Okay, Here's what I saw at the open practice....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Okay, Here's what I saw at the open practice....

Quarterbacks: Working 10-15 yard out and crossing patterns, throwing into the wind.

Brohm- Strange mechanics ball comes out nose down on almost every throw. If he's going to seriously compete, they are going to have to work on his mechanics.

Fitzpatrick- Noodle for arm. Mostly accurate, not much zip.

Levi- Very tall. Nice accuracy with some zip on the ball. Could be a player if he improves his footwork.

Edwards- The only one of the bunch that looked like an NFL calibre QB. Very accurate, good zip on the ball, good mechanics. And whenever he did make a mistake, Gailey was right there to demonstrate a correction. (How long has it been since we've seen that?)

Spiller- Very fast, but small for the NFL. It will be interesting to see if he can take a 16 game pounding.

Byrd- Was out there in DB drills, looks fine.

Maybin- Extremely tall. Well build, but looks like a beanpole. Should do well in a 3-4.

Poz- Had a nice ass. (Shelby wanted to know)

Mitchell- Did running drills, but did not put a helmet on.

Lindell- Accurate. Even into the wind.

Moorman- Nailed a 55 yard field goal out of Lindell's hold, with the wind at his back. The guy is an all-around good athlete. Runs like the wind.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Okay, Here's what I saw at the open practice....

any comments on easley?
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RockStar36
      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
      • Sep 2004

I noticed the same thing with Brohm. His delivery was different than the other 3 and almost every pass nosedived lower than it should've been.

Maybe it was me, but it looked like Trent was half-assing it out there for part of the time, at least in comparison to the other 3.

I didn't like Brown at all. They were doing footwork drills and throwing into a net at one point and Brown missed 3 straight passes badly at one point.

I actually thought Fitz looked like the best of the bunch, which isn't saying much.

D & S Sports

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Thanks for the ass update.

Glad to hear Moorman hasn't lost any of his kicking ability over the off season.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

Nosediving.

That's a perfect way to describe his passes.

I have no idea how it happens, but I hope it's correctable.

Comment

• Bulldog
            Top Dog
            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Historian
            Spiller- Very fast, but small for the NFL. It will be interesting to see if he can take a 16 game pounding.
            Chris Johnson was the same exact size as Spiller coming out of college and seems to be doing OK. Just saying. I know that was one of the knocks on Spiller prior to the draft, but I honestly don't think it will be an issue. Now if he tries to go out there and run people over, it may be a concern. But thats not his game and I think he knows better.
            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• Commissioner
              • Dec 2004

Nosediving.

He's gonna get cut so someone else can try correcting it.
              Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                I noticed the same thing with Brohm. His delivery was different than the other 3 and almost every pass nosedived lower than it should've been.

Maybe it was me, but it looked like Trent was half-assing it out there for part of the time, at least in comparison to the other 3.

I didn't like Brown at all. They were doing footwork drills and throwing into a net at one point and Brown missed 3 straight passes badly at one point.

I actually thought Fitz looked like the best of the bunch, which isn't saying much.
                While he is a career 61.0% pct passer consider the system he came from. His passes only avg 7.2 yards per attmept. I dont know how far away the net was from him while throwing but anything voer 10 yards is going to be an adjustment for him early on. Troy runs a lot of short routes out of the spread, hoping to hit a seam or break a tackle for YAC.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  While he is a career 61.0% pct passer consider the system he came from. His passes only avg 7.2 yards per attmept. I dont know how far away the net was from him while throwing but anything voer 10 yards is going to be an adjustment for him early on. Troy runs a lot of short routes out of the spread, hoping to hit a seam or break a tackle for YAC.
                  It was roughly 10 yards. They were doing the footwork drills right at the end zone line and the net was setup at the 10 yard line.

Granted they were moving when throwing the ball, that 3 pass sequence was enough to make me cringe.

D & S Sports

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Bulldog
                    Chris Johnson was the same exact size as Spiller coming out of college and seems to be doing OK. Just saying. I know that was one of the knocks on Spiller prior to the draft, but I honestly don't think it will be an issue. Now if he tries to go out there and run people over, it may be a concern. But thats not his game and I think he knows better.
                    Warrick Dunn was also a small guy that had a very good career, ran inside & didn't get injured much.

Comment

• JCBills
                      • Jan 2010

Everyone I've heard from that was at practice has given completely different reviews on the QBs.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by JCBills
                        Everyone I've heard from that was at practice has given completely different reviews on the QBs.
                        Hahaha, I feel the same way. It's clear, whoever gives these reviews have there bias.

Comment

• soapman
                          • Jan 2008

Nosediving.

Not 100% sure but I'm pretty sure it's a late release point on the throws. Letting the ball go to late when the arm is on the down swing.

Comment

• RockStar36
                            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                            Hahaha, I feel the same way. It's clear, whoever gives these reviews have there bias.
                            Hard to be biased from watching one practice.

Brown wildly overthrew a net 3 straight times. Brohm has a strange delivery which forced a lot of low passes.

Those are pretty much solid facts at this point.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36

You're the first person I've talked to that felt that Fitzpatrick looked the best of the 3. I personally thought he was the worst, especially in those full team drills. Wasn't he the only one picked off? I thought Byrd intercepted one of his passes.

But I do agree with you on Edwards...he looked like he was half-assing it and didn't really care much.
                              Last edited by Michael82; 06-07-2010, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X