PDA

View Full Version : Maybin running with 1st string

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2010, 01:28 PM
didnt see this posted anywhere or anyone talking about this but its a good sign...at least lets hope this gives him confidence going into mini camp

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

"Bills 2009 first-round pick Aaron Maybin is running with the starting defense at Organized Team Activities.

He's bookended by Chris Kelsay. Maybin will likely play right outside 'backer, or the premier pass rushing position in a 3-4 defense. Especially if Aaron Schobel doesn't return, Maybin will be a good bet to lead Buffalo in sacks."

mikemac2001
06-08-2010, 01:31 PM
repost i think

ddaryl
06-08-2010, 01:32 PM
I expect nothing less for 2009....

If he can't do it in 2010 then it gets really ugly

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2010, 01:38 PM
I expect nothing less for 2009....

If he can't do it in 2010 then it gets really ugly

same here...im not expecting the world form him since hes still a kid, but we need to see some signs like we did with Mckelvin

ddaryl
06-08-2010, 01:43 PM
same here...im not expecting the world form him since hes still a kid, but we need to see some signs like we did with Mckelvin

completely agree.. He at least looks very dedicated to the task... IMO Maybin takes criticism personally, and I think that motivates him....

Which is a good thing because Bills fans are not short of criticism :surf:

FlyingDutchman
06-08-2010, 01:54 PM
"Especially if Aaron Schobel doesn't return, Maybin will be a good bet to lead Buffalo in sacks."

i dont know if i should be thrilled or scared $***less

psubills62
06-08-2010, 01:59 PM
completely agree.. He at least looks very dedicated to the task... IMO Maybin takes criticism personally, and I think that motivates him....

Which is a good thing because Bills fans are not short of criticism :surf:

Unfortunately, I think Whitner does the same.

I'm a little torn when it comes to Maybin. Obviously I'm rooting for the PSU product to develop into a productive pass-rusher. Will he? I think I can convince myself both ways.

He's got the work ethic to succeed. He's obviously got the athleticism.

Just have to see. It appears he'll be given the opportunity to succeed this year. It could be his only chance, though I have a feeling that the coaches will be more patient with him than most everyone on here.

DMBcrew36
06-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Especially if Aaron Schobel doesn't return, Maybin will be a good bet to lead Buffalo in sacks."

Well if he doesn't lead them in sacks, he can lead them in ego.

User Manuel
06-08-2010, 03:06 PM
I hated the Maybin pick as DE in the 4-3, I love Maybin as OLB ina 3-4. I think he will be huge this year.

ZAZusmc03
06-08-2010, 03:59 PM
I think Maybin starts strong but is put on IR before the end of the season. He just looks so skinny on the field.

YardRat
06-08-2010, 05:17 PM
He better be working with the first team...anything less = fail.

Turf
06-08-2010, 06:02 PM
Maybin reminds of Bisquit.

X-Era
06-08-2010, 06:07 PM
This is Maybin's true position. He's got the talent to become something special there.

I like the LB corp at this point.

We added quality vet depth in Torbor, we have quality vets in Mitchell and Davis, and Poz should be better. Add in a few athletic rookies and its a decent group. Its good enough to get rid of guys that should would have been gone on any decent team such as Corto and Ellison.

Out of that group, Maybin has the best chance to become our stud. But Poz just may surprise and step way up.

TigerJ
06-08-2010, 10:44 PM
If anyone needs to live up to the old football adage that players make their greatest improvement from their rookie to their second season, it's Maybin. I think he's got a good chance to do it.

ServoBillieves
06-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Let's hope he can provide as the 2nd best 3-4 OLB out of last years class.

BillsWin
06-08-2010, 11:08 PM
I do hope he has a good season. The 3-4 should put him in a much better situation and to be quite honest, I like his attitude towards football and Buffalo as a whole.

He's like a Whitner. Means well and all, but a combination of poor performance and high draft status make the fans extra critical.

For good reason, but I hope both players change things around this year.

The last buffalo fan
06-09-2010, 08:58 AM
As long as they wear Bills uniform, I'll root for all of them.