PDA

View Full Version : Question on Torbor/ OLB depth chart

BillsWin
06-08-2010, 11:03 PM
Does he play in Maybin's OLB spot, or Kelsay's?

I'm worried Kelsay may be a liability in the 3-4 as he was invisible in the 4-3. Who is behind Kelsay on the depth chart?

ServoBillieves
06-08-2010, 11:10 PM
Thought he was ILB depth alongside Kaworthless....

If outside, let's hope he fills in strongside on running downs if anything.

YardRat
06-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Unless he beats one of those guys out, he'll probably see time inside and outside since he's played both at this level.

Nublar7
06-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Torbor is a 3-4 inside linebacker.

BillsWin
06-08-2010, 11:45 PM
Yes, I know he played inside in Miami. But, Chris Brown says he is lining up on the outside.

LINK (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/OTAs---Day-7---Schouman-back-Torbor-outside/600f6d27-c01b-4d85-9ec6-5104c1afdc92)

Torbor outside
Newly signed linebacker Reggie Torbor was also on the field for his first day of work since offseason surgery. Torbor had a torn labrum in his shoulder repaired this past January.
“It’s not 100 percent right now,” he said. “(Tuesday) was my first day out there doing anything since the season ended and it felt pretty good. I have more work to do.”

Defensive coordinator George Edwards lined Torbor up at outside linebacker, despite playing primarily inside in Miami’s 3-4 the past two seasons.
“Right now I’m playing outside (linebacker),” said Torbor. “I understand that can change on a need basis. So I take that as a positive thing. Right now that’s where I’m starting and I’ll let you know when there’s a change.”
Torbor stated that he does not have a specific preference for either position.
“Both positions have their advantages. If you’re trying to get sacks, I guess you’d rather be outside. And if you’re trying to get tackles it’s better to be inside,” he said. “I haven’t played outside since I was with New York. I’m just in the process of getting back into it today, re-learning out there. It’s fun.”

DraftBoy
06-09-2010, 07:10 AM
He's played both and he'll see time at both. Hopefully its at SLB not WLB where Maybin plays.

BillsWin
06-09-2010, 02:33 PM
That is what I am hoping for as well DB.

He may even see a good amount of time in that spot if Kelsay is a disappointment. (Which he always is). ;)

Ickybaluky
06-09-2010, 03:19 PM
Torbor was a DE at Auburn. He had 10 sacks as a senior, although he hasn't proven a great pass rusher as a pro. With the Giants, he played outside with Miami inside.

I think it makes sense for Buffalo to play him outside, given it is uncertain if Schobel returns. I imagine they will have him work inside some as well, as his versatility will allow them to deal with injuries. I doubt he starts, unless he flashes some of the pass-rush skill he did in college. I don't think he as strong playing the run at OLB, where he would have to set the edge. He may have some latent pass rush ability, though.

Miami must have liked something about him, because they gave him a $4M signing bonus after only being a reserve/spot-starter for the Giants.