. we could redraft 05, 06, 07 and 08. We could get rid of levy, never have jauron. things could work this time.

and we'd be right in time for the post lockout sabres kicking ass and taking names.

Watching the sabres in the playoffs, as pathetic as their "run" was, reminded you how much fun having a shot by being IN the playoffs can be.

I know the bills can't possibly make the playoffs this year, but it would be so sweet to just have one game in january to think, "holy crap, we're going to win this whole damn thing."

Historian
06-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I love how somebody dusts off this thread every summer...

better days
06-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Following Buffalo sports is like de ja vu all over again.

I go to the Bills forum and there is a loudmouth running back demanding a trade and Parrish demanding more offensive touches and a weak OL and a team in the middle of a rebuilding cycle.

I go to the Sabres forum and the team is saying they need to get bigger and tougher up front and they're looking at a big name free agent.

Is this 2006 or 2010?

Well the Sabres did draft a big tough kid.

alnilla
06-07-2010, 04:28 PM
doesnt have anywhere to go but up from last year huh?