PDA

View Full Version : Sabres teaching Kassian a lesson?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
06-08-2010, 07:38 PM
The Buffalo Sabres have suspended contract talks with first-round draft pick Zack Kassian after the forward was charged with assault for allegedly punching a man at a bar in Canada.

General manager Darcy Regier says the team is in no way "abandoning" the player selected 13th overall in the NHL draft last year. He describes Kassian as being remorseful and adds the team will continue to work with him.
http://www.buffalonews.com/2010/06/08/1075415/sabres-suspend-talks-with-top.html

Nighthawk
06-08-2010, 08:08 PM
He's 19...these things happen at that age.

DMBcrew36
06-08-2010, 08:47 PM
I think the Sabres are merely letting the kid settle this whole debacle. Once it is 'out of the way', or seemingly out the way, things can proceed forward.

rbochan
06-09-2010, 06:33 AM
In other words, his pussification has already begun! Ruff will have an easy road with this kid now.

trapezeus
06-09-2010, 08:59 AM
In other words, his pussification has already begun! Ruff will have an easy road with this kid now.

how can you say that?

especially when 90% of bills fans what marshawn off the team. Can you imagine if the sabres put down guaranteed money on some guy who actually has prison time or something unexpected inhis case?

no team would sign a contract with someone with a legal issue without knowing the outcome.

I'm not a fan of the sabres heart and grit these days, but this story does not impact it in anyway.

rbochan
06-09-2010, 09:03 AM
WTF do the Bills have to do with this?

trapezeus
06-09-2010, 09:21 AM
sports management. it's the same type of thing. a player with multiple run ins on and off the ice. The sabres owe it to themselves to make sure that he fixes his behavioral issues before committing money to him and shortening their cap space if he's not going to be able to perform.

This has nothing to do with ruff's style of coaching.

rbochan
06-09-2010, 09:25 AM
sports management. it's the same type of thing. a player with multiple run ins on and off the ice. The sabres owe it to themselves to make sure that he fixes his behavioral issues before committing money to him and shortening their cap space if he's not going to be able to perform.

This has nothing to do with ruff's style of coaching.

Yeah. Because that's worked so well with Derek Roy.

DMBcrew36
06-09-2010, 09:36 AM
how can you say that?

especially when 90% of bills fans what marshawn off the team. Can you imagine if the sabres put down guaranteed money on some guy who actually has prison time or something unexpected inhis case?

no team would sign a contract with someone with a legal issue without knowing the outcome.

I'm not a fan of the sabres heart and grit these days, but this story does not impact it in anyway.

I agree - it's silly to have a double-standard here.

What happens on the ice and off the ice are different. You can be a model citizen while still being an absolute terror on the ice.

Kassian is young - he just needs to grow up a bit.

RockStar36
06-09-2010, 10:24 AM
I think a bigger issue with this is how the legal process plays out. I think I read somewhere that this could affect him leaving the country to play hockey at all, which would be a huge deal.

DraftBoy
06-09-2010, 10:28 AM
He's 19...these things happen at that age.

This is true and sad at the same time.

DraftBoy
06-09-2010, 10:28 AM
I think a bigger issue with this is who the legal process plays out. I think I read somewhere that this could affect him leaving the country to play hockey at all, which would be a huge deal.

:bf1:

Minor logical thought, though doesn't apply here. You know that!

JD
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
The Buffalo Sabres broke off contract negotiations with Zach Kassian after the 13th overall pick in last year's NHL Draft was accused of punching another man at a bar in Canada, according to the Buffalo News.

The team insists that it is not "abandoning" the 19-year-old Kassian, who was given a 20-game suspension last season by the Ontario Hockey League for a hit to the head of Matt Kennedy of the Barrie Colts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Sabres-suspend-Kassian-contract-talks?urn=nhl,246787

Wahh wahhh give me a ****ing break, we need this guy. Vamp up the talks!

JD
06-09-2010, 06:18 PM
woooooooooops, dup thread

G Wolly
06-09-2010, 10:25 PM
If he keeps getting into stupid trouble off the ice then no, we don't need him.

RockStar36
06-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Sometimes the double standards of Buffalo fans crack me up.

JD
06-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Sometimes the double standards of Buffalo fans crack me up.
What double standard? The kid is 19, hes known to fight and be a tough guy. Fighting isn't aloud in football.

RockStar36
06-10-2010, 11:41 AM
What double standard? The kid is 19, hes known to fight and be a tough guy. Fighting isn't aloud in football.

Fights on the ice and fights in a bar (getting arrested) are 2 different things.

Also, I'm curious to know why we need him so bad. Has anybody saying that actually seen him play or are we just assuming that since he gets into bar fights and takes cheap shots that result in 20 game suspensions that he is what we "need"?