• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Marcus Easley

I been on a little mini-vacation/sports break for the last few days (have to re-boot every now and then). And I'll get it into plenty more later this week, but I have one observation from what I've been able to see (and hear) in regards to OTA.

I think Marcus Easley is going to be a STUD for the Bills. Don't be the least bit surprised to see him beat out James Hardy for the #2 role or at the very least, get on the field often as a #3.

I like him. A LOT

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • BillsWin
    man amongst boys
    • Oct 2008

Re: Marcus Easley

Been saying this since the draft buddy. I've made a few threads of my own about it. I love this kid and think he is going to be a stud for us. I also think in the near future he will be our No. 2.

I like Hardy and all, but I don't know if he's got what it takes. I hope he does. But, you'd think he'd be pulling away from the competition and by all accounts he hasn't been.

I was reading a post on another message board from someone who attended the open practice. They said from catching to route running, Easley seems to be grasping everything better than Hardy.

Of course it is only OTAs and of course you can't read too much into anything Chris Brown, or a message board fan says. BUT, I like what I've been hearing about him.

Draftboy made a good point in the Easley thread I posted though. He said Easley is still raw, and may take a season or two. (Or something to that effect.)

I really like this kid though and would love to see him get playing time this year. I think he's going to be a good one!
    I am The Batman.

Comment

• buffalobillsfan95
      • Jan 2010

he's a low risk/ high reward kinda player
      “The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Here's a good quote on Easley from the 2010 rookie premiere.

Marcus Easley from Connecticut was a really genuine, nice guy. I thanked him at the end and told him he ran great routes and he told me “Well, I had a great quarterback”, so that was like the ultimate compliment.
        -Kevin Eger, Assistant Brand Manager for Topps

He threw the balls to the receivers during the premiere and got to talk with a lot of the rookies.

LINK TO FULL ARTICLE
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

If you play Easley this early you are running a HUGE risk. Nothing I saw from him in college, suggested he was ready to be a starter in the NFL. He only had one year starting at UConn. Im not saying he for sure can't do it, but its a very very high risk you are running.

Then again, if you go back on this board to when Hardy was drafted, people were saying the exact same things about him.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I was "meh" on him when we first drafted him. But having seen him up close and personal and a few workouts early on, he sure as hell looks like the real deal.

Of all the players on the roster, except for maybe the QB "battle", he's the one I cant wait to see play with pads on this summer.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

I don't see why Easley would be a huge risk. He's got great size (6'3" and 210#) and speed (4.40), he's an excellent blocker, having cut his teeth his first 2 years playing blocking for Donald Brown, and he's got a great attitude and drive to succeed. The only question is getting the plays down, but he's intelligent and can do it. At worst, he shouldn't be a liability, even though I don't expect him to catch a ton of passes.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal
                I don't see why Easley would be a huge risk. He's got great size (6'3" and 210#) and speed (4.40), he's an excellent blocker, having cut his teeth his first 2 years playing blocking for Donald Brown, and he's got a great attitude and drive to succeed. The only question is getting the plays down, but he's intelligent and can do it. At worst, he shouldn't be a liability, even though I don't expect him to catch a ton of passes.
                He really only played consistenly for one year, so saying he played blocking for Brown for 2 years isn't correct.

Just because a guy has size and speed doesnt mean he can play in the NFL. He still has a lot of little things to learn. As I detailed in the other Easley thread.

Can we combine the two?
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

Lets see how his routes and hands look when people start hitting him in a couple months.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

at his size and weight, I think he can handle being hit.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      He really only played consistenly for one year, so saying he played blocking for Brown for 2 years isn't correct.

Just because a guy has size and speed doesnt mean he can play in the NFL. He still has a lot of little things to learn. As I detailed in the other Easley thread.

Can we combine the two?
                      Reports I read are that while he didn't catch many passes in the 2 seasons prior to last year, he was used in running situations and was an excellent blocker. Not a lot of WR's are known for that coming out of college and that should be a feather in Easley's cap. And regarding his senior season, he showed well against some DB's who were drafted higher than he was this past draft (McCourty, taken by the Pats in the 1st, and Murphy, taken by the Rams in the 3rd), which was encouraging to hear.

As for size and speed, I agree they don't ensure anything. But a guy with speed makes it less likely that DB's will try and jam him off the LOS, which is a problem most young WR's have. And his size also further helps in that regard.

And in the other thread you mentioned the route trees. IMHO that's something that can be improved with effort. Easley has a great work ethic and again is intelligent enough to work on his cuts, trees, and get the calls down.

Again, I'm not expecting huge production from him. But I think he can be an asset early-on. None of the other guys impresses me as much as he does with his combination of skills, and they're all learning a new offense.

Comment

• madness
                        • Apr 2003

Easley is definitely talented but still too raw to start. Hardy hasn't even separated himself from Steve Johnson at this point. The 2nd best receiver this season might be TE S. Nelson.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

We'll see how he does when the pads come on. Martin Nance was great at camp until the pads came on.
                          Last edited by justasportsfan; 06-07-2010, 09:02 AM.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                            Knows More Than You
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by madness
                            Easley is definitely talented but still too raw to start. Hardy hasn't even separated himself from Steve Johnson at this point. The 2nd best receiver this season might be TE S. Nelson.
                            Couldn't agree more with this. I think Nelson is primed for a HUGE season no matter who the QB is. Chan's offenses have always been TE friendly and with his speed and hands, I could see him catching 50 passes.

He made Mark Bruner look like a Pro Bowler in Pittsburgh, Randy McMichael in Miami and then Tony Gonzalez in KC....all while moving them around and spreading them out wide as well.

You heard it here first.
                            Last edited by Italian Stallion; 06-07-2010, 09:03 AM.
                            BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• RockStar36
                              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                              • Sep 2004

Homerism at it's finest.

The guy runs nice routes with no pads in the middle of June and he's going to be a "stud"?

D & S Sports

Comment

Working...
                              X