PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bills' Gailey wants Lynch to 'get on board' with his program

Syderick
06-07-2010, 10:30 PM
"Chan is not going to approach this like (his predecessor, Dick) Jauron," the source said. "He's not going to handle things the way Dick did with Jason Peters (http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonpeters/profile?id=PET150539) (the offensive tackle the Bills eventually traded to the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.nfl.com/teams/philadelphiaeagles/profile?team=PHI) after he held out in a contract dispute). Lynch is going to get on board with his program, period."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81888cac&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

BertSquirtgum
06-07-2010, 11:15 PM
looks like that gangster piece of **** is going to have to play or pay. the bills that is.

Tatonka
06-07-2010, 11:31 PM
as much as i was not in favor of the gailey hiring, i can't say i dislike a single thing he has done.. this one situation could set the tone for his entire stay here.. and he is handling it perfectly.

DMBcrew36
06-08-2010, 12:04 AM
as much as i was not in favor of the gailey hiring, i can't say i dislike a single thing he has done.. this one situation could set the tone for his entire stay here.. and he is handling it perfectly.

Agreed... definitely most glad that he isn't a pansy ass push-over.

BillsWin
06-08-2010, 12:26 AM
:censored: you Lynch. Thugmode ain't gunna fly anymore. Either show up, or pay the fine and ride the pine.

X-Era
06-08-2010, 05:17 AM
"Chan is not going to approach this like (his predecessor, Dick) Jauron," the source said. "He's not going to handle things the way Dick did with Jason Peters (http://www.nfl.com/players/jasonpeters/profile?id=PET150539) (the offensive tackle the Bills eventually traded to the Philadelphia Eagles (http://www.nfl.com/teams/philadelphiaeagles/profile?team=PHI) after he held out in a contract dispute). Lynch is going to get on board with his program, period."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81888cac&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Not that I disagree with his approach...

But a strong armed approach supposedly turns of the vets and can fracture the locker room. Didn't that happen with Gregg Williams?

You can get away with it when you have a ring. When your a retread the vets simply blow you off or even worse learn to despise you.

I hope the Coughlin approach works.

YardRat
06-08-2010, 05:21 AM

But a strong armed approach supposedly turns of the vets and can fracture the locker room. Didn't that happen with Gregg Williams?

You can get away with it when you have a ring. When your a retread the vets simply blow you off or even worse learn to despise you.

I haven't heard anything about Gailey blasting guys out of bed with a blow-horn.

Night Train
06-08-2010, 06:18 AM
Wait...Jauron had a "program" ??????????

DraftBoy
06-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Wait...Jauron had a "program" ??????????

Yea the Ill scratch your back, you don't give a **** program.

delectrolux
06-08-2010, 07:25 AM

exactly which veterans are you worried about losing? Evans? Shobel? Maybe Moorman? I don't think Chan's too worried about losing any veterans...

methos4ever
06-08-2010, 07:34 AM
:censored: you Lynch. Thugmode ain't gunna fly anymore. Either show up, or pay the fine and ride the pine.
What fine? He hasn't yet missed anything that's mandatory. And if he's the 3rd stringer, why all the fuss?

Jan Reimers
06-08-2010, 07:58 AM
Lynch is apparently too stupid to realize that getting in trouble off the field, being suspended, and having a really mediocre season give him little trade value, and no leverage with the Bills.

I'm glad Gailey is basically ignoring the idiot.

Tatonka
06-08-2010, 08:06 AM
exactly which veterans are you worried about losing? Evans? Shobel? Maybe Moorman? I don't think Chan's too worried about losing any veterans...

i agree completely.. evans wont be a problem at all.. he is all business.. and i am sure he wanted a coach that held his players accountable since he is a hard working guy.. that said, i dont think gailey is trying to be like coughlin.. i just think that he has a plan and he is going to execute it regardless.. i am sure there was a ton of players last year that realize what a cluster **** the whole program was and how disorganized it became.. i dont think buy in will be a problem.. winning makes everyone buy in.. and if he doesnt win.. then he could be the best player coach ever and it woudl still wear thin with players quick.

i am sure the players cant stand losing as much as teh fan..

TacklingDummy
06-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Let him rot on the bench.

The only thing that makes me sick is this guy doesn't deserve the money he's made. Maybe the Bills can go after money like the Lions did with Rogers and the Raiders are doing with Russell.

delectrolux
06-08-2010, 09:01 AM
Let him rot on the bench.

The only thing that makes me sick is this guy doesn't deserve the money he's made. Maybe the Bills can go after money like the Lions did with Rogers and the Raiders are doing with Russell.

Doesn't deserve the money he's made?

Lynch was the Bills' first 1,000 yard rookie rusher since Greg Bell in 1984. in 2007, Lynch also completed a touchdown pass to tight end Robert Royal, the first touchdown pass completed by a Bills non-quarterback since 1981. He was also the first Bills running back to head to the Pro Bowl since Travis Henry in 2002.

He may be a knucklehead, but one mediocre season doesn't make him suck. The guy's been a tank for Buffalo when they've given him the ball.

The last buffalo fan
06-08-2010, 09:21 AM
Doesn't deserve the money he's made?

He may be a knucklehead, but one mediocre season doesn't make him suck. The guy's been a tank for Buffalo when they've given him the ball.

:hi5: but the guy is still a punk.

Philagape
06-08-2010, 09:44 AM

The tank stalls way too often.

Historian
06-08-2010, 11:05 AM
I think his approach is correct:

Set clear expectations, and consequences if those expectations are not met.

This is not Gregg Williams who used to spout off little gems like..."Sam Cowart will play where I tell him to play!"

This is simply a Coach who has too much on his plate to babysit malcontents.

TigerJ
06-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Gailey has two tools available to him. If Lynch misses required events (ie. the June mini-camp and training camp, Gailey can and should fine him to the limits of what is allowed. If he doesn't work his arse off and learn what he needs to know, Gailey can keep him off the field. Anything more is blowing hot air. I hope and presume Gailey will let Lynch know he intends to take all the disciplinary actions that he's allowed to take and enforce the maximum possible penalties.

The only other thing the Bills can do is trade him.

delectrolux
06-08-2010, 11:45 AM
I hope and presume Gailey will let Lynch know he intends to take all the disciplinary actions that he's allowed to take and enforce the maximum possible penalties.

Even better, Gailey doesn't have to let him know he'll do anything. He can just do it.

But I am almost positive Lynch will show up to everything mandatory. He will play hard and be a good team mate. He's "holding out" the right way — avoiding voluntary activities — to let the team know he's not happy. Fine, but when it counts, I have a feeling he'll be there.

jamze132
06-08-2010, 11:59 AM
I completely understand the hardline stance. But I just wonder with this current team in rebuilding mode under a new regime, is it the right time to play hardball with Lynch? There's a lot of negative that could come out from this. If I'm Gailey, I wouldn't want anyone around the rest of the team who doesn't want to be there. It creates negativity in the locker room and that is the last thing a 3-5 win team needs.

I think Nix and Gailey need to bite the bullet on this one and trade him for whatever we can get. Lynch has minimal value right now. We may get more value of we wait till the end of training camp to trade him as I'm sure there are a few teams out there who would love to have a young RB who has made the Pro Bowl. But at this time, they aren't willing to give up equal value for him, understandably. Their tune will change come Sep 1.

ParanoidAndroid
06-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Even better, Gailey doesn't have to let him know he'll do anything. He can just do it.

But I am almost positive Lynch will show up to everything mandatory. He will play hard and be a good team mate. He's "holding out" the right way — avoiding voluntary activities — to let the team know he's not happy. Fine, but when it counts, I have a feeling he'll be there.

Well.... we can hope he does that, but I don't really get that feeling.

It would be great if he came in when it was mandatory and then had a solid season. The Bills are going to need all the help they can get.