X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Syderick
    • Apr 2006

Source: Bills' Gailey wants Lynch to 'get on board' with his program

"Chan is not going to approach this like (his predecessor, Dick) Jauron," the source said. "He's not going to handle things the way Dick did with Jason Peters (the offensive tackle the Bills eventually traded to the Philadelphia Eagles after he held out in a contract dispute). Lynch is going to get on board with his program, period."

There's an interesting battle of wills going on between new Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey and disgruntled running back Marshawn Lynch.
    3,000,000th post on BZ!

• BertSquirtgum
    Legendary Zoner
    • May 2009

Re: Source: Bills' Gailey wants Lynch to 'get on board' with his program

looks like that gangster piece of **** is going to have to play or pay. the bills that is.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

as much as i was not in favor of the gailey hiring, i can't say i dislike a single thing he has done.. this one situation could set the tone for his entire stay here.. and he is handling it perfectly.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DMBcrew36
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
        as much as i was not in favor of the gailey hiring, i can't say i dislike a single thing he has done.. this one situation could set the tone for his entire stay here.. and he is handling it perfectly.
        Agreed... definitely most glad that he isn't a pansy ass push-over.

Comment

• BillsWin
          man amongst boys
          • Oct 2008

you Lynch. Thugmode ain't gunna fly anymore. Either show up, or pay the fine and ride the pine.
          I am The Batman.

Comment

• X-Era
            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by syd1364
            "Chan is not going to approach this like (his predecessor, Dick) Jauron," the source said. "He's not going to handle things the way Dick did with Jason Peters (the offensive tackle the Bills eventually traded to the Philadelphia Eagles after he held out in a contract dispute). Lynch is going to get on board with his program, period."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
            Not that I disagree with his approach...

But a strong armed approach supposedly turns of the vets and can fracture the locker room. Didn't that happen with Gregg Williams?

You can get away with it when you have a ring. When your a retread the vets simply blow you off or even worse learn to despise you.

I hope the Coughlin approach works.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by X-Era

But a strong armed approach supposedly turns of the vets and can fracture the locker room. Didn't that happen with Gregg Williams?

You can get away with it when you have a ring. When your a retread the vets simply blow you off or even worse learn to despise you.

I haven't heard anything about Gailey blasting guys out of bed with a blow-horn.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Wait...Jauron had a "program" ??????????
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                  Wait...Jauron had a "program" ??????????
                  Yea the Ill scratch your back, you don't give a **** program.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• delectrolux
                    • May 2007

Originally posted by X-Era

exactly which veterans are you worried about losing? Evans? Shobel? Maybe Moorman? I don't think Chan's too worried about losing any veterans...

Comment

• methos4ever
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BillsWin
                      you Lynch. Thugmode ain't gunna fly anymore. Either show up, or pay the fine and ride the pine.
                      What fine? He hasn't yet missed anything that's mandatory. And if he's the 3rd stringer, why all the fuss?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Lynch is apparently too stupid to realize that getting in trouble off the field, being suspended, and having a really mediocre season give him little trade value, and no leverage with the Bills.

I'm glad Gailey is basically ignoring the idiot.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by delectrolux
                          exactly which veterans are you worried about losing? Evans? Shobel? Maybe Moorman? I don't think Chan's too worried about losing any veterans...
                          i agree completely.. evans wont be a problem at all.. he is all business.. and i am sure he wanted a coach that held his players accountable since he is a hard working guy.. that said, i dont think gailey is trying to be like coughlin.. i just think that he has a plan and he is going to execute it regardless.. i am sure there was a ton of players last year that realize what a cluster **** the whole program was and how disorganized it became.. i dont think buy in will be a problem.. winning makes everyone buy in.. and if he doesnt win.. then he could be the best player coach ever and it woudl still wear thin with players quick.

i am sure the players cant stand losing as much as teh fan..
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Let him rot on the bench.

The only thing that makes me sick is this guy doesn't deserve the money he's made. Maybe the Bills can go after money like the Lions did with Rogers and the Raiders are doing with Russell.
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 06-08-2010, 08:18 AM.

Comment

• delectrolux
                              • May 2007

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                              Let him rot on the bench.

The only thing that makes me sick is this guy doesn't deserve the money he's made. Maybe the Bills can go after money like the Lions did with Rogers and the Raiders are doing with Russell.
                              Doesn't deserve the money he's made?

Lynch was the Bills' first 1,000 yard rookie rusher since Greg Bell in 1984. in 2007, Lynch also completed a touchdown pass to tight end Robert Royal, the first touchdown pass completed by a Bills non-quarterback since 1981. He was also the first Bills running back to head to the Pro Bowl since Travis Henry in 2002.

He may be a knucklehead, but one mediocre season doesn't make him suck. The guy's been a tank for Buffalo when they've given him the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X